Two children killed

Sure

Sure. Sure. I had enough of this nonsence. Get it to your head. Israeli soldiers are not terrorists. They dont kill children intentionally. The ones that do are punished.

Half-eaten Israeli Army rations were discarded in the rooms and on the roof, as were spent 7.62mm and 5.56mm bullet cases.

This seems suspect to me. I've worked with, and in some cases trained Israeli snipers - they are professionals. Leaving behind Half-eaten rations and casings? I find that very hard to believe.

I heard there was also a blue Star of David painted on the wall and a graffiti saying "we did it" in Hebrew.

That does sound very suspect, and pointless, what could possibly be the purpose of sending out a very valuable and highly trained sniper team to assassinate a pair of school children (let alone staking out the area for a long enough time to require the use of rations at all, and then reveal their position by shooting at two kids)?

This news report sounds like its time to save our wristwatches, because its too late for our boots, its so deep in Bulls**t.

Leave behind evidence? Yeah right.

Bore a hole through an adobe wall without arousing someones suspicion? Yeah right.

Since when do they mark ammo boxes in the Israeli army as to its purpose? Ammo for snipers...sheeeesh.

Im with rndrsafe: professionals dont do these things. shoot, even the rankest greehorn idiot wouldnt do these things.

ItalianGuy4US said:
Only idiots could believe it.

There could actually be some truth in the story, but I do NOT believe that IDF soldiers shoots innocent children like that..
They were 13 and 16 years old, and old enough to cary/use weapons.
IF the IDF soldiers did shoot them, I'm sure it was a good reason for it..

Redleg said:
There could actually be some truth in the story, but I do NOT believe that IDF soldiers shoots innocent children like that..
They were 13 and 16 years old, and old enough to cary/use weapons.
IF the IDF soldiers did shoot them, I'm sure it was a good reason for it..

Yes, but given some of the "over" attention to detail the story supplies, one would be hesitant to believe any of it.

With that, I'm off to find a box of "Ammo for dummies" :lol:

This story sounds like bull :cen: to me. Why were there two different types of bullet cases on the floor? Did this sniper use two different rifles?
Or was there more then one "sniper", but they both missed the third kid?

What kind of ammo does the IDF use for sniping anyway?

Redneck said:
Magic Rainbow Rounds.

Actually, IDF snipers do not need rifles. They have various rounds of ammo on their bellies - all they need do is place their hands on hips and shout "CARE BEAR STAAAAAAAARE"

hmmm

Well,

Half-eaten Israeli Army rations were discarded

Nonsence, Israeli soldiers never go halfway through a ration...They eat it all, and then another one....No seriously, the whole thing is redicules.

Do we use 7.62 ammo for sniping? I dont know, we might, we have more then one kind of sniper-rifle in service...

RnderSafe said:
Actually, IDF snipers do not need rifles. They have various rounds of ammo on their bellies - all they need do is place their hands on hips and shout "CARE BEAR STAAAAAAAARE"

:lol: What did I start now, Sir? First dolphins, then sheep, now the Care Bears?
By the way, totally off-topic, but I think they should have a Beer-Belly Bear.

I know that the IDF does have some Barrett M82s (I seen them in the magazines), which are .50s (always kind of thought those were a little overkill for urban combat).

The M24 SWS is their bread and butter. This is not to say they do not employ others [M40, Mauser 66 and 86's (mainly for close range)]. They have really come along way with their sniper program, especially within the past 5 years. There is still a lot of ground to cover, but they're diligent and eager.

They do have M82, but those are mainly for hard targets or (in a pinch) long distance (1000m+) so I doubt they used that to shoot those wee innocent children while eating their MREs and spray painting their "We Wuz Here" sign :lol:

Rndersafe wrote:

They do have M82, but those are mainly for hard targets or (in a pinch) long distance (1000m+)

Yeah, and correct if Im wrong, but wouldnt that leave a bit more then a clean entry hole?

Back