Two Months, Two Weeks, Two Days...

Damien435

That's how long until I leave for basic training (Navy) and what I would like to know from the members here with some experience is where should I be for physical fitness before arriving at basic? What should my mile time be at? Two miles? Three? How many miles should I be running on a daily basis? How many push ups, sit ups, chin ups and any other ups should I be doing? Since I'm going to the Wellness Center on campus already are their any particular workouts you would recommend over others (ie. arm extensions over bicep curls)? How long must I be able to tread water unassisted? Any other advice before I go?

I know this may seem like a lot, but I've been working out since October to get in shape and I figure now that I'm well conditioned its time to start building up in the areas I'll need the most to make it through basic and hopefully make my experience a little less stressful. Also, does anybody here know how RPO's are chosen? I'm not looking to be one or anything, I'm just curious.

I leave in 82 more days for Army BCT. For us, it is on our website. Perhaps it is the same with the Navy.

Congrats on your choice! Are you excited?

All I can say is congratulations and good luck.
As for fitness... don't push yourself too hard to the point where you can get an injury but be fit enough. As for times, I can't say for the US military per se but you should (as a human being) aim for a mile time of under 6 minutes and a 3 mile time of less than 30 minutes. Both times are not stellar but it's something you should be able to do if you have any self respect. If you can hit those marks you should be fine.

I leave in 82 more days for Army BCT. For us, it is on our website. Perhaps it is the same with the Navy.

Congrats on your choice! Are you excited?

Excited probably isn't the best word... apprehensive would be better. It's been a long road for me to get into the military, I'm really worried that after going through all this something will happen and I won't be able to go to basic as happened last time.

My momma always told me not to borrow trouble as it comes around on its own. Besides you don't want to defeat yourself.

The advise I've been given is that BMT is 90% mental and only 10% physical. (Even family in the Army told me that.)

I reminded my daughter to follow her dream and believe in herself. She did fine going through Basic.

Back