The true history of Taiwan. - Page 13

--
Boots

December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
US is a peaceful country?
Did I ever say that it was? Tell you what, I won't paint any lying rosey pictures about the USA being the most saintly country in the world and you do the same for China. That work?

Quote:
china never attack any country
For heaven's sake, you should know better than to say that. China has attacked many countries since the People's Republic of China was at the helm:
1.) North Korea may have welcomed China's invasion. South Korea didn't. China chose the path of Conquerer for Communism the moment they crossed the border into South Korea.
2.) The PRC can say that Tibet was never separate forever -- it doesn't change the fact that the PLA had to invade in order to take control of Tibet. They were a very distict culture with a long history of being their own kingdom and nation. China attacked them.
3.) They were the attacker in the border war with India in 1960 and even blatantly deceived India into believing that the PRC wanted to diffuse the escalating crisis -- just so they could stab them once their back was turned. It was a brilliant move, but those are the actions of a deceitful Aggressor nation.
3.) China attacked Russia in 1969. Once again, it was China that attacked.
4.) China Vietnam in 1980. Yet again, China strikes first and was the aggressor.

I know that there are long lists of reasons or excuses for every conflict China has gotten involved in. From the PRC's point of view they believed they were fully justified in all cases. But they have been the attacker many times over. So please don't say, "China never attacked anyone." because its just plain untrue.

It is my hope that China has changed and gotten over that phase of aggressive behavior. 24 years since the last time they invaded another nation. That's a good sign -- its the longest streak of nonagression we've seen from the PRC ever. That's a good thing and goes a long way toward validating the claim that the PRC is a peaceful nation. At the very least its a step in the right direction. They need to threaten their neighbors a lot less, especially Taiwan, Japan and the Phillipines, before most people will be truly convinced. As I already stated, its the militarism promoted by China's government. It has nothing to do with the people of China being "inherently bad" or "habitual attackers". The culture of China has long been a culture that engendered peace and prosperity.

Quote:
To find nuke in Iraq?find?oh,my god,
no reason, just attack,just to show the power of us?
yeah,US has a strong troop,and only 1000 soldiers dead
compare to the large number they killed.
but do you us people ever think about, human life is equal,
the killer and the killed all have their own family.
Consider the idea of dropping a couple warning nukes near Taiwan and then proceeding to dropping them directly on Taiwan itself if they fail to comply. What is the intent?? To save the lives of as many PLA soldiers as possible. The USA is no different in that regard. Terrorism and its supporters attacked us first, right now the USA is just trying to strike back. And Saddam Hussein may or may not have had the WMD's that everyone believed were there. He still knew how to make them and would have loved to have used them on the USA> Who knows what he did with the stockpiles that we're absolutely sure he DID have??

The trick of it now is to get US troops out ASAP without leaving Iraq on the brink of collapsing into Anarchy. As soon as we can leave, we will. But you do realize that's all completely
December 8th, 2004  
Missileer

Topic: Re: So explain to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
are the American Indian documented as Americans? No?
Actually, they are originally from Siberia so they are Siberian-Americans. There are still Archaeological arguments as to who, if anyone, can be traced to aboriginal Americans. It seems everytime I watch the Discovery channel, some archaeologist finds yet older human remains. I figure at this rate, they will find that Neanderthals were the oldest Americans.
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

1,who attack NK first?if US take control of NK,
US can sent troop directly from land, it is dangerous for chinese
2,Tibet is part of china from Qing dynasty,
3,The india war, actually,we just teach the india a lesson,
and we even lose more area after that war!
4,do you know vietnam take how many lands from china?

5,maybe we have been brought up from different culture
and different media,so no body know the "true result"

but what we see know,is ,US get no proof that, Iraq take
part in 911,and that Iraq is developping nuke.
It seems US will attack Iran in the future.What I seen,is,
US is to get rid of every possible rebellion.And the rule
for US is, if US regard some country is bad,then the country
is bad,since the US is so strong,the UN is no use at all.US
just do what he want to do.

I dont see any evidence of safty,what I see,is,with the invasion
of more and more country,US become more and more
snorty. I dont think US play a good role in most of the humanbeings
of the world. Maybe US just want to play as a world police man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
US is a peaceful country?
Did I ever say that it was? Tell you what, I won't paint any lying rosey pictures about the USA being the most saintly country in the world and you do the same for China. That work?

Quote:
china never attack any country
For heaven's sake, you should know better than to say that. China has attacked many countries since the People's Republic of China was at the helm:
1.) North Korea may have welcomed China's invasion. South Korea didn't. China chose the path of Conquerer for Communism the moment they crossed the border into South Korea.
2.) The PRC can say that Tibet was never separate forever -- it doesn't change the fact that the PLA had to invade in order to take control of Tibet. They were a very distict culture with a long history of being their own kingdom and nation. China attacked them.
3.) They were the attacker in the border war with India in 1960 and even blatantly deceived India into believing that the PRC wanted to diffuse the escalating crisis -- just so they could stab them once their back was turned. It was a brilliant move, but those are the actions of a deceitful Aggressor nation.
4.) China Vietnam in 1980. Yet again, China strikes first and was the aggressor.

