The true history of Taiwan. - Page 14

--
Boots

December 9th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
Nope. When I was going through school, the USSR was still the USA's #1 concern and China was our ally if anything. I've done my own reasearch on the subject because, quite frankly, the USA's history classes barely acknowledge any part of Chinese history. You come out of American high school and colleges completely clueless about East Asia unless you make a point of seeking it out. I had never heard of the anything outside of the Chinese invasion of the Korean Peninsula and that even got pretty lousy coverage. I was vaguely aware that China was our ally in World War II.
Put Latin American History, African History, south east Asia as well. I think most college's, High School's History class 101 doesn't cover a suffecient amount of material on these parts in the world. Frankly to say, European history is covered the most....as well as Nazis Germany and Hitler. What a shame.
December 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, its all too commonplace in most nations. For instance, how familiar do Chinese schools make you with the foundation of India, the breakoff of Pakistan and Bangladesh gaining their independence from Pakistan?

Not covered in US schools decently BTW.
December 9th, 2004  
HEHEHAHA

I 'm from HK, now in Sydney. I think Taiwan got no choice but reunite the Chinese Government is exerting its economic power to isolate Taiwan, like excluding Taiwan in FTA with Asean By the way, Taiwan is part of China, not communist party, so I support one China policy, I love the country, not the party..I can't say Tawian is a country because I hate Communist party...sorry for my poor English.In Hk, 40% people voted for pro-Beijing parties and 80% support one-China policy and hate Taiwan president/leader.
--
Boots
December 10th, 2004  
ironface

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEHEHAHA
I 'm from HK, now in Sydney. I think Taiwan got no choice but reunite the Chinese Government is exerting its economic power to isolate Taiwan, like excluding Taiwan in FTA with Asean By the way, Taiwan is part of China, not communist party, so I support one China policy, I love the country, not the party..I can't say Tawian is a country because I hate Communist party...sorry for my poor English.In Hk, 40% people voted for pro-Beijing parties and 80% support one-China policy and hate Taiwan president/leader.
yeah,chinese should be together,and communist maybe bad,
one -china policy is right!
December 10th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEHEHAHA
yeah,chinese should be together,and communist maybe bad,
one -china policy is right!
Its the best thing possible under current circumstances. No question about that.
December 10th, 2004  
MadeInChina

yfes, communist is bad cuz it doesnt work in our world. however, the chiense government, though claiming it is following the communist road, is definetly sidetracking into the expressway of capitalist exploits.

thereby the only way to claim the chiense government is to say it is semi-democratic strong-hand ruled government.

semi-democratic as in that members are mostly selected by a group of important people
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

3.) China attacked Russia in 1969. Once again, it was China that attacked.
4.) China Vietnam in 1980. Yet again, China strikes first and was the aggressor.

therew is a ****er who is bashing china..
china didn't start war with SOviets, they invaded us. we still got a tank in our measum captured from soviets when they invaded us. (that tank was mined in chinese soil)
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

i guess some people doesnt understand some thigns, i would love to do some flaming, but i might get banned, however:

Vietnam-sino war: it was the chiense who won ppl, as every always claims that the invasion was beaten back, in fact, the chinese was nice enough to retreat as to teach the vietnamese a lesson.

Sino-soviet border clashes: it takes 2/more to start a war, it definetly takes 2 to have a border clash. Btw, the russians took a huge chunk of manchuria, which was supposebilty our land, thereby we should have to right to invade lost territory, however, we didnt because we are nice. The soviets however, are agressive enough to want to take the island in the amur river, thereby provoking the incidnets.

Sino-INdian border clashes: By defination it was an invasion, by political stretegy, it was a tactical offensive. Teh frickin indians sent troops in chiense territory, aka the disputed area, whicih is basically chinese area, inhabited by chiense ppl, road signs in chinese language. the chiense retreated to let the indian troops take bait, and pow, chiense troops owned indian conscripts. Most of it was fought on the disputed area, hardly on indian terrotyr. I hardly call it a agressive movement, since china yet again was nice and went back and returned all the prisioners unharmed.

sad, so sad that people are getting the wrong info, it brings tears to my eyes
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

the purpose of war in vietnam is not capturing lands stuff...
rather, it is a way to show that even without using the most elite PLA army (like 38th army, the most elite troops didn't join sino-vietnam war), china can still fight a two-front war

the day china attacks vietnam is the last day of the sino-soviet union alliance treaty, their last day of friend
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

it was a good war, a lesson learnt by the pla to reduce its men and concentrate in tech