Turkey unveils new infantry rifle

Lunatik, you have to know that there is many people who think that Turkey is a poor underdeveloped country... It's not the case. It's maybe obvious to you, but there is people who dont have the knowledge you have about Turkey.

I just want to say that this country got potential...

And why the weapons are so shiny in the pictures? is it just the exposed models? or are all these weapons shiny in stock condition?

Isnt shiny objects terrible when it comes to camouflage?

Oh, I understand that and appreciate your efforts to clarify the case.

I think the weapons shown are straight from the assembly line. They will start replacing the grandpa's all time favorite G3s with these in 2009. Personally, I love this weapon. Highly mod-able, easily maintained, compared to G3 virtually jam free and they'll field the 5.56mm version. Which is better considering Turkey's mountainous terrain and its ongoing anti-terrorism efforts. There's also a romour that Turkish special operations units will use a special version that fires the 6.8mm Remington SPC. That'd be very cool.

I read somewhere that many law enforcement units in the US as well as SOCOM also use a similar clone of this weapon. And that it was rejected by the US Army just because it's mostly a foreign (German) design?

Last edited:
The turks make really high quality firearms. Beretta owns a number of companies that make products in Turkey. Hell, Beretta Shotgun barrels are turkish made.

Turkey equals quality

Back