TSgt.Pereau reporting in

--

July 7th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau

Topic: TSgt.Pereau reporting in

well i'm currently not in the military but i will be when i'm able to join, i'm in my schools air force junior rotc program, this will be my thrid year in it, i'm proud to say that i'm the rifle team co-commander, and on staff, personal director. my rank is tech sergeant (E-6), i have 15 ribbons including my national award (military excellence bronze) and i am currently on my schools armed drill team. my real name is matt, i live in vero beach florida, i'll be going into the 11th grade and i'm 16.
July 7th, 2004  
thebrahmagr81

Sounds like you have had a great start to your career, welcome and enjoy your stay
July 7th, 2004  
juliet_oscar_india

welcome matt!!! i was a pickle in high school (army jrotc) and next year i'll be in army rotc in college. are you planning on enlisting in the AF or going to college??
--
July 7th, 2004  
Darkmb101

welcome to the forum, dude
July 7th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau

well i'm not interested in joining the air force, when i graduate high school i want to join the army, i want to be a linguist, also i want to join the army rangers "green beret", the bad asses of all the special forces, well in my opinion.
July 7th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Pereau
well i'm not interested in joining the air force, when i graduate high school i want to join the army, i want to be a linguist, also i want to join the army rangers "green beret", the bad asses of all the special forces, well in my opinion.
Welcome.

There is no such thing as "Army Rangers Green Beret." Army Rangers and Special Forces are two different animals. More research is needed before you sign that dotted line. Good luck.
July 7th, 2004  
thebrahmagr81

Rndersafe has a good point definetly learn everything you can possibly learn before you put your John Hancock on the line becaue once it is there, there is no taking it back, no reset button. But nevertheless just educate yourself so you can be wise about the decision you make.
July 7th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau

i used "green beret" because some people don't know that the army rangers is the same as the green beret so excuse me. ok, research before i sign the dotted line...

Entrance Information for Rangers

To become a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment you must begin with the nine weeks of Basic Training. Upon completion of Basic Training you will then attend Advanced Individual Training to obtain a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). This training varies in length depending on the selected MOS. Next you must complete Airborne training. Upon graduation of Airborne School you will be assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment to attend the Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP).

If you pass each of the required training schools and RIP, you will receive an assignment to either the 75th Ranger Regiment Headquarters or one of the three Ranger Battalions.

sounds fun, sign me up!
July 7th, 2004  
Damien

Welcome TSgt.

I'm following a similar path to yours, AFJROTC, then to active duty, but I'm going Marine Corps. Stick to it and you can achieve your goal.

Quote:
proud to say that i'm the rifle team co-commander
wouldn't that be also known as Colorguard Asst. Commander?
July 7th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau

no, what i'm talking about it a flight, drill team, what ever you want to call it marches with rifles. color guard rifle commandes are diffrent but the moves are the same, i'll list the commands for rifle team regulation and color guard rifle regulation

color guard: rifle team:
carry colors: right sholder arms
present arms: present arms "same"
order arms: right sholder arms
order colors: order arms
sling arms: left shoulder arms "rifle team only i think"
un-sling arms: queen anne arms "rifle team only i think"

color guard and a armed drill team is much diffrent, just picture a drill team with rifles in their arms marching around, thats us.