'Twas the night before Elections

IT CAN'T BE ANY WORSE THAN IT PRESENTLY IS ......

I notice that the most negative laden posts on the forum are by those who seem to be for McCain/Palin and against Obama.

Life imitating life?????????
Negative imitating negative?????????

Sorry but I have had enough Bush economics and world changing BS. Whether it is Obama or someone other than another Bush Republican, America needs a change. As far as I am concerned, GW Bush and his administration is a total failure and 90% McCain is just another Bush clone who seems to think that just because he would be President, failed policies would somehow magically turn into winners ...... sorry, but cutting off another inch of the board when it is already too short won't change the end result. Once a losing failure, always a losing failure.

It's time for a change ... send all of the GOP dinosaurs home (including McCain) ... let some new blood into the political arena.

{IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE ANY WORSE THAN IT PRESENTLY IS}.

The Other Guy does have a point here,

We have a humor section, and childish stuff like this belongs in it. This area should be reserved for those who want ADULT discussion, not the nasty negative posts which as the Chief pointed out, is coming from ONE side, not both.

The only reason we haven't descended into a flamewar (yet) is because people on the Obama side have shown considerable restraint.

The only reason we haven't descended into a flamewar (yet) is because people on the Obama side have shown considerable restraint.
I am not necessarily pro Obama, but I new that regardless of which way the vote may go tomorrow, the Republican debate on this site was lost weeks ago.

"Oh Woe! I'm gunna neck myself if Obama gets in" "The USA is Doomed",... What a crock of defeatist crap. Hardly the sort of stuff to come from adults, let alone "battle hardened" ex servicemen.

Get a f*cken grip, F'God's sake.

Last edited:
The Other Guy does have a point here,

We have a humor section, and childish stuff like this belongs in it. This area should be reserved for those who want ADULT discussion, not the nasty negative posts which as the Chief pointed out, is coming from ONE side, not both.

Both sides are quite guilty mmarsh and you know it. There has been little restraint shown as far as negative posts. There only reason there has been no flame war is because we won't allow it. You engage in a flame war, you're gone. I feel we've been very lenient about allowing people to post their opinions, whether we agree with them or not and I hope our members appreciate that.

Both sides are quite guilty mmarsh and you know it. There has been little restraint shown as far as negative posts. There only reason there has been no flame war is because we won't allow it. You engage in a flame war, you're gone. I feel we've been very lenient about allowing people to post their opinions, whether we agree with them or not and I hope our members appreciate that.

No DTOP,

I stand by what I said, check the threads in the political threads if you dont believe me. These childish chain-mails (which are not mentioned as being a chainmail unless asked), the cartoons, the videos, etc are coming from one side and not the other. If you check the most recent 10 threads I count at least 3-4 that are meant as a dig, not as a discussion. I can even list them if you like. Thats just a fact.

By contrast, I havent seen very little made about McCain here. And if there are (that I missed) they have been they are very few and far in-between. Perhaps you missed the comments, but I am not the only one suggesting how one-sided and chilidish this stuff is (check the post above mine), and its been mentioned elsewhere here too. That doesn't mean people dont have to criticize Obama but do it thats not insulting. Videos suggesting Obama is a America-Hating terrorist-lover is a slam.

Thats not to say we havent criticized McCain, because of course we have. Most of us try to stay respectful. We stick to his platform, his ideology, his gaffes, his background, we dont publish things suggest that are simply insulting or are simply known lies. And frankly I think some members here know that some of what they are posting is factually questionable.

How would you all feel if if I posted the crap (as the far left has) that during the war McCain was a stoolie to the NVA (and yes it does exsist. Its both insulting and its a lie. Speaking strictly for myself, I dont post or suggest stuff I cannot backup and I dont personally mock candidates (names, family, faith) unless there is a direct link with the election. For example, Sarah Palin preganant teenager wouldnt have been mentioned if werent for the fact that Sarah Palin tends to lecture people on 'family values'. thats a direct contradiction between what she preaches and what she practices.

I am not saying people dont have the right to post that stuff, I just think it doesnt belong HERE in the Politics thread, it should be in the Humor section. Of course same goes for the anti-McCain stuff if there is any.

Last edited:
Yall know what, say what you want about either candidate they both have good points and bad points.

