TSgt.Pereau reporting in

TSgt.Pereau

well i'm currently not in the military but i will be when i'm able to join, i'm in my schools air force junior rotc program, this will be my thrid year in it, i'm proud to say that i'm the rifle team co-commander, and on staff, personal director. my rank is tech sergeant (E-6), i have 15 ribbons including my national award (military excellence bronze) and i am currently on my schools armed drill team. my real name is matt, i live in vero beach florida, i'll be going into the 11th grade and i'm 16.

welcome matt!!! i was a pickle in high school (army jrotc) and next year i'll be in army rotc in college. are you planning on enlisting in the AF or going to college??

well i'm not interested in joining the air force, when i graduate high school i want to join the army, i want to be a linguist, also i want to join the army rangers "green beret", the bad asses of all the special forces, well in my opinion. :rambo:

TSgt.Pereau said:
well i'm not interested in joining the air force, when i graduate high school i want to join the army, i want to be a linguist, also i want to join the army rangers "green beret", the bad asses of all the special forces, well in my opinion. :rambo:

Welcome.

There is no such thing as "Army Rangers Green Beret." Army Rangers and Special Forces are two different animals. More research is needed before you sign that dotted line. Good luck.

Rndersafe has a good point definetly learn everything you can possibly learn before you put your John Hancock on the line becaue once it is there, there is no taking it back, no reset button. But nevertheless just educate yourself so you can be wise about the decision you make.

i used "green beret" because some people don't know that the army rangers is the same as the green beret so excuse me. ok, research before i sign the dotted line...

Entrance Information for Rangers

To become a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment you must begin with the nine weeks of Basic Training. Upon completion of Basic Training you will then attend Advanced Individual Training to obtain a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). This training varies in length depending on the selected MOS. Next you must complete Airborne training. Upon graduation of Airborne School you will be assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment to attend the Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP).

If you pass each of the required training schools and RIP, you will receive an assignment to either the 75th Ranger Regiment Headquarters or one of the three Ranger Battalions.

sounds fun, sign me up!

Welcome TSgt.

I'm following a similar path to yours, AFJROTC, then to active duty, but I'm going Marine Corps. Stick to it and you can achieve your goal.

proud to say that i'm the rifle team co-commander

wouldn't that be also known as Colorguard Asst. Commander?

no, what i'm talking about it a flight, drill team, what ever you want to call it marches with rifles. color guard rifle commandes are diffrent but the moves are the same, i'll list the commands for rifle team regulation and color guard rifle regulation

color guard: rifle team:
carry colors: right sholder arms
present arms: present arms "same"
order arms: right sholder arms
order colors: order arms
sling arms: left shoulder arms "rifle team only i think"
un-sling arms: queen anne arms "rifle team only i think"

color guard and a armed drill team is much diffrent, just picture a drill team with rifles in their arms marching around, thats us.

TSgt.Pereau said:
i used "green beret" because some people don't know that the army rangers is the same as the green beret so excuse me. ok, research before i sign the dotted line...

Incorrect. "Green berets" as civilians, Hollywood types and the media like to call them, are part of Army Special Forces. In other words, they are Special Forces operators. Army Rangers, also known as Airborne Rangers do not wear the green beret, they were the tan (formerly the black) beret. There are two different special operations units with completely different missions.

Entrance Information for Rangers
To become a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment you must begin with the nine weeks of Basic Training. Upon completion of Basic Training you will then attend Advanced Individual Training to obtain a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). This training varies in length depending on the selected MOS. Next you must complete Airborne training. Upon graduation of Airborne School you will be assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment to attend the Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP).

If you pass each of the required training schools and RIP, you will receive an assignment to either the 75th Ranger Regiment Headquarters or one of the three Ranger Battalions. sounds fun, sign me up!

RIP is anything but fun, of that, I can assure you.

TSgt.Pereau welcome to the forum. I tell you, that you came across RnderSafe is just about the best luck you could ask for. He simply knows it all. :shock: ( no kidding )

the green beret and the army rangers are the same,i just read the fricken army special forces pamflet,
"the army rangers commonly refered as the green beret", their the same, and as for RIP, with all the training you get and all the tactices ect i don't think you'd die that easly, what you think were just gonna walk around casualy waiting around to get blown up or shot, i don't think so, i think your underestamating them alittle.

TSgt.Pereau said:
the green beret and the army rangers are the same,i just read the fricken army special forces pamflet,
"the army rangers commonly refered as the green beret", their the same,

You are quite lucky I am in a patient mood today, young man.

Before I delve into your ignorance, I am going to give you two suggestions.
#1: Post less until you've actually done some research on the units you are attempting to discuss
#2: Adjust your attitude and I mean quickly or you will not enjoy your stay on this forum.

There are a few current and former members of the US Army Rangers as well as Army Special Forces on this forum, myself included. What you read in a book, and one you obviously misread, or one that should be pulled from the shelves for having absolutely no facts, does not give you any insight nor foreknowledge into either the Ranger Regiment nor Special Forces.

and as for RIP, with all the training you get and all the tactices ect i don't think you'd die that easly, what you think were just gonna walk around casualy waiting around to get blown up or shot, i don't think so, i think your underestamating them alittle

Who is this "we're" you've referred to? You have not graduated RIP, you are not even in the military and it is clear, you have absolutely no concept as to the purpose and intent of the Ranger Indoctrination Program.

Before you post again, rethink your attitude and do a little research. This is not a request. You'll find the members on this forum very helpful in answering questions and you have the potential to tap into a lot of minds of people that have already been where you are only dreaming to go. Do not screw up the opportunity to get first hand knowledge answers to any questions you may have because you are too busy being a "know-it-all."

Have a very happy day.

i'm not the one having an attitude, you are no offence, i'll even scan the dang thing for you to read. anyways if your saying the green beret and the army rangers are two diffrent special forces than what one would you say is more elite?

TSgt.Pereau said:
i'm not the one having an attitude, you are no offence, i'll even scan the dang thing for you to read. anyways if your saying the green beret and the army rangers are two diffrent special forces than what one would you say is more elite?

This is strike two, one more and you are seriously endangering your ability to remain on this forum. I suggest you put more forethought into your next post.

Forum Rules

Read the forum rules, at the bottom you will notice that no "Who's best," "Who's More Elite" posts are allowed. Only those members that have served within Special Operations Units would have the experience and knowledge to answer such question, and they won't, since each unit has different missions and purposes. One does not attempt to compare apples and oranges.

Who's Who In US SOF (Special Operations Forces)

You may also want to take a look at this thread, it may get you started on the research you need to do.

TSgt.Pereau you are most welcome to the forum as long as you follow the rules...

I would advice you to follow RnderSafes advice, I can assure you that he knows what he's talking about..

Note to Rnder: I made the "Who's who..." post sticky now, so it should be easier to find...

Back