Tsunami as a weapon

rocco

i was watching a documentary about how mega tsunami's are caused, basically normal tsunamis are caused by earthquakes, whereas mega tsunamis are caused by huge amounts of earth crashing at fast speeds into the ocean, causing IMMENSE waves, with the same, yet greater effect than their common counterparts...

this phenomenon apparently happens every few 1000 of years, in places, like hawaii for example, because every volcano eruption caused a mountain to grow by a layer, and if any of you have ever stakced coins, you must know that if you stack em to high they will collapse...

so basically in the documentary, they said one very likely place this could happen next is La parma, an island in the canary island off west africa... this would cause a tsunami that would ravage nortamerica from maine to miami... this could happen soon or in 100 years, but what if eneugh explosives were placed on laparma, so that a huge amount of earth would fall into the ocean, or if it were hit by a huge missle? whole east coast would be raviged...

i been thinking, america should build a huge concrete ramp at la parma facing america, and then slowly break of parts of the mountain... like a pre-emptive defence...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting................its said that the world will end through natural disasters that we will not be prepared for................

Just a though :?

Natural Disasters are not weapons. They are the Yin and Yang of nature. This is the Tao Belief and I think they are correct at their comments about nature.

It is an interesting concept. My home state of maine getting hit by a tital wave. I hope I am climbing Mt. Katahdan when it happens. To make a Tsunami, you'd need lots of energy. The only weapon that could create a Tsunami of such mass would be a nuclear bomb. Has there been a study done on the effects of detonating a nuke on the bottom of the ocean?

Yes, the United States did during the 1950's. It's a scary sight at first but the tides was pitifully small compared to Tsunamis. I can't find the source anywhere.....let me check for a few moments.

If I can't find sources, then I'm sorry.

Such mass destructive weapon disregarding civilian lives is unethical. How can you possibly come up with such an idea? Are you mad?

there was a tsunami in western coast of canada i think a while ago,
a smaller one, but caused a lot destruction

now ppl start to say that western coast may have a similiar tsunami happened in asia in the future, ppl are scared to hell

i am living in richmond, the mouth of Frasier river, although vancouver has the protection of an huge island (vancouver island) out there protect our city from those typhoons or tsunamis, but ppl still scare

Kane said:
Such mass destructive weapon disregarding civilian lives is unethical. How can you possibly come up with such an idea? Are you mad?

there are more than a few people in this world who would love to kill as many infidels as possible. To some, flying a plane into a building would be concidered mad. To others, it's a wonderful idea.

I wouldn`t like to live on an Island or near any coastal areas for a million bucks to be honest in present times. Everything points at this Tsunami thingy is going to be something more common then ppl today are talking loudly about. And Tsunami is not the only problem. Water is the problem at the moment. Outside of New Zealands coast there have been iceblocks 3 kilometres wide spotted.

When the ice is melting the water levels will rice and at the moment I am only thinking on that movie - Day after Tomorrow -. Alot of scientists are assuring ppl today that this iceblocks is no problem, and alot of the experts that they are letting out with any information "all agree" that this problem not will effect us at the earliest 2055. I dont even like the movie Day after Tomorrow but the scientists and experts over there are telling the ppl the same thing as ours are today.

I think there is a good reason for ppl to be worried and alarmed. These Tsunamis have proven to be able to change the map as we know it. I think ppl should not be in to much hurry to get in to the geography studies today. This world is going to change and I think borders will be moved and citys lost. Come on, Anyone that has followed the weather since the early 90ths can tell you the same story.

This weather is going in a total F.U.B.A.R direction to be honest, it is no secret anymore, and it is far from a ghost story or Hollywood movie production. This is the reality that this centurys ppl just have to accept and learn to live with or face the consequences of their own misstakes. Ppl has always been moving around and I think and I say - If you going to move anywhere - Look for a place with high grounds and not to many lakes or rivers. Flooding, Earthquakes and tornados, Tsunamis and Hurricanes will effect more ppl in the future if you ask me. 8)

And I think it is all a natural circle for mother earth to be honest.

If you could use Tsunami´s as a weapon of massdestruction you would have a weapon more powerful then any atom-bomb. First wave killes alot - next wave is infections and diseases - without any support from countrys around you would have total chaos and lawlessness togheter with demoralized armys and all you have to do is to wait and when the time is right, you S.T.R.I.K.E and then you just have to clean up the remains of whatever is left of that countrys forces. This is true horror if I may say so.