I believe that Obama's tax plan will make prices I pay go up if he "taxes the rich"
I believe that McCain's tax plan on my insurance will make the prices I pay go up
McCain was in the Military, I respect that
Obama never has been in the military
McCain stands and places his hand over his heart for the National anthem
I haven't seen Obama do that yet
McCain wears the little flag pin
Obama didn't until there was a great big national stink about it
McCain is a true American
Obama is the first true African-American I have ever know of
McCain likes football
Obama likes football
McCain is old
Obama isn't

heres the best part and my driveing force

McCain is six of one.
Obama is half a dozen of another.

You chose, its your choice.

Yall know what, say what you want about either candidate they both have good points and bad points.

I believe that Obama's tax plan will make prices I pay go up if he "taxes the rich".
I believe that McCain's tax plan on my insurance will make the prices I pay go up
McCain was in the Military, I respect that
Obama never has been in the military
McCain stands and places his hand over his heart for the National anthem
I haven't seen Obama do that yet
McCain wears the little flag pin
Obama didn't until there was a great big national stink about it
McCain is a true American
Obama is the first true African-American I have ever know of
McCain likes football
Obama likes football
McCain is old
Obama isn't

heres the best part and my driveing force

McCain is six of one.
Obama is half a dozen of another.

You chose, its your choice.

1. (Inflation) They didn't go up when Bill Clinton did the same in 1993, because there were anti-inflation controls taxed on the the bill.

2. (McCain Insurence Tax). I Don't know enough about this to comment.

3. (Military Service) I respect his service too, but it has little to do with his job as president. His the 30 years in the Senate count more to me. The fact Obama didnt serve has no bearing on me, plenty of great presidents didnt serve including FDR.

4. (Pledge) Personally I don't care one way or another. Its meaningless, I judge people on actions, what they say and what they do. However...Here you go...

PH2007110101367.jpg

5. I don't care about flag pins, hand gestures, flag underwear, or any other symbols. For reference the were not commonly worn by anyone until the Neocons made it a fashion accessory. And frankly the neocons sort of made wearing a flagpin a permenant turn off to me...bad memories. Frankly I'd prefer them NOT wear it for a spell.

6. McCain is a True American. So is Obama, you, me, DTOP, Chief Bones, 5.56, and all other 3OO Million people. There is no such thing as a second-class American, says so in the Constitution.

Last edited:
Well,... It'll all just be history in a day or so.

Which ever way it goes, it will be the will of the people, so please don't bother p!ssing and whining about it.

That's the way democracy works.

Actually mmarsh Obama is a true African-American ( father from Kenya, mother from the US) but I see your point about American as he WAS born here.

thanks for the picture, that is the only picture I have seen of the man with his hand across his heart.
As for the flag pin, its a personal preference thing here in America, the candidates traditionally wear the pin on their lapel.

As for the flag pin, its a personal preference thing here in America, the candidates traditionally wear the pin on their lapel.
I presume that by this, you mean "some candidates", or "many candidates".

One does not have to prove that he is a "sheep" to be a good candidate. Personally I feel that a lot of this patriotic nonsense is more often than not, a "gimmick". Does this line of thought imply that persons who do not wear a lapel pin, are not patriotic?

I was staggered that so much was made of this in the press.

I'll guarantee that I'm as patriotic as the best of them, however I never feel that I have to make an overt display of it. In fact, to me that is somewhat "lame", actually signifying that the person is not really convinced of their own conviction.

Pin or no pin.... In my opinion candidates hide their cluelessness behind a lot of patriotic clout. Ehh... I don't know what to say, so it must be anti American. I saw so many reactions like "Why do you hate your country so much?" when it person merely was being critical.
And on the topic of flaming. Go to google/ images and type anti Obama and anti-McCain. You'll see for yourself that the republicans are so much harder in their attacks then the democrats. Terrorist-lover, foetus-killer, communist and it goes on and on. Once again; they hide their incapability behind personal attacks.

Pin or no pin.... In my opinion candidates hide their cluelessness behind a lot of patriotic clout. Ehh... I don't know what to say, so it must be anti American. I saw so many reactions like "Why do you hate your country so much?" when it person merely was being critical.
And on the topic of flaming. Go to google/ images and type anti Obama and anti-McCain. You'll see for yourself that the republicans are so much harder in their attacks then the democrats. Terrorist-lover, foetus-killer, communist and it goes on and on. Once again; they hide their incapability behind personal attacks.
best post I've heard in a while.

The republican party was doing anything it could to stop Obama from becoming president, but after 8 years of everybody in the world hating President Bush, I think any democrat they put up would have won if they said change.

Back