The truth about Harry Potter

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
l_84eb89e8e55115c2fb476c3870aa7c75.jpg

I always had a damn feeling that Harry Potter was nothing but a rip off of Starwars!

haha haha, oh so funny...yet a person who reads Harry Potter realizes that the other books go so much deeper than that

an not only does Harry make friends with Ron and Hermione, Ron and Hermione end up falling for each other. just like Han and Leia

Many stories have a lot of things in common. Even ancient ones though I can't remember the examples because it's been too long since I've been to school.

Supposedly there are only 7 truly original story templates. In saying that I was never a fan of Harry Potter because it was so obvious a rip-off, not just of Star Wars but LOTR as well.

Anyone notice that of the "classics" (as Potter will undoubtedly and possibly undeservedly earn that title) of the twentieth century deal with deep themes and intricate human emotions, while the plot of Harry Potter is pretty basic?

I mean, "All Quiet On The Western Front", James Fenimore Cooper's works, etc. etc., all of these have REAL underlying themes and ideas. With Harry Potter, it's just a simple good vs. evil thing.

I agree on that, but Star Wars is just a rip off of Dune with elements of Watership Down and the Odessy. Kind of hard to find someting original these days

l_84eb89e8e55115c2fb476c3870aa7c75.jpg

I always had a damn feeling that Harry Potter was nothing but a rip off of Starwars!

The movie "Witches" starring Angelica Huston as the high "bad" witch priestess. Also had Jane Horrock (from "Absolutely Fabulous" ...character "Bubble" fame) as her lackey. Head witch and followers had a special potion that turned children into mice. It reminded me so much of Harry Potter. English film...made long before Potter. Cute film for a rainy day if you're in the mood for something light. Spoiler alert...all's good in the end.

Back