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

Doc.S said:
I wouldn`t like to live on an Island or near any coastal areas for a million bucks to be honest in present times. Everything points at this Tsunami thingy is going to be something more common then ppl today are talking loudly about. And Tsunami is not the only problem. Water is the problem at the moment. Outside of New Zealands coast there have been iceblocks 3 kilometres wide spotted.

When the ice is melting the water levels will rice and at the moment I am only thinking on that movie - Day after Tomorrow -. Alot of scientists are assuring ppl today that this iceblocks is no problem, and alot of the experts that they are letting out with any information "all agree" that this problem not will effect us at the earliest 2055. I dont even like the movie Day after Tomorrow but the scientists and experts over there are telling the ppl the same thing as ours are today.

I think there is a good reason for ppl to be worried and alarmed. These Tsunamis have proven to be able to change the map as we know it. I think ppl should not be in to much hurry to get in to the geography studies today. This world is going to change and I think borders will be moved and citys lost. Come on, Anyone that has followed the weather since the early 90ths can tell you the same story.

This weather is going in a total F.U.B.A.R direction to be honest, it is no secret anymore, and it is far from a ghost story or Hollywood movie production. This is the reality that this centurys ppl just have to accept and learn to live with or face the consequences of their own misstakes. Ppl has always been moving around and I think and I say - If you going to move anywhere - Look for a place with high grounds and not to many lakes or rivers. Flooding, Earthquakes and tornados, Tsunamis and Hurricanes will effect more ppl in the future if you ask me. 8)

And I think it is all a natural circle for mother earth to be honest.

If you could use Tsunami´s as a weapon of massdestruction you would have a weapon more powerful then any atom-bomb. First wave killes alot - next wave is infections and diseases - without any support from countrys around you would have total chaos and lawlessness togheter with demoralized armys and all you have to do is to wait and when the time is right, you S.T.R.I.K.E and then you just have to clean up the remains of whatever is left of that countrys forces. This is true horror if I may say so.

Cheers:
Doc.S

scientists heer have been saying some VERY desturbing things about antarctica regarding the drop in the number of Krill (bottom rung on the food change) and also the effect solar radiation is having on young.

very very worrying

That is indeed an alarming sign chewie_nz :|

Look here is a Link that are talking about the opposite thing - I dont know but I smell a big bunch of BS in this report if you ask me chewie_nz :x :)

I believe in what you are telling over here ;)

LINK:

http://www.marshall.org/article.php?id=266

Cheers:
Doc.S

Doc.S said:
That is indeed an alarming sign chewie_nz :|

Look here is a Link that are talking about the opposite thing - I dont know but I smell a big bunch of BS in this report if you ask me chewie_nz :x :)

I believe in what you are telling over here ;)

LINK:

http://www.marshall.org/article.php?id=266

Cheers:
Doc.S

well that made some interesting reading! all i know is that at the south end of the south island (where i live) it is now possible to get sun burned on a cloudy day, and that plants are getting sun burned too.

worst thing is there is nothing we can do!

I love my elevation. About 4,900 ft and WAY inland from either coast. No worries about tsunamis unless their going to kill the whole planet.

On the Canary Island thing ... how do we know which way the stack falls??

godofthunder9010 said:
I love my elevation. About 4,900 ft and WAY inland from either coast. No worries about tsunamis unless their going to kill the whole planet.

On the Canary Island thing ... how do we know which way the stack falls??

nah....from my place i would get a good view....high enough and far enough away from the beach....but i could still watch.

which reminds me, last time there wasa tsunami warning here, some teachers took their classes down to the beach to watch *natural selection there folks!*

wave didn't happen though

That sounds like a living nightmare to me chewie_nz I would not go outdoors without my cap thats for sure. :|

I dont know to much about the canary Islands, but you dont have to be an expert to see what these Islands are facing if there should be a change in the sea currents thats for sure. I think Indonesia have teached us an Important lesson if you ask me. :|

LINK:

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/canary.htm

Cheers:
Doc.S

every heard the zhirinovsky speech? *russian ldeader, who im sure is racist, and was very drunk at the time of the speech*

this was before gulf war, he is drunk, saying "george, lets not atack iraq, attack australia, or tiblisi (georgia, south of russia)
he also mention something about being able to melt the poles, or change the axis of the earth and put US underwater... this may be some drunk lunatic, but there may be some truth to it...

attack australia, man he must have been off his rocker.
i want to know what he had that made him drunk, i want some lol

Back