U.S.-China Cooperation: The Great Space Debate

Personally, hells freakin no. The Chinese government has a long history of stealing American technology. I see this as an open opportunity for them to get into American labs and steal more technology under the guise of "cooperation." The Chinese are a new nation in the club of space exploration. Their ambitions are a little too far out than what they can truly and safely accomplish. I'm waiting for the day when the Chinese encounter a disastrous space accident followed by a mass cover-up. They sure talk big, but then they have to because they must continue to hold onto the hearts of their broken people or else another revolution will take place and you can bet the communist party won't be there when that revolution is over.

For me, cooperation with the Japanese, Europeans, and Australians are the American's best bet. The article does have a good point about how Americans use old space vehicles. They shold definitely start working on getting nuttier ships. Yes, I said ships, not dirty little shuttles.

HELL NO, I will not allow my hard earned tax dollars be spent so the communist chinese and steal it.

Were smacking probes into asteriods at 80 thousand miles per hour. There putting monkey in capsules.

I don't think you should underestimate China's space program since they're capable of "scrambling" an awfull lot of resources if they really want (and it looks like they're pretty serious now...)

The point was to further demonstrate the capability of mounting a full scale nuclear war against anyone on the planet- read USA. And as a highly symbolic gesture of them being a first rate power if only in the eyes of the Chinese- read the Great Leap Forward Redux.

Some people at Loral could illustrate the inordinately high cost they paid for that gesture. It cost Loral 600 million USD to learn of the shortcomings of the Chinese space programme.

Back