Turtle.

Jamoni

I mentioned snapping turtles on another post. Fort Polk has snapping turtles. They pretty much keep to themselves, but they are there. So one day I'm driving home to north fort. There is only one road there, no exits or stops, so there is no reason for a huge traffic jam. But this day there is one. Thinking there must be an accident, I walk up to the front to see if I can help (I was an EMT before going active). As I approach the "Scene" I see several soldiers taking turns picking up a pillow sized object in the road, carrying it a few steps, and then dropping it and hopping around waving their arms. As I get nearer, I see that a HUGE snapping turtle is the object in question. This guy's head is the size of my fist. They keep picking him up, he digs his claws into their arms until he can turn to get them, then bites them, and they drop him.
Without saying a word to the best and brightest, I grab a stick, whack the thing in the head, and drag him into the ditch when he clamps down on the stick.

Seems like the logical thing to do in that situation. Let me guess the guys trying to move the turtle were privates.

Back