580185op1.jpg

580186et1.jpg

038.jpg

22.jpg

turkey186.jpg

turkey187.jpg

Last edited:
Légionnaire;260401 said:
Nice pictures...are in the first four pictures turkish marines???

So long
Légionnaire

Turkish Sat Commandos. Thanks for the comment.

Last edited:
Légionnaire;260401 said:
Nice pictures...are in the first four pictures turkish marines???

Yes they are Turkish Sat Commando's. Why u asked it? Didn't you see the Turkish Flags on their arms.?

I saw the flags on their arms, but I don't know anything about SAT or how the troops are called...

So long
Légionnaire

Yes they are SAT commandos . SAT means Su Altı Taaruz, in English Underwater Assault Team. But I am not sure of its English meaning. ;)

Last edited:
In a recent tragedy, two mountanier died at Mount Ararat. 9 members of 11 strong Italian mountaineering team were rescued earlier but the two remaining members couldn't be found before. After the initial report at 11:45am, Turkish Army SAR helicopter (S70) started the search operation at 12:00pm. Shortly after that, the helicopter found the body of one mountanier and lifted him at 5050m (15,600 feet). The second missing person's body was also found but due to severe weather conditions couldn't be lifted. When the weather permitted at 17:27, the SAR helicopter returned back to the location and lifted the body at 5075m. (15,750 feet).

http://www.tsk.mil.tr/haberler_olaylar/tsk_arama_kurtarma_faaliyetleri/2006/akf01.htm

Earlier, a Turkish S70 rescued the mountanieers at high altitude of 11,000 feet and cited by Sikorsky, however, the record for the highest attitude rescue belonged to a Cougar S32 team which rescued American Mountanier John Thomas McIntosh at 14,000 feet at Mount Ararat. The latest operation represents the highest altitude achieved by Turkish SAR teams so far at 5075 m (15,750 feet), just 90 meters below the top of the Mount Ararat, the highest point in Turkey.

resim.jpg

Back