I know that there are long lists of reasons or excuses for every conflict China has gotten involved in. From the PRC's point of view they believed they were fully justified in all cases. But they have been the attacker many times over. So please don't say, "China never attacked anyone." because its just plain untrue.

It is my hope that China has changed and gotten over that phase of aggressive behavior. 24 years since the last time they invaded another nation. That's a good sign -- its the longest streak of nonagression we've seen from the PRC ever. That's a good thing and goes a long way toward validating the claim that the PRC is a peaceful nation. At the very least its a step in the right direction. They need to threaten their neighbors a lot less, especially Taiwan, Japan and the Phillipines, before most people will be truly convinced. As I already stated, its the militarism promoted by China's government. It has nothing to do with the people of China being "inherently bad" or "habitual attackers". The culture of China has long been a culture that engendered peace and prosperity.

Quote:
To find nuke in Iraq?find?oh,my god,
no reason, just attack,just to show the power of us?
yeah,US has a strong troop,and only 1000 soldiers dead
compare to the large number they killed.
but do you us people ever think about, human life is equal,
the killer and the killed all have their own family.
Consider the idea of dropping a couple warning nukes near Taiwan and then proceeding to dropping them directly on Taiwan itself if they fail to comply. What is the intent?? To save the lives of as many PLA soldiers as possible. The USA is no different in that regard. Terrorism and its supporters attacked us first, right now the USA is just trying to strike back. And Saddam Hussein may or may not have had the WMD's that everyone believed were there. He still knew how to make them and would have loved to have used them on the USA> Who knows what he did with the stockpiles that we're absolutely sure he DID have??

The trick of it now is to get US troops out ASAP without leaving Iraq on the brink of collapsing into Anarchy. As soon as we can leave, we will. But you do realize that's all completely
--
Boots
December 8th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
LMAO!! I can't believe that you believed in the "Yellow Peril" crap.
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
1,who attack NK first?if US take control of NK,
US can sent troop directly from land, it is dangerous for chinese
At no point was China invaded. They attacked anyway. They tried their best to place the whole peninsula under Communist Rule, just as the UN forces had tried to unite it. Was either side right in doing so?
Quote:
2,Tibet is part of china from Qing dynasty
The Qing Dynasty invaded, conquered and occupied them. It's true that they controlled them, but so what? So did the Tang Dynasty. So does the PRC now. All of them attacked a kingdom and nation that already existed and already had its own distinct cultural identity and government. The fact that China had thrown their weight around and conquered them before doesn't obligate them to be part of the People's Republic of China. Tibet didn't need China. And they did invade.
Quote:
3,The india war, actually,we just teach the india a lesson,
and we even lose more area after that war!
Lovely, how does that fit in with the statement, "China never attacked anyone."
Quote:
4,do you know vietnam take how many lands from china?
Enlighten me. Did this happen right before China invaded them or are we talking some centuries-old disputed claims to lands?

Lets leave pointing fingers at the USA out of this. Unless China is trying to copy the USA. Unless you are convinced that the USA is not an aggressor nation and a perfect example of "Peaceful Non-Aggressor Nation", it has no relevance to proving the statement, "China never attacked anyone."
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

yeah,chinese people are friendly guys
the word Yellow Peril is damn crap.
When you are in college or high school ,what is the books
tell you?chinese is dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Quote:
LMAO!! I can't believe that you believed in the "Yellow Peril" crap.
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
I agree. Good people. Their government worries me sometimes though.
Quote:
Never heard of it.
Quote:
Nope. When I was going through school, the USSR was still the USA's #1 concern and China was our ally if anything. I've done my own reasearch on the subject because, quite frankly, the USA's history classes barely acknowledge any part of Chinese history. You come out of American high school and colleges completely clueless about East Asia unless you make a point of seeking it out. I had never heard of the anything outside of the Chinese invasion of the Korean Peninsula and that even got pretty lousy coverage. I was vaguely aware that China was our ally in World War II.
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

your major?history?lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
I agree. Good people. Their government worries me sometimes though.
Quote:
Never heard of it.
Quote:
Nope. When I was going through school, the USSR was still the USA's #1 concern and China was our ally if anything. I've done my own reasearch on the subject because, quite frankly, the USA's history classes barely acknowledge any part of Chinese history. You come out of American high school and colleges completely clueless about East Asia unless you make a point of seeking it out. I had never heard of the anything outside of the Chinese invasion of the Korean Peninsula and that even got pretty lousy coverage. I was vaguely aware that China was our ally in World War II.
:P :P
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I'm talking about after I learned what schools here taught me on the subject. You can expect that level of understanding from most non-Oriental Americans. I hope they've started doing a better job but schools are always cutting back on History so everyone can learn Science and Math. There just isn't time to learn much.

Yeah, I'm a history major and even back then I was very interested in learning about the histories and I wanted to understand why they got skipped over. What I know on the subject has been from some non-required classes in college and my own personal need to know about it.

Do you think my interest is a good thing or no?
December 9th, 2004  
MadeInChina

godofthunder, chiense soldiers have never done any war crimes despite waht you think of regular armies...

well, maybe its the old reputation of chiense troops that got you caught in this thought, but if you could come up with any proof of chiense soldier maltreating anyone, then go ahead... BYW, in 64 it was a riot, not a masscre.