Turkish FM: Attack on Iraq not invasion (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Turkey's foreign minister said Thursday that any incursion by Turkish forces into Iraq would target guerrilla fighters and their bases and "would not be an invasion."

More...

Ansolutely it would not be an invasion. Turkish government only wants to get rid of that damned terrorists.

Ortouch, why doesn't Turkey just give the Kurds the mountains, is there anything of value there preventing your government from giving these people a homeland? I'd day give it to 'em and then if they continue to attack bomb the :cen: out of every square inch of New Kurdistan and you also wouldn't have the pesky issues of attacking them inside another country... something kinda like Lesotho in South Afrika. Is this a possibility?

Understood but what do you think of the homeland idea? Then if they dont play nice its in your own backyard and you have them all right where you can neatly bomb them and bury them in situ.

Ortouch, why doesn't Turkey just give the Kurds the mountains, is there anything of value there preventing your government from giving these people a homeland? I'd day give it to 'em and then if they continue to attack bomb the :cen: out of every square inch of New Kurdistan and you also wouldn't have the pesky issues of attacking them inside another country... something kinda like Lesotho in South Afrika. Is this a possibility?

We are not talking about Kurds here. We are talking about terrorists. But I see that you put them in the same place. And I am insisting about the things that I wrote before. "We should do whatever necessary to get rid of terrorist." as you did in Iraq and Afghanistan from thousand kilometers far from that region. If you have such a right then we should have same right to get rid of them.:m16shoot:

And if you are asking about Kurds living in Iraq I can answer you. They can have their nation in northern Iraq but this may create a danger for our national security. Its like this. Imagine that there is not Canada in the north of US, and there is a country called Iran and supporting the terrorist groups including Hezballah, Hamas, Al-Quaida and so on... Would you like to have a neighbour like that ? I don't want to have a neighbour country called Kurdistan because as I see today , they are supporting seperatist terrorist group PKK.

They can have their nation, I do not have anything to say this, but this nation should not include the soils of my country.And also I don't want such a country next to my country.Yes they have that right, but I don't want it and this is something about our national security. This is my personal judgement.:-|

Fair enough, I just thought the South Afrikaan homeland idea was a good one. Not next to your country but inside... ya know, keep your friends close but your enemies closer and all that. And no, I wouldn't want Iran up north I barely trust those pesky lumberjacks as is... but you do see the pickle the US is in right? I do agree you should be able to hunt down any terrorists. It just sucks they're hiding in with some of our neighborhood friends.

I lumped them together because the wording of Gator's response implied that there was an area in Northern Iraq he wished to have ethnically cleansed.

Back