Turkish movie depicts Americans as savages in Iraq

Duty Honor Country

"[American Soldiers] kill dozens of innocent people with random machine-gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison -- where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv."

This is from the CNN article that I read just a few minutes ago. The rest can be found by clicking on the link below.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/02/turkish.movie.ap/index.html

The movie is called "Valley of the Wolves Iraq." The official website is below. It took a little while for it to load. I was able to see the trailor but in broken segments. I tried explorer and it worked a little better.
http://www.valleyofthewolvesiraq.com/high/main.html

I really hope that anyone who can speak Aribic can fill me and the rest of forum in on what is being said. As for what I think about the film, it definately looks to show the extreme bad side of Americans in Iraq with twisting the truth and telling straight up lies.

All part of the media war being played out by both sides.
Treat it for what its worth..........dunny paper.

Doody said:
"[American Soldiers] kill dozens of innocent people with random machine-gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison -- where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv."

This is from the CNN article that I read just a few minutes ago. The rest can be found by clicking on the link below.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/02/turkish.movie.ap/index.html

The movie is called "Valley of the Wolves Iraq." The official website is below. It took a little while for it to load. I was able to see the trailor but in broken segments. I tried explorer and it worked a little better.
http://www.valleyofthewolvesiraq.com/high/main.html

I really hope that anyone who can speak Aribic can fill me and the rest of forum in on what is being said. As for what I think about the film, it definately looks to show the extreme bad side of Americans in Iraq with twisting the truth and telling straight up lies.

It pretty easy to see that that Turkey is not too fond of the US in helping set up a Kurdish state (which will happen) in Northern Iraq.

Unfortunately the image of the US military efforts are taking a worse battering in the Middle East at the moment. Could we see this coming?

Iraq is now an excellent recruiting ground for terrorist. The Taliban is still quite active in some parts of Afghanistan.

The US forces will have to stay in Iraq for years. It is costing billions in dollars and casualties are never ending.

Do Americans now feel safer from terrorists???

Interesting bit.......worthless, but interesting. Maybe we should start boycotting Turkish products, because I heard the movie watches like a cartoon!

Im actually surprised they got 2 well known American actors to play in the Movie. Billy Zane and Gary Busey. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I opposed this war from the start but that doesnt mean I'm going to star in propaganda films that desperage our soldiers out there, not to mention the obvious anti-semetic theme to the movie.

I agree with Ted, there seems to be strong smell of hypocracy going on in the Muslim world. Inaccurate, anti-American, anti semetic, propaganda movies are tolerated but stupid cartoons in Europe are not.

Last edited:
Young Winston said:
Unfortunately the image of the US military efforts are taking a worse battering in the Middle East at the moment. Could we see this coming?

And just exactly what could be done to stop the terrorist attacks before going into Iraq? Would they magically disappear and everything in the Middle East return to peace on earth? A delusion is a heavy load to carry but you seem to be doing a superb job.

Young Winston said:
Iraq is now an excellent recruiting ground for terrorist. The Taliban is still quite active in some parts of Afghanistan.

And they were not before? Activity stops when it is stopped, not by just hoping it disappears.

Young Winston said:
The US forces will have to stay in Iraq for years. It is costing billions in dollars and casualties are never ending.

Man, you must write for al jezeera. There is no price too heavy for freedom.

Young Winston said:
Do Americans now feel safer from terrorists???

Has there been another 911? Then I guess the answer would be yes.

Missileer said:
And just exactly what could be done to stop the terrorist attacks before going into Iraq? Would they magically disappear and everything in the Middle East return to peace on earth? A delusion is a heavy load to carry but you seem to be doing a superb job.

Oh I don't know, maybe attack a state that was an actual threat and not one that was a dictatorship SUPRESSING Islamic fundamentalists.

The Iraq war is a stupid waste of money, life, and resources. It should've been the Iran war.

This movie just sounds stupid. The screenshots prove it. The US uniforms look cheap and patches are improperly worn.

PS. I bet the Turks would have an anurism if Hollywood made a movie about

Lets face it some of our troops both British and Americans have let us down by their sheer stupidity in photographing things they should have thought more carefully about, and compounding their silly action then posting them on the internet. Now I know it is only a small minority but the publicity has been horrendous and the trouble is that they don't have appeared to learnt any thing by it.

I accept that there is some silly things in that film but what about its subject?
Did you read the "about film"?

Why is anyone getting worked up about this?

Every month a crap American movie is released, in which people from some nationality are demonized (usually Russians, Arabs, Brits and Germans). This is exactly the same, except it's a Turkish movie with American bad guys. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Doody said:
I really hope that anyone who can speak Aribic can fill me and the rest of forum in on what is being said.

Dude that's Turkish, not Arabic.

Bugfatty said:
This movie just sounds stupid. The screenshots prove it. The US uniforms look cheap and patches are improperly worn.

Indeed. However, I've seen many US-productions in which US uniforms look cheap, stuff is improperly worn. And there's even more US-movies, in which foreign uniforms look cheap etc.

Last edited:
Missileer said:

And they were not before? Activity stops when it is stopped, not by just hoping it disappears.

Man, you must write for al jezeera. There is no price too heavy for freedom.

Has there been another 911? Then I guess the answer would be yes.

Oh Missileer. You seem so upset. You and Bush would make great buddies.

What does it feel like to be now in the minority on the Iraq issue??

You might want to check out how often incoming shipping containers are checked by security at for instance Boltimore, now that you feel so snug and secure at bedtime:sleep:

The actual topic was refering to Turkey. They do have big issues with the Kurds.

Max Boot of the LA Times published an outstanding article entitled "The West as scapegoat." He points out that many Muslims (and others) would rather blame the USA, Israel and "the West" for all the world's problems rather than engage in some badly needed introspection and reform. He concludes: "Muslim nations will never make any progress unless they stop focusing on the offenses, real or imagined, visited upon them by the outside world and start looking within for what ails them."

Is the only part that interested me in that article.

Edit: This person is repeatedly posting topics without voicing his opinion or even commenting on them. See my reply here: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20025 Maybe if we ignore them they will either pipe up or pipe down.

Last edited:
Back