Two Marines, A Navy Ship and a Dumb Blonde WAC (me!!!)

Lilmissflamethrower

As I mentioned in my introduction, I work on a WWII aircraft carrier, the USS Hornet. It is now a museum and is at the old Alameda Navy Base in Alameda, CA. I guess you can consider this a funny military story, although it involved an old Navy ship, two Marines and a Women's Army Corp (except a pretend one!)

Every couple months we have big band dances, like Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, etc. I work there and I also go to the dances as a WAC with my recreation group.

This dance was a couple months ago. Vince, an ex-Navy guy who lives on the ship had his brother, a Marine and his buddy, also a Marine on the ship visitng and they stayed for the dance.

During the dance Vince and I took them for a tour of the ship. When we were up at the Foc'sle (where they kept the anchor chains) the two Marines told asked me if I knew about the old Navy tradition of spitting out port holes. I said no. They said every time you pass a port hole you have to spit out of it. So when we came to a port hole, they would spit out of it then I would spit out of it, then Vince would spit out of it.

This went on abit because there were a lot of port holes.

So the next day I was on the ship again. We just happened to have the Navy reserves there and also there was some Marine unit there (we do have military stuff go on there). I kept asking the Navy guys, then the Marine guys about the "Old Navy spitting out of port hole tradition."

They all looked at me blankly and said they didn't know about this tradition.

So later in the day, I saw Vince and asked him why no one had heard of the spitting out of the port hole tradition. He just started laughing his head off. I said "what? what?????????" He said "Well didn't you notice those portholes were getting lower and lower?" I said "yeah..." he said "And you were wearing a skirt?"

Oooohhh... I am going to get them back! Somehow! Someway!!!!

lol

Never trust a Man especially if he's a marine! lol your friend should have been a bit nicer and stoped you but you have to admit it was funny!

He said "Well didn't you notice those portholes were getting lower and lower?" I said "yeah..." he said "And you were wearing a skirt?"

Think about it, dude - she had to bend over to spit out the porthole.

Back