The true history of Taiwan. - Page 7

--
Boots

November 30th, 2004  
Zyca

It's all about the PRC. They should rule the world.
November 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
My point is exactly this, we can handle stuff on our own even when PRC is pulling our legs, so why wouldn't we think that we are independent? Why wouldn't we WANT to be independent? We are already independent, we just don't have the recognition. Why? Because China's got the fist. Anyone disagrees will get a punch in the face. Do you truly think that anyone CARES about one-China if not to please China?
Well, that nails the point I've been trying to make all along. Beijing and Taipei can both claim they have rulership of both the mainland and the island of Taiwan till they are blue in the face, but both perspectives deny reality. The fact of the matter is, since 1948, the governing and rulership of Taiwan has had absolutely nothing to do with the PRC. The governing and rulership of the the mainland and Hainan has had abosolutely nothing to do with the ROC nor Taiwan. The two lands have been doing their own things for about 60 years. I've been told that I need to wake up and accept reality, yet that's a reality that nobody arguing in the PRC's favor has actually owned up to. The PRC has never controlled Taiwan ... EVER. Those facts are true. The endless list that the PRC responds with to justify their claim are simply to make their people go along with a hostile takeover of a land that has been, for all intents and purposes, an independent nation for about 60 years.

Now is Taiwanese Independence a good idea? No, of course not. Its a really stupid idea because you have an enormous military that the PRC has 100% guaranteed use to invade the moment Taiwan tries to declare independence for itself. Right or wrong doesn't enter into that. That's just bowing to overwhelming superior force. Overwhelming force doesn't really make a thing right or wrong.
November 30th, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Now is Taiwanese Independence a good idea? No, of course not. Its a really stupid idea because you have an enormous military that the PRC has 100% guaranteed use to invade the moment Taiwan tries to declare independence for itself. Right or wrong doesn't enter into that. That's just bowing to overwhelming superior force. Overwhelming force doesn't really make a thing right or wrong.
I think TI is great. When under no threats, most of the Taiwanese want TI, and the number supporting TI will only grow in the future. But I won't put my bet on winning the war against a far stronger military power. China's military superiority will only grow and the distance between China's power and Taiwan's will only increase, Taiwan will not be able to reverse that trend no matter how much money is spent buying US equipments.

I come in with the realization that China will invade Taiwan and conquer Taiwan and make it part of its own. What I cannot agree is that a lot of the Chinese in mainland seem to believe that they can have a pie and eat it. Do not glorify the motive, justify the threats, or disrespect the idea of TI. We do not welcome invaders and we do not think our lives will be better when we become part of China, that myth should be clarified now. With that said, flex your muscle, knock out the kid, take away his candy. But don't say you had the rights to the candy all along, because it never entered your pocket until you robbed it.
--
Boots
December 1st, 2004  
MadeInChina

ya, independence = war, thats 100% now since ive seen the news in which china now has a more agressive stance

um, zyca, which do u agree with, blue or green? nationlist or wuteverthehellitis, 1 china or taiwanese independence?
December 1st, 2004  
ironface

ha,it is interesting for a non-chinese to know so many chinese history
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
I believe Taiwanese have kept their Chinese traditions and values better than China.

why? ever since the Cultural Revolution which lasted 10 years, China has been baptised with doctrines that declare itself a NEW China.. a China that does not treasure its ancient traditions anymore.

Educated people, writers, singers.. many more, were tortured, some tortured to death during the crazy 10 years of cultural revolution which was started by Mao in the '60s. It was to consolidate his power.

so China lost its traditions first through communism, then through the cultural revolution.
December 1st, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
ya, independence = war, thats 100% now since ive seen the news in which china now has a more agressive stance

um, zyca, which do u agree with, blue or green? nationlist or wuteverthehellitis, 1 china or taiwanese independence?
I am not pan green, but I find myself in agreements with their approach most of the time. I also like some blue folks (Mayor Ma for example), but I consider myself neutral leaning on the green side. It all depends on who does more for the people.

I am in support of TI, I know not at what price though. People's lives in Taiwan are not bad at all right now, and to push people to the edge of war for TI right now seems foolish. So I am like most of the Taiwanese now, I want TI, but I fear the cost.
December 1st, 2004  
ironface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88

I am not pan green, but I find myself in agreements with their approach most of the time. I also like some blue folks (Mayor Ma for example), but I consider myself neutral leaning on the green side. It all depends on who does more for the people.

I am in support of TI, I know not at what price though. People's lives in Taiwan are not bad at all right now, and to push people to the edge of war for TI right now seems foolish. So I am like most of the Taiwanese now, I want TI, but I fear the cost.
what kind of benifits you can get from TI????
if our mainlands close all the finanical relation with taiwan,what
taiwan will be?
December 1st, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
what kind of benifits you can get from TI????
if our mainlands close all the finanical relation with taiwan,what
taiwan will be?
TI is only a formality. Taiwan is already independent, TI only gives the action its deserved recognition. We want to keep doing what we do, TI benefits us by ensuring things stay that way. Without China's threats, Taiwan's political structure could've become much more efficient. Why would we include rules for Mongolia in our constitution anyway?

Look at it from another perspective, what happens if China breaks the financial relationship with any country? Businesses only happen when both parties benefit. China values the overseas industries because it benefits from them too. Cutting the tie will harm China and Taiwan alike. And lastly, Taiwan will survive with or without China. Taiwanese merchants have never had the level of activity with the mainland until recently, and Taiwan did fine.
December 1st, 2004  
Zyca

My avatar showing yet?

Mod Edit: Off-topic. we have a questions forum, go there and read about avatars.
December 1st, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Zyca:

CSB = Chen ShuiBian.

Do you think Taiwan will get recognition from other countries (I mean most countries, ALL major countries) even if Taiwan declared independence?

Or put it simple, will USA recognize it?