The true history of Taiwan. - Page 4

--
Boots

October 1st, 2004  
Boobies

Topic: Hmmm...

FlyingFrog, I know you are patriot. And I appreciate your love for our mother land. however, you don't need to call all Taiwanese only good for BSing. I still respect them as human that some have different view. it just happens that Formosan posted without backings and left it.

By be little the Taiwanese, you only stir up distaste in other people's perspective towards understanding of Chinese people and China. No need to be a bully. It is good to just treat everyone equal (as human being), peace comes with sharing and understanding.
October 1st, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Topic: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
FlyingFrog, I know you are patriot. And I appreciate your love for our mother land. however, you don't need to call all Taiwanese only good for BSing. I still respect them as human that some have different view. it just happens that Formosan posted without backings and left it.

By be little the Taiwanese, you only stir up distaste in other people's perspective towards understanding of Chinese people and China. No need to be a bully. It is good to just treat everyone equal (as human being), peace comes with sharing and understanding.
Boobies, sure you said it very well. Yes we should treat all people same (at the beginning).

But, when you know who is your enemy, the true enemy, it's better to show no mercy, simply finish him. To be honest, kindness should only be given to kind people, never to the unkind ones, like the types of CSB.
October 1st, 2004  
postfixreload

I think Bobbie is right. I have equal amount of relatives in both places. A war is the last thing I want to see.
--
Boots
October 2nd, 2004  
Boobies

Topic: Ah...

but Taiwanese are not our enemies, the moment you point finger at the other side, others will point fingers back at you, or even flip you off.

My understandings and hopes are for peaceful resolutions, like East and West Germanies. from some readings, even SK and NK people are willing to reunify (but hold different on ruling parties).

I think TW and Mainland China need to work something out with this claiming independence and shooting missiles.

To declare independence, TW government needs to evaluate opinions of the publics. for now, it is vastly divided. If opinions are divided , why should TW government still yelling about independence? I don't see any respect towards its people from the side of TW government.

I think TW government is getting rhetorical to get other countries to help with Independence (the U.S.). However, outcries and protests of other half of its population are being ignored. Isn't the democratic government represent the will of its people not just of its interest and agenda?
October 2nd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I think that what I've learned on the whole Taiwan affair is as follows:
1.) Its one of the most volatile situations in the world and has great potential to lead to a very terrible war.
2.) China is not going to cease claiming that Taiwan is a part of them and a sizable portion of Taiwanese are just as determined that they are a part of China. The indigenous population and their historical identity of being their own nation dies on the alter of the greater good. Independence isn't an option.
3.) Taiwan is POTENITALLY willing to truly reunite, but is skeptical of how they will be treated and have little to gain by rejoining. If Mainland China can consistently demonstrate that Taiwan has nothing to fear, its possible we might see a peaceful reunification. If this avenue is to be pursued, China needs to drastically tone down its percievable threat of invasion before they are going to set any minds at ease.
4.) For number 3 to work, China also needs to become more free and have less human rights abuses. Nobody wants to jump in bed with a totalitarianist/police state regime. China has made significant progress in this area, so they are on the right track IMO.
October 2nd, 2004  
Boobies

Topic: ThunderGOOD

bro...you summed it good, really good.

And bro...I do appreciate you pointing out the Taiwanese identity issue. I aggree with where you taking us. Very good learning process. Mainland China and Taiwanese approached the identity of being Chinese from different angels. You made me to do some research on the net about it. I am lazy...but...why you made me do that................................
October 4th, 2004  
Ezechiel

I can tell u 80% of the Taiwanese nowadays r originate from China mainland.

China's right over Taiwan has been historically proven. In 19th century, China lost the the Jia-Wu war to Japanese imperialist. As the result, Taiwan was given by Qing-goverment to Japanese and it became the Japanese colonise.

For even earlier period, the Qing-Ming dynasty period. The Ming dynasty nationalist could not accept the conquer of Manchurian over China(Who later built Qing Dynasty). The nationalist leader -- Zhang Cheng Gong, lead the Nationalist army to revolt,but fail, and they retreat to Taiwan and taking Taiwan as their base.

After Sino-Japan war/ WW II, Japanese lost the war, after 50 years colonising Taiwan. Japanese given back Taiwan to the China GuoMingdang government. It means that since 1945 China have got back Taiwan as their territory again. Things don't go too well. 1945-1949, the China civil war, GuoMingdang lost the war. And Chiang Khai Sik retreat to Taiwan. And now Taiwan remain as a Democratic country.

Above 3 stories shows that Taiwan r under the territory of China. Ofcoz, there r Taiwan aborogins leaving in there. But The Taiwan government nowadays, did not like the Taiwan aborogins. That's why if u r living in the Chinese world, u alwayz heard of racial separating problem by President Cheng Shui Bien.

Thought about the ancestors of the Taiwan ppl. I wanna ask -- Who bring the democratic system to Taiwan? Who rule the Taiwan politic for so many years? Refering first questions -- Guomingdang from China,second questions -- They r Chinese whose ancestor come from China.

The prove that I say that those ppl who rule the Taiwan politic until now r orginate from China is that their local language, or call the Taiwanese/Taiwan language. Actually the Taiwan language r the same Hokkiean/Fujian local language. Why am I so sure of this? Becoz my grandad were Hokkiean ppl who immigrant from China to Malaysia. Me myself even know how to speak this Taiwanese language.

Don't use the "Taiwan aborogins" as an excuse, becoz the Taiwan aborogins do not have the chance to involve theirselves in the political field even. Most of them still remain leaving in the forest ot villages. Don't think I do not know!

What makes the Taiwan-China problem so complicated? It's becoz of the difference of political systems. Somehow many Taiwan-independent Champaigners find many excuse to supposrt their Taiwan-independent theory. If they say they r not Chinese,they r Taiwanese, why do they remain speaking the Chinese local language and mandarin?why do they study China ancient history at school?why do they use Chinese word?Why does it historically Taiwan were taken as the territory of China? Answer it
October 4th, 2004  
whosewar2000

one thing is certain:

Anybody challenging the TW issue with China, he is challenging 99% of Chinese around the world no matter where he is.

So, please be preparing of that when any country want to be involved in this
October 4th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Ezechiel, the underlying problem I'm seeing here is that Formosan posted what he did at the start of this topic, and then he never posted again. He never stated his sources and never defenended his statements.

I'm one person who doesn't feel that just because the Qing Dynasty controlled a thing, that it is irrevocably a part of China. Mongolia and Tibet were always culturally distict from China, but Taiwan was far more influenced. If Formosan's information was valid then we would need to reconsider some things. Unfortunately, he didn't stick around.

Welcome to the forums BTW.
October 4th, 2004  
A Can of Man

You're very much a "people rise up!" kind of person aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosewar2000
one thing is certain:

Anybody challenging the TW issue with China, he is challenging 99% of Chinese around the world no matter where he is.

So, please be preparing of that when any country want to be involved in this