TSA stops marines in dress blues transporting body

PJ24 said:
lol What a silly statement. The TSA has nothing in common with the US military fighting the GWOT.

LOL What a load of bull. Did someone feed that to you or did you make it up on your own?

Way to insult those of us that have gone down range to support and serve our country.

You support the ineptness of the TSA, I'll continue to press the US government to actually get an effective security agency to manage airport security.

That's the kind of stovepiped rice bowl thinking that has allowed the bad guys to exploit our open society. The DHS and TSA are critical partners. Not perfect partners but critical partners. As are Customs, Border Patrol, Cost Guard, local law enforcement and everyone else standing between us an the bad guys. The uniformed services have a set of authorities and responsibilities that are, by design, very different from those of the DHS. That is why the uniformed services have no law enforcement authority. Separation of powers means we have to depend on civilian agencies to provide law enforcement authority to protect the homeland. The national guard personnel you see at transportation facilities are window dressing. They have no authority; in many cases they aren't even allowed to carry loaded weapons.

Like it or not, LOL or not, those people in the white TSA shirts, are critical partners. Insulting them and disparaging their contribution is counterproductive.

Anyone know of anything they have found of any import? Nail clippers and scissors included. :) Hehehe

G Connor said:
That's the kind of stovepiped rice bowl thinking that has allowed the bad guys to exploit our open society. The DHS and TSA are critical partners. Not perfect partners but critical partners. As are Customs, Border Patrol, Cost Guard, local law enforcement and everyone else standing between us an the bad guys. The uniformed services have a set of authorities and responsibilities that are, by design, very different from those of the DHS. That is why the uniformed services have no law enforcement authority. Separation of powers means we have to depend on civilian agencies to provide law enforcement authority to protect the homeland. The national guard personnel you see at transportation facilities are window dressing. They have no authority; in many cases they aren't even allowed to carry loaded weapons.

Like it or not, LOL or not, those people in the white TSA shirts, are critical partners. Insulting them and disparaging their contribution is counterproductive.

Your attitude is exactly the same attitude that allowed three planes to slam into US buildings and kill thousands.

Stick your head in the sand and pretend that those white shirts and little patriotic patches on their arm proves they're capable of doing the job they're charged with.

Of course, continue to ignore their tract record, lack of standards and training, also go ahead and ignore that their leadership has very little security experience.

Then I want you to continue to make ignorant comparisons of the military and an airport security agency.

Yes, don't bother to educate yourself about their flaws and failures, don't even worry about the caliber of people they hire. As long as they are there you can happily stick your head in the sand. And then when others, not like you, are unwilling to find this group an acceptable security and protective measure, you can tell them their arguments are "rice bowlish" all so your ego can feel just a little bit better.

Like it or not, they are an ineffective body charged with a very serious job. Being nice and squishy just doesn't cut it when it comes to national security, neither does kissing a**. You go right ahead and pucker up to the TSA, but like I said, I will continue to argue for a more effective agency with better leadership, training and standards.

PJ24 said:
I will continue to argue for a more effective agency with better leadership, training and standards.

So is that a third vote to let the National Guard handle airport security?

EDIT: I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since this topic is relevant to a new one I have created I would like to post a link here.

Link

Last edited:
The other bit of Australian airport security that made me laugh was that I was carrying my webbing as my carry on luggage. I had my slouch hat in hand and my Army ID card.... and they asked if they could randomly test my carry on for explosive traces and residue. Well what do you think happens if you test a soldiers webbing for trace elements of explosives. The test goes haywire. I thought it was hillarious, the security women didn't though. I had to explain just how much exposure my gear gets, and they X-Rayed it again and pulled it apart to make sure.

Ahhhh....

I just came back from a hunting trip in Argentina. And you have to go through one of those sniffer machines. The ones that sample the air for explosives or gun powder.

Well, I just finished shooting over 2,500 round of the dirtiest shotgun ammo in the world. My lothing was covered in gun powder, my hair, and my body.
I though that the machine would go on lock down and I would be searched by MDPD Bomb Squad. Well, nothing happened.

And what makes me afraid of that is the simple fact that If I had un brunt gun powder on my skin, clothing, and hair and it didn't pick it up. What the hell does that machine pick up.

Gun Powder is a common explsoive material used to make bombs.

The TSA is a joke, replace it with Local LEOs and National Guard troops.

Back