Two children killed - Page 2

--

May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
What kind of ammo does the IDF use for sniping anyway?
Magic Rainbow Rounds.
May 28th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Magic Rainbow Rounds.
Actually, IDF snipers do not need rifles. They have various rounds of ammo on their bellies - all they need do is place their hands on hips and shout "CARE BEAR STAAAAAAAARE"

May 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: hmmm

Well,

Quote:
Half-eaten Israeli Army rations were discarded

Nonsence, Israeli soldiers never go halfway through a ration...They eat it all, and then another one....No seriously, the whole thing is redicules.

Do we use 7.62 ammo for sniping? I dont know, we might, we have more then one kind of sniper-rifle in service...
--
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Actually, IDF snipers do not need rifles. They have various rounds of ammo on their bellies - all they need do is place their hands on hips and shout "CARE BEAR STAAAAAAAARE"
What did I start now, Sir? First dolphins, then sheep, now the Care Bears?
By the way, totally off-topic, but I think they should have a Beer-Belly Bear.

I know that the IDF does have some Barrett M82s (I seen them in the magazines), which are .50s (always kind of thought those were a little overkill for urban combat).
May 28th, 2004  
RnderSafe

The M24 SWS is their bread and butter. This is not to say they do not employ others [M40, Mauser 66 and 86's (mainly for close range)]. They have really come along way with their sniper program, especially within the past 5 years. There is still a lot of ground to cover, but they're diligent and eager.

They do have M82, but those are mainly for hard targets or (in a pinch) long distance (1000m+) so I doubt they used that to shoot those wee innocent children while eating their MREs and spray painting their "We Wuz Here" sign
May 28th, 2004  
Darkmb101

I find this thing nearly impossible to believe. With all the evidence, i agree with rndersafe.
May 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Rndersafe wrote:

Quote:
They do have M82, but those are mainly for hard targets or (in a pinch) long distance (1000m+)
Yeah, and correct if Im wrong, but wouldnt that leave a bit more then a clean entry hole?
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

If it was a headshot, the neck would be the only "hole" left.
May 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: yep

Yeah, thats what i figured....