U.S army's one of the best friends

powerfulguy

NISI20081128_0000311673_web.jpg

[FONT=&#44404]20th April. U.S & Korea Army friendship event was held in Yongsan,Pyeongtaek,Daegu base camps. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]this event was prepared for U.S forces in Korea to experience Korean culture and learn in person. Generally, people from other countries couldn't eat kimchi well because of it's spicy. but U.S soldiers in Yongsan who participated in this event and made kimchi said, "Kimchi is not only spicy but also crispy, those are it's attractive points. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]They also learned Korean tea ceremony and made injulmi (a Korean traditional rice cake). Some of them drew an orchid-oriental painting and did kiteflying, testing makgeolli (a Korean traditional rice wine). [/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]I hope this event will be an enjoyment for both of armies and make more harden their friendship)[/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]:rockin:[/FONT]

I did multiple tours in the ROK and have great respect for the Country and its people. Of all the countries I served in while in the US Army Korea is the only one where I was welcomed.
My experience with Kim chi is that there are as many recipes as there are Koreans - some suited my taste, some did not.

Back