tunisian soldier with steyr AUG

I'm just hoping the Moderators will do us all a favour and get rid of the source of all this annoyance. By his own admission, he doesn't know squat about the things we discuss, and adds no value to said discussions.

You could also simply choose not to be provoked and simply ignore the person. :wink:

Nope! Mercedes ml 320 cdi :wink:

Superior taste indeed, have you seen the ClS 2012 concept? The one with the grill design paying homeage to the 1950s gullwing masterpieces.:wink:

Considering how far this thread has drifted, sank, zombified and rose up again to attack the living, it seems anything is possible in this discussion now.

All in all, a direct hit from Mercedes in terms of design, composition and style. :D

Yes, it seems like everything is possible now. These posts tend to drift away at the moment.

mercedes ml320

my experience of mercedes is that the dealer has a time share deal with the car you bought from them`,my dealer has seen mine more than i have

Now go and look at what Ferrari Has gone and done.

A Ferrari with AWD, but yes it gets better, a HATCHBACK, looks like the Italians enjoyed the Panamera.

I wonder how the new FF will manage? A Ferrari that you can pick up groceries in, or your Tunisian soldiers with their F 88s. :)

BMW 335d. I own and AUG SA (the original with the integrated sight) with the bayonette lug and the Austrian issue bayonette. Haven't used it in combat, but the barrel is pretty heavy and it balances out the rest of the weapon pretty well. The butt is pretty strong and I really think it would survive an impact much better than a M-16 or any iteration thereof. I would not recommend the Austrian issue bayonette, damn expensive in the states and it looks like it was stamped out of steel and painted -- quite crude compared to the AUG.

BMW 335d. I own and AUG SA (the original with the integrated sight) with the bayonette lug and the Austrian issue bayonette. Haven't used it in combat, but the barrel is pretty heavy and it balances out the rest of the weapon pretty well. The butt is pretty strong and I really think it would survive an impact much better than a M-16 or any iteration thereof. I would not recommend the Austrian issue bayonette, damn expensive in the states and it looks like it was stamped out of steel and painted -- quite crude compared to the AUG.

No wonder they called it "space age" back in the day. ha

The Steyr is by far the biggest piece of crap ever purchased by the Australian Army - low range, minimal hitting power and it looks shithouse when used for drill.
I should know - I trialled the pieces of junk with 6RAR in 1990 before they became standard issue - weren't popular then, aren't popular now.
Something in a 7.62 variant is required for suitable range and stoppingpower.

Remember murphies law; your equipment is supplied by the lowest bidder

Now go and look at what Ferrari Has gone and done.

A Ferrari with AWD, but yes it gets better, a HATCHBACK, looks like the Italians enjoyed the Panamera.

I wonder how the new FF will manage? A Ferrari that you can pick up groceries in, or your Tunisian soldiers with their F 88s. :)

The best looking cars ever produced (in my humble opinion) the 1929 Bentley Blower and the E Type Jaguar. Unreliable I know, but who cares.

The Steyr is by far the biggest piece of crap ever purchased by the Australian Army - low range, minimal hitting power and it looks shithouse when used for drill.
I should know - I trialled the pieces of junk with 6RAR in 1990 before they became standard issue - weren't popular then, aren't popular now.

I heard that the Aussies had problems with it. I hate bull-pups with a passion, give me the old L1A1 every time.

Last edited:

Lets make one thing plainly clear: the 5.56mm NATO round will do the job. It's put a lot of people into the ground since first introduced.

Lets make one thing plainly clear: the 5.56mm NATO round will do the job. It's put a lot of people into the ground since first introduced.

And plenty of our guys are doing the job with exactly a 5.56 round.

The F88 has certainly had it's issues, but I don't think you can really compare the models kicking around now with the ADI trial gats that would've been kicking around before Gulf War 1.

And plenty of our guys are doing the job with exactly a 5.56 round.

The F88 has certainly had it's issues, but I don't think you can really compare the models kicking around now with the ADI trial gats that would've been kicking around before Gulf War 1.

And to add to that, every new system has its problems at the start (have a look at the F111 or the Raven radio for an example), that's exactly why they have trials - to find any problems and sort them out.

Glad you guys brought this thread to the top! It was great to have a re-read and spend a moment remembering how much of a **** LeMask was!

Back