Truly amazing feat of archaeology

Interesting.

What I am really wondering about: Why woud anybody go and open "what looked like an ordinary rock" in the first place? Is it because they are Brits? :)

Rattler

Yeah that is the funny part. Ohhh a rock. Let's open it.
I suppose they were looking for this stuff and found a rock they didn't have high hopes for until they opened it up.

Mike, it doesn't matter because Creationists don't believe in evidence. That's just the Devil playing tricks to confuse us.

Those people who believe in all that devil stuff and all really scare me. i tought our western sociaty was passed that stage. I would expect something like that from say Islamic extrimist cause they just dont know better. Like that school were the parents complained about those evolution theorie T-shirts, i mean WTF is the general population getting dumber? I fear for our future if this happens more and more.

It is an interesting find.

Warning: Please keep discussions and comments about others' religious beliefs out of this thread.

lol yeah ;)

@ Dtop is was not attacking anyones belief. I am roman-Catolic, but i still also believe in evolution, even the vatican has commentent postive on darwins theorie of evolution. ;)

You guys are mistaken. It is not archaeology, but paleontology. Archaeology is the study of human past, and paleontology is the study of dinosaurs.

And 150,000,000 years ago is early Cretaceous/late Jurassic. They said 155 million years, and Cretaceous is 65 million to 144 million. It depends on the formation they got the squid from. I would say, according to the age, age equivalent to the Morrison formation.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/mesozoic/jurassic/jurassintro.html

I have had to deal with nay sayers and bah-humbuggers about the evolution v. creation bit, and I stand by my belief 100%- keep them separate. Because if you take religion into all other forms of science, not just geology or paleontology, religion is shot down each and every time. Same with physics and medical sciences.

Religion is here and now, yes. But it started way way back in a time when science had no foundation or reasoning. They simply cannot explain one another (OTOH psychiatry does a very good job trying!).

Last edited:
Back