TSgt.Pereau reporting in - Page 3




 
--
 
July 9th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau
 
i wasn't compareing the two as who's better, just your opinion ,ok just tell me what one would be harder to get into then please, me and my freind, were bolth going to be room mates when we are in the 12th grade, then when we graduate from school we want to be a linguist for a while because that will help us getting in special forces because we already know multiple languages then go into the green beret, that's always been our dream so i will try my dam hardest to acomplish that. i'm sorry if i offended you in anyway.

EDIT: i put in my avatr info and my pic isn't coming up
July 9th, 2004  
RnderSafe
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Pereau
i wasn't compareing the two as who's better, just your opinion ,ok just tell me what one would be harder to get into then please, me and my freind, were bolth going to be room mates when we are in the 12th grade, then when we graduate from school we want to be a linguist for a while because that will help us getting in special forces because we already know multiple languages then go into the green beret, that's always been our dream so i will try my dam hardest to acomplish that. i'm sorry if i offended you in anyway.
Much better response. Read the link in the my previous post that states "Who's Who In US SOF."

If you are curious as to what the pipeline for Special Forces is like, try this link. http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=1081
July 9th, 2004  
Redleg
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Pereau
EDIT: i put in my avatr info and my pic isn't coming up
Read this, especially the part about "Forum special effects"
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...opic.php?t=358

Please PM me or post in the questions forum if you have any other questions/problems.
--
July 11th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau
 
well my mom's boyfriend has a friend that was in the armys lurp, i've never heard of them till about a week ago, also i was told that the green beret isn't just the army, i think that might be wrong and aslo, that the delta force isn't the air force, it's a combination between all the special forces, so many people telling me all this weird stuff, i don't know who to belive. thanks for the help guys.
July 11th, 2004  
RnderSafe
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Pereau
well my mom's boyfriend has a friend that was in the armys lurp, i've never heard of them till about a week ago, also i was told that the green beret isn't just the army, i think that might be wrong and aslo, that the delta force isn't the air force, it's a combination between all the special forces, so many people telling me all this weird stuff, i don't know who to belive. thanks for the help guys.
LRRP, phonetically known as Lurp(s) no longer exist and haven't for awhile. The Army and National Guard have units similar in fuction called LRS now, but they aren't exactly the same as the LRRP units of yesterday.

"Green Beret" is the civilian, Hollywood, media etc term for a US Army Special Forces soldier. Once a soldier has graduated from the Special Forces Qualification Course, he earns a green beret, hence the inapproriate nickname.

As for SFOD-D, or "Delta Force." This is an Army asset that falls under USASOC. I would not place value into much of what people say concerning this detatchment. Those that actually do know, will not be giving out much information, and those that don't will only give you the wrong information. If you want to know, enlist, work hard and find out.

(Go to www.google.com to look the acronyms up if you don't know what they are, it will give you good reading)

Hope this clears things up for you a bit.
July 12th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau
 
yeah, thanks, i'm not sure if you answered this or not but what would be harder to get into, green beret or army rangers? what ever one will R.I.P me quicker lol j/k. i'd rather die fighting for my country in the green beret than being killed not serving my country.
July 12th, 2004  
RnderSafe
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Pereau
yeah, thanks, i'm not sure if you answered this or not but what would be harder to get into, green beret or army rangers? what ever one will R.I.P me quicker lol j/k. i'd rather die fighting for my country in the green beret than being killed not serving my country.
Firstly, forget the term "Green Beret." It's a hat, nothing more.

Secondly, both SF and the Ranger Regt. offer their challenges. Read the links I've posted for you, notice the difference in missions/purpose. Decide which appeals to you most. The Army offers contracts for an attempt to join both SF and the Ranger Regt. right off of the street.
July 13th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau
 
lately i've been thinking about joining the delta force, i was just told yesterday that the delta force is the army, i'm gonna wack this guy thats telling me all this stuff with my 1903, springfeild parade rifle replica. thats what my schools armed drill team used to use way back then in 1963-2002, that when our rotc started 1963, its old. alright, i have a question, whats the correct name for the green beret again? i was looking at the rangers and it said that their a 12 man team if you were in it, i'm looking for something like a 5 man team, 12 people is just to much, someones bound to blow our cover in my opinion, it's like a flight walking around, to noticable. now maybe a 5 man team, we'd be ready to kill'em all
July 13th, 2004  
RnderSafe
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Pereau
lately i've been thinking about joining the delta force, i was just told yesterday that the delta force is the army, i'm gonna wack this guy thats telling me all this stuff with my 1903, springfeild parade rifle replica. thats what my schools armed drill team used to use way back then in 1963-2002, that when our rotc started 1963, its old. alright, i have a question, whats the correct name for the green beret again? i was looking at the rangers and it said that their a 12 man team if you were in it, i'm looking for something like a 5 man team, 12 people is just to much, someones bound to blow our cover in my opinion, it's like a flight walking around, to noticable. now maybe a 5 man team, we'd be ready to kill'em all
Post less, read more. This is not a suggestion.
July 13th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau
 
sorry, somtimes i get to out of hand thinking about that stuff.