Tyranny

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Here’s what happens when you don’t control government:
A group of senior farmers are battling to save their industry from a red-tape disaster which could cost it an estimated £6 billion, and which the country’s leading independent experts say is wholly unnecessary. The Health and Safety Executive, however, refuses to listen to their arguments, even though a study by its own experts confirmed that the farmers and their scientific advisers are right.
At first glance, this would just seem to be the usual Government crap: refusing to back down from a regulation, even though the regulation makes no sense at all. But it goes deeper:
Bryan Edgley and his colleagues in the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire branch of the National Farmers Union have been concerned by the cost of new regulations governing the disposal of white asbestos cement, used in tens of thousands of post-war farm buildings. A succession of scientific studies have shown that white asbestos cement - not to be confused with the genuinely dangerous blue and brown forms of asbestos, a different mineral - poses no measurable risk to health.
And it gets worse:
Until two years ago white asbestos cement could still be disposed of by burying it or using it as rubble for farm tracks. But since 2006, farmers have had to pay up to £400 a ton to have it removed to a hazardous waste site (95 per cent of which have been closed down under an EU directive).
A study has shown that more than 50,000 farms have buildings containing asbestos cement, many of which will have to be replaced in coming years. For an average quantity of 300 tons, the cost of disposal would be £120,000 per farm - and the total bill about £6 billion.
Could there be more behind the Government’s refusal to reverse the stupid rule? When in doubt, follow the money:
Thanks to this column’s exposure of how contractors are exploiting asbestos legislation to create a colossal scam, Mr Edgley was able to contact the independent experts who have opposed it. At a seminar last month, shocked NFU members heard a presentation from Dr John Hoskins, a leading asbestos toxicologist, showing how the risks of white asbestos cement had been exaggerated by the HSE to promote the contractors’ interests. His case was supported by a paper from another world expert, Prof Fred Pooley, of Cardiff University.
The HSE, which is closely associated with the removal industry (it even pays one big asbestos consultancy to run its official helpline), refused to attend. It would receive a delegation of NFU members - on condition that they did not bring their scientific advisers.
So there you have it. A government agency has a financial interest in enforcing a law which makes no sense, costs taxpayers huge sums of money, and is in bed with the people who profit from the law’s enforcement. Also, the cost of disposing of this harmless substance is too high, because of the diktat of some unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.
I’d be even more scathing about this example of British corruption, except that we have a little thing here called “property forfeiture”, as practiced by the Drug Enforcement Agency, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and sundry local police forces.

Excuse me, but I have to go and sharpen my M4 bayonet now… and then I’ll oil that length of rope.

Just routine household maintenance, of course.

Naah - the last post misses the mark. There is no automatic prejudice of that sort with regard to terrorists. If you mean that the terrorists we do have are muslims, that is hardly our fault. As I have said before, we are the most tolerant folk in the world. One of our greatest heroes has been Mohammed Ali, who is held in great affection here, and we are not at war with names - we just do not like being bombed on our own streets. Do you??

About American farmers... now they're going to sell American beef that has mad cow disease in them to South Korea.
I did some information searching myself and yeah, the beef that they're going to be importing is NOT safe but lobbying in congress has made it possible for America to sell contaminated beef to countries that sign the FTA.
So screw it if several people die horribly, they just want to make money. It's greed at its worst. You know the old days when Americans thought about the product? When "Made in USA" actually meant something? Looks like it's a thing of the past.
Tyranny I tell you.
What the heck is the 2nd Amendment for if no one's got the guts to actually put the lives of criminals to a violent end?

Back