Type 98,98G,99 tank

If the arms embargo was to be lifted, where would can they choose to study the 1500 HP German engine? From which firm? In my opinion, Daimler-Chrystler would be the obvious choice to find one.

I'm still out on the idea of blinding lasers, I'm not quite convinced they're on the same level as poison gas, but this doesn't mean I'm pro-laser at all, just undecided.

That being said, I think it is a very novel idea to use a laser to finally have a countermeasure to the man portable ATGM.

Whispering Death said:
That being said, I think it is a very novel idea to use a laser to finally have a countermeasure to the man portable ATGM.
Although even Indian tanks have this system, I wonder how effective this system will be in actual combat. Most tank approaches would have a minimum of 5 anti-tank weapons (integral to inf units) covering the area. (A whole infantry battalion can field 20 anti-tank systems) This is excluding the armour and arty assets in that area of the formation.

lemontree said:
Sexybeast said:
new type 99 is said to have 1500 horse power engine
The Type 99 is 'said' to be a Type 98 chassis, with a turret having a 152mm gun. The increase due to heavier gun (from 125mm for Type 98 MBT) will increase the tank wt to about 75 tons.
My question is, what engine is being used to propel the Type 99?..Is it a different engine from the Type 99 or is it the same 1200 hp deasil engine.

what? 75 tons tank produce by chinese? not a chance, fact, the train cart can't transport the weight, check the chinese train cargo cart's weight limit, you will know why...

The box like turret does gives it a character. It does look like a Leopard. The T-98/99 is derived from European and Russian designs....a mix of the both you can say.

and it is composite armor molecules (removable ) i think,

right Kozzy?

ur previous posts convince me that u r a tank expert :tank:

It's spaced plates designed to yaw and actually go back against the penetrator. I also think it has a double layer of reactive armor. I could be wrong though.

Back