Type 98 Main Battle Tank (Copy of Xion's Thread)

Well it'd be hard to spot the soldier with the box to begin with. Not like the sniper has godly ability to spot guys with laser boxes. Who knows, those guys might be looking for snipers to blind! So I wouldn't count on the sniper idea.

I meant the sniper to take out the box on the tank, not to chase infantry...
and a sniper has a better ability to conceal himself in general than "box carrying infantry"=>ghillie suit, patience etc...

Yeah I guess so. Maybe they'll have it standard later on then... an APC or Humvee to go along with the tanks and in it would be the crew that are armed with the hideously large calibered sniping rifles.
Their job, to take out the lasers.
Better give them a mean pair of sunglasses too! And burn cream!

Something like that, yes.

The Israelis have it OK already. The Merkava has a 2 man (i think) cargo compartment.

hehe....Let me ask you something, who operates the laser? Cause while the Chinese guys are blinding the commander of a M1A2, the gunner can use the coax MG and blast the crap out of that gentel laser weapon...et alone just blast the Type 95 into the next world... :?

Dunno but I think it's a pile. Hopefully we'll find a way to render that thing useless by putting on a filter or something like that and in the end it'll be exactly what it really is: an over glorified T-72.

Now now....Like I said in the Merkava Vs. T90 topic, the T72s were a good machine. Given a 30 years newer Fire Control System and optics, it would make a good opponent...Still, Id rather be in the M1A2 when they bump heads... :D

what shall we do with the Chinese soldiers carring laser guns? :(...

Mod:We wont put them into a discussion about a tank... :D

Jane's Defense Weekly, a respected Britain-based military journal, said the People's Liberation Army is set to deploy a new main battle tank, or MBT, that, when fielded, will become the most powerful of its kind in the world.

As I said, until they field it, its is not their most advanced tank.

the_13th_redneck said:
www.truthseeker.co.uk.
It's got leftist propaganda written all over the URL.

game over, thanks for playing

Jane's Defense Weekly, a respected Britain-based military journal, said the People's Liberation Army is set to deploy a new main battle tank, or MBT, that, when fielded, will become the most powerful of its kind in the world.

Back