Type 98,98G,99 tank

they are pretty expensive, just as any third generation tanks in the world, at least 3-4 million U.S per copy i think

so the situation will be, in 2rd and 6rd armor division, there will be all 98G or 99s..

and the rest A-class armor divisions (5-7), will have one reigment of 98 or 99, and rest are type 96s..(a tank roughly comparable to t-80U probably)

It's still a steel armored tank, and with that it'll get rolled on the battlefield :-/

That being said, I do like the laser self defence weapon.

en..

it is not steel armor

if u look at the description

it is more like a combination of layers of steel and other materials..

and above it and layer of explosive armors (as in the picture)

It's steel armor with a composite on the front and can bit fitted with ERA. ERA is kina' irrellevent vs. American tanks and...

1) I doubt the chinese composite armor
2) One of the main threats to an MBT on a modern battlefield is ATGMs which generally don't fire at the front anyway.

Whispering Death said:
It's steel armor with a composite on the front and can bit fitted with ERA. ERA is kina' irrellevent vs. American tanks and...

2) One of the main threats to an MBT on a modern battlefield is ATGMs which generally don't fire at the front anyway.

translated

the armoured composition and thickness also are our main battle tank secret. But in order to let everybody be sincerely convinced, I may slightly disclose. I use am am separated the type composite armor, by the multilayer high strength, the tough alloy steel and other metal material weldings becomes. The newest advanced version leopard 2 A 6 armor obtained further strengthened, positive armor thickness probably was equal to 650? ? 750 millimeters homogeneous steels. Had this body "the golden bell glass", I may be in the world one of protection capability best main battle tanks.

First of all, unverifiable information means nothing to me. Secondly, how can it be the best armored MBT if its composite armor is only on the front?

Chogum armored Challenger 2 tank took 8 RPGs and 1 ATGM while completely imobolised and blinded. I seriously doubt the same thing would happen to a Chinese steel hull.

Concurrently, is the turret even armored with the composite? A significant number of tank-to-tank kills made by the Americans in the gulf wars have been turret hits.

From Global Security

The Type 98 was first introduced to the public during the parade on October 1, 1999, marking the 50th Anniverary of the founding of the People's Republic China. While initially confused as the Type 96, further study revealed that the 18 tanks on display during the parade were in fact a member of the Type 80 family of Chinese Main Battle Tanks.

The Type 98, also known as the WZ-123 MBT, is based on the Russian T-72 and even features a hull design similar to the Russian tank.

The Type 98 program is believed to have begun sometime in the early 1990s as the Chinese explored design changes to the Type 90-II.

Whispering Death said:
Chogum armored Challenger 2 tank took 8 RPGs and 1 ATGM while completely imobolised and blinded. I seriously doubt the same thing would happen to a Chinese steel hull..

You got any further info on which parts the challenger took those hits? Even the lighty armored stryker has survived rpg hits with its improvised extra armor. The Rpg's used there are nothing more but pathetic spitballs.

Armyjaeger said:
Whispering Death said:
Chogum armored Challenger 2 tank took 8 RPGs and 1 ATGM while completely imobolised and blinded. I seriously doubt the same thing would happen to a Chinese steel hull..

You got any further info on which parts the challenger took those hits? Even the lighty armored stryker has survived rpg hits with its improvised extra armor. The Rpg's used there are nothing more but pathetic spitballs.

Well i know one T-80 in Chechenya took 8 rpg hits too..

Ill just make a few short attacks, if I may. Because in my non-expert opiinion, some of you are just posting things that are ncorrect.

It's still a steel armored tank, and with that it'll get rolled on the battlefield :-/

That being said, I do like the laser self defence weapon.

I don't think that its a self defese weapon at all, as its meant to blind the enemys tankers. Its a very horribel piece of weaponry in my view.

it is more like a combination of layers of steel and other materials..

It is not maid of layers, it has some added compoit armour on the front. I would not consider that a composit armor tank.

By what reason do you doubt the chinese composit armor? Do you have any specific info on it? If you do, head over to the CIA and tell them, im sure they will like to know...In the mean while, I thing we should assume its similar to other composite armor from around the world.

That is by far an exgeration. Firstly, the Stryker failed to stop RPGs, untill they added the "cage" protection, which simply causes the RPG to explode too far away from the whole to do damage. This dose not mean that the Strykers armor can stop a RPG 7 round. Not at all. Scondly, the RPG 7 is a small, cheap anti tank weapon, that can penetrate 320mm of steel. That is not a spitball at all. however, since composite armour is so effective, it is hard to actually penetrate a modern tank with a RPG, unless you hit it at very specific weak points that diverce fom tank to tank.

[/quote]

320mm of steel is probably the penetration of the original soviet rpg-7 quite the same as for any light anti tank weapon of that era, however today there are a wide variety of different rockets available for rpg-7 and you'll be lucky to safely launch one of those let alone do some damage to a modern mbt.

actually, the Russians made so many that there is no lack in original ones. to that you can add all the chinese and israeli made ones, and you will see that there are a lot of good usable rockets for the RPG 7 out there. Also, there are newer ones that can penetrate even more.

The Type 98 isn't protected by just steel plate. It has composite armor, probably something like 1st Gen Chobham(not Chogum) across it's front. It's got ERA too, which probably brings it's frontal KEP to 800mm and CEP to 1000mm. It's good, but not great

The best thing going for it is the Chinese 3rd Gen DU APFSDS with 810mm-960mm protection.

I'm sick of RPGs being referred to as "spitballs". They are extremely effective, potent anti-tank weapon, especially in their latest forms.

lol im sick of americans crying over the use of laser dazzlers

if u dont mind using gatlin guns or clusetr bombs on infantry, why bother with soemthing that does not even kill you??? logically people should be fearing those instead of laser dazzlers

AA said:
lol im sick of americans crying over the use of laser dazzlers

if u dont mind using gatlin guns or clusetr bombs on infantry, why bother with soemthing that does not even kill you??? logically people should be fearing those instead of laser dazzlers

cool, just rememeber what you said when/if the US field an anti infantry laser weapon

Back