The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment - Page 2

--
Boots

March 16th, 2005  
chewie_nz

all i see here is blind flag waving...if you do believe in something you will be able defend that belief to the hilt. without just tearing someone and their point of view down.

you miss many oppertunities to educate people on your country,

which shouldn't be hard to do as americans outnumber every other nation on this forum...so don't play hard up here when you strike a member who has a point of view about the US that run contrary to your own...it's not country bashing...it's an opinion
March 16th, 2005  
Charge 7

When they post nothing else, it's country bashing. I think I've seen _one_ article from him that wasn't anti-American and that one was about Spain. Big surprise.

Missed opportunites? Only to those that close their ears and regurgitate their mantra of "America is bad! America is bad!".

Blind flag waving? _You're_ the one who's blind as I have more than once admitted mistakes we've made and wrong courses of actions we've intentionally taken. Having done that doesn't make us a "bad" nation and doesn't justify your incessent speal of anti-Americanism.
March 16th, 2005  
MontyB

Charge_7:
Can I recommend separating paragraphs with empty lines as its a bastard trying to read one huge sentence.

Quote:
What I'm talking about is this constant, hectoring, non-stop anti-American mantra you, staurofilakes, and a couple of others are bent on.
I assume I am in this list, I honestly dont see whats wrong with what Staurofilakes posts I tend to think I few Americans around here make the same mistake GWB made when declared "You are either with us or against us" just after Sept 11 because it only serves to polarise people through depriving them of options, for example I fully support the Afghan phase of the war on terrorism but I believe the war in Iraq was an unjustified illegal act under your views that simply makes me anti-american.

HOWEVER:

Having read the article I can honestly say I didnt know that went on but to be honest I am not suprised it did happen as that was a particually tumultuous time in US civil rights history.

The only real question I have is why does it matter now, the issues that caused this have been removed for a good 30 years now it is perhaps time to consign it to history and move on.
--
Boots
March 16th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
all i see here is blind flag waving...if you do believe in something you will be able defend that belief to the hilt. without just tearing someone and their point of view down.

you miss many oppertunities to educate people on your country,

which shouldn't be hard to do as americans outnumber every other nation on this forum...so don't play hard up here when you strike a member who has a point of view about the US that run contrary to your own...it's not country bashing...it's an opinion
Hehe this is a very Kiwi argument you are using (cheer for the underdog ), I dont think the problem is necessily on the content of whats posted but the context in which it is posted.

One thing worth remembering is that in arguments of religion and politics (of which nationalism and patriotism falls) no one ever changes their opinion they just get louder.
March 16th, 2005  
Corocotta

First, I am not anti-american, there are thing that the US made/make that I do not agree with.Everything thing I said was said in a polite way. I tought a forum was a place where you could write down you ideas and if somebody doesn´t agree he will give you arguments against your ideas. If you do not have arguments then it is better to shut up. When I posted about Pearl Harbour,I had my opinion, but reading other arguments it changed a litle bit, i think that is the great yhing of a forum!

As it says above this is an international forum, so i guess that not everybody has to think like you guys do. If you do not like my ideas lets dialogue and give my arguments. You do not have to think that everything that I say is an attack to your country,I like US,I think is agreat country, the problem is that you guys just see the good things, you never see the bad side, and if some body tells you he is insulting you...

As you said, I also wrote bad things about my country, and there are much more...
March 16th, 2005  
chewie_nz

well said,

but i don't think us "uppity foreigners" will get off of charges lil list of anti-americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
you might try some tiny amount of diplomacy.

lol, i thought america had given up on diplomacy ;p

meh...like i said it just sounds like the buzzing of flies to me now

*however* i try not to let this flavour the rest of charges post's....he is worth listening to on quite a few topics, i just wish he could extend the same curtesy of not judging me
March 16th, 2005  
Redleg

This thread have wandered too far off in the wrong direction..

Locked.

Feel free to start a new thread about your original topic staurofilakes, but please include more than just a link and three words in your topics from now on.

And to the rest of you:
Use the "report post" button if you see any posts that you believe violates the forum rules.
Do NOT reply in the thread, it won't lead to any good anyway...

Thanks.