Turkish Military.

^^^ a lot of countries use it. in fact, we ended up invading a certain country (Iraq) that had tons of US weapons in it's arsenal

The history books on my shelf tell me American equipment save your European arses in WWII. Can't blame others for wanting the same thing can we?

The history books on my shelf tell me American equipment save your European arses in WWII. Can't blame others for wanting the same thing can we?

Sorry, but Im Swedish we didn't participate in WW2, and in fact US didn't deliver alot of equipment Sweden had order beacuse they tought they needed it themself.

Because developping weapons require great resources and most countries don't have ebough resources to develop themself.
And now after cold war,military industry is no more profitable.

Sorry, but Im Swedish we didn't participate in WW2, and in fact US didn't deliver alot of equipment Sweden had order beacuse they tought they needed it themself.

Yes you are right.......... and a victorious, successful, Hitler and Third Reicht would never have had any any any interest in Sweden. His ambitions included controling or allying every single European country except Sweden. ;)

Last edited:

I'd say American Innovation, British stubborness and Russian sacrifice helped save europe (excluding those countries that stayed neutral) from the Nazis.

The equipment sure did help though! :thumb:

My guess would be Turkey, being surrounded by nations that are less then friendly at times, bought the best equipment available to them and by no small coincidence that just so happened to be American made. Any connection to Israel would be that Israel proved American equipment (especially in fighter aircraft) were far superior to their soviet counterparts in head to head engagements against Egyptian, Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian, Iraqi, Iranian, Saudi, Palestinian and Soviet soldiers/pilots.

Hopefully Sherman doesn't find this topic, he might be a little offended at calling Israel a "little America" since Israel has some rather strong indigenous weapons programs especially in the areas of small arms, armored vehicles and missile development programs.

Word on the street is the US Congress was once called the "Little Knesset" by Former Secretary of State James Baker.

The US is a very large Arms Dealer in the World, Turkey gets a lot of US Weapons and US Weapons Systems on a special schedule, because Turkey is a NATO Member, and they are our friends, in a part of the World where the US does not have many friends, so they choose to spend their Defense Dollars on US Systems, which is good for the United States.

Pakistan as a Major Non-NATO Ally of the United States is also getting US Weapons and US Weapons systems on a special schedule now, but, as far as I know, nowhere near what full NATO Members would get.

^^^ a lot of countries use it. in fact, we ended up invading a certain country (Iraq) that had tons of US weapons in it's arsenal

Could you name one of their American equipments?

They were supplied by the Soviets.

Yes you are right.......... and a victorious, successful, Hitler and Third Reicht would never have had any any any interest in Sweden. His ambitions included controling or allying every single European country except Sweden. ;)

Actually Sweden helped the Nazis in 1930s and 40s by supplying wood, iron ore and coal to the Germans

Main article: Swedish iron ore during World War II
A vital factor in Sweden's relations with the great powers, particularly Germany and Britain, was trade. Prior to the war Sweden had important trade connections with both countries. If Sweden had shown preference to either side, it would have threatened its neutrality and even its independence. Maintaining such trading partnerships was not only important politically, but in an economic sense as well. For example, in 1938 24 percent of Sweden's total exports went to Britain and another 18 percent to Germany.
The outbreak of war greatly affected trade with both countries. At the beginning of the war, agreements were signed between Sweden and the two great powers in order to sustain these vital export markets. However when Germany invaded Denmark and Norway in April 1940, coupled with a German blockade of the North Sea, Sweden's trade with Britain was cut by a total of 70 percent. Within the blockade trade with Germany increased, until 37 percent of Sweden's exports were shipped to Germany. Actually this included large quantities of Swedish steel, sold to Hitler's weapons industries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_during_World_War_II

Perhaps the most important aspect of Sweden's concessions to Germany during the Second World War was the extensive export of iron ore to be used in the German weapons industry.

Last edited:
Most of the neutrals offered considerable help to Germany during WWII, Sweden and Switzerland especially, Finland to a lesser extent.

Tis partly true, the USA delivered soviet weapons or arranged for them to be sold to Iraq back in the 80s, the USA didn't sell its own weapons to them. This meant that the soviets did not supply ALL the soviet made weapons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_sales_to_Iraq_1973-1990

It's BS

Name one American warplane in their inventory, for instance.

Soviets didn't have to go to Americans to be able to sell their stuff to Iraqis. They sold them directly.

Back