The true history of Taiwan. - Page 12

--
Boots

December 8th, 2004  
ironface

what is shame?shame is to beg Uncle Sam to protect,
while our chinese troop has beaten US troops.And
if US interfere the taiwan,when TI,I think no matter
how many chinese will die in the war, we can make it.
I think US could not afford so many lives for taiwan,
while chinese can,just as long time along the Japan
invade china.

And actually, many chinese just as me are fed up
with taiwan,and so called taiwanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
hinese leaders whine to the US about the arm's sale and begged them to reiterate US's support on the one-China policy?
lol

Whine? I doubt it is the correct word used here.
Beg? That's the way taiwanese use for asking protection from your uncle sam.

U'd better read some more news nowadays, ur uncle sam is already starting to get sick of your CSB, not so long ago, Clinton finger pointed to your LDH president as trouble maker.

And this dude LDH is really funny, last week he (as a man of 80) said to TI ppl usa is the daddy of taiwan, so taiwan as a little gal can do some nauty things (barking about TI, annoying PRC), but this week the spokersman of US governent used to strong words to warn TI, then LDH got pissed off then denied to reporters say: when did LDH say usa is taiwan's daddy? lol

This all was shown on Phoniex TV.

Man, got some dignity, don't bark too much, we are already getting tired of those BS.

And I suggest u to watch LiAu's show about taiwan on Phoenix TV, really funny about TI.
Well, whine, bark, same sort of thinking. Taiwan is barking and PRC is whining, etc. We beg for protection, and PRC begs for the US not to interfere... same level of lack of dignity I think.

I live in the DC area, it'll be awesome if I get to see LiAu's shows. He's one of the funniest guys in Taiwan media, and I actually like what he has to say sometimes!
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
what is shame?shame is to beg Uncle Sam to protect,
while our chinese troop has beaten US troops
Well, that's never actually happened but we've had a lovely stalemate. USA and China both won technically. US goal: Liberate South Korea. Chinese goal: Liberate North Korea. Mission Accomplished for both. And both the USA and China tried to take it further once the primary goal was accomplished -- unification of the entire Korean Penninsula under the regime they were there to help. Both failed in that secondary pursuit.

Quote:
.And
if US interfere the taiwan,when TI,I think no matter
how many chinese will die in the war, we can make it.
I think US could not afford so many lives for taiwan,
while chinese can,just as long time along the Japan
invade china.
The biggest problem I'm seeing is there there is no guarantee that the PLA will behave itself once Taiwan is taken. There is a lot of bitterness in mainland China for the people of Taiwan, so even if under the most strict controls, its pretty likely that certain members of the PLA elect to vent their frustrations on the citizens of Taiwan.

Also, and the biggest reason in favor of US involvement: There is the concern that the invasion of Taiwan is simply a taste of things to come. Japan, the Phillipines, South Korea, etc. The USA cannot afford to let China take over those 3 nations and invading Taiwan only validates American fears of a domino effect in Southeast Asia.

Quote:
And actually, many chinese just as me are fed up
with taiwan,and so called taiwanese.
And the Chinese righteous indignation over Taiwan has people living there terrified of what might happen to them if the PLA invades ... or even if they peacefully reunite. Wouldn't you be scared?
December 8th, 2004  
MadeInChina

1st of all, u are predicting that the chiense military will release their anger on taiwanese citizens. it maddens me very much, since the PLA does not ever have a military criminal record. Also, in the PLA,. even though never happened, any crimes agnist citizens of any country will result in excution. anyways, in korea, it have been proven that chinese troops are very nice, since prisioners were never beaten, never maltreated, sometime ate more than chinese soldiers themselves. THose who were maltreated were by the NOrth kroean army, its true in asense, since the war was fought on their land. another point is that propanganda and teaching the UN prisioners is within human rights, since many of us does not like school and dont believ in it, it is forced up on by the govenrment, is that illegal????

2nd of all, china will never attack, conqueror another country unless first atacked upon, a point i have been emphasixing for so long that it doesnt even make sense that yhou people don tremember it.

sigh, tahts it, when i fiinish school and go into businese, im gonna buy the chiense military some goodies
--
Boots
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
1st of all, u are predicting that the chiense military will release their anger on taiwanese citizens. it maddens me very much, since the PLA does not ever have a military criminal record.
Right, PRC accounts must have cleaned up the details of Tibet and Korea or you'd never have said that. Its unrealistic to assume that no soldier ever misbehaves -- I cannot think of a single example in human history ever that there was any reasonably large conflict that didn't see a few soldiers doing something along the lines of killing POW's or raping, etc, etc.

Quote:
Also, in the PLA,. even though never happened, any crimes agnist citizens of any country will result in excution.
A noble prohibition that has often been instituted and never actually worked in human history.

Quote:
anyways, in korea, it have been proven that chinese troops are very nice, since prisioners were never beaten, never maltreated, sometime ate more than chinese soldiers themselves.
You honestly believe this statement, right?? Look there have been lots of cases of localized warcrimes where the perpetrator got away with it because nobody "taddled" on them. US soldiers have been guilty of it and so has every significant army to ever exist. For instance, for US soldiers, the penalty for looting was death. It didn't stop them from doing quite a lot of it. An accurate account of the PLA would shatter the pristine image the people of China, but what makes the PLA into the saints that the history of the world has never seen before or since??? Yes there were warcrimes by the Chinese in both Korea and Tibet and no your government isn't going to admit that fact. Why should they?

Quote:
THose who were maltreated were by the NOrth kroean army, its true in asense, since the war was fought on their land. another point is that propanganda and teaching the UN prisioners is within human rights, since many of us does not like school and dont believ in it, it is forced up on by the govenrment, is that illegal????
I don't feel too sorry for NK soldiers after seeing the video footage of what they were doing behind the lines prior to Inchon. Trench after trench filled with soldiers and citizens alike, tied up with barbed wire. They had been brutally tortured to death. I very much doubt that the SK and UN forces outdid the brutality of NK forces. The Chinese did plenty of the same and the UN forces were no angels either. That's War. That's Reality. If you buy into thinking war is different just because its China, then I think your just proving yourself to be a bit gullible. Soldiers have never been and will never be angels nor perfect people. They're killers for a cause, plain and simple. If some of them do good things from time to time, that doesn't mean they all always will.

Quote:
2nd of all, china will never attack, conqueror another country unless first atacked upon, a point i have been emphasixing for so long that it doesnt even make sense that yhou people don tremember it.
I know that the official account is that Tibet was never its own country .... but for some reason it had to be invaded and occupied anyway. For some reason, Tibet was acting a lot like a completely independent country with no Chinese troops occupying and no governmental control for China whatsoever. China did attack both India and Vietnam. In the case of India, they even duped India into believing that attack was not imminent. Vietnam was not militarily attacking China, yet they were invaded by China for allying into the wrong circles (from China's point of view). What do you think would have happened to Vietnam had that invasion been successful? "Welcome to Vietnam, southmost province of the People's Republic of China." At the very least, they'd have annexed parts of Vietnam.
December 8th, 2004  
jz

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
China did attack both India and Vietnam. In the case of India, they even duped India into believing that attack was not imminent. Vietnam was not militarily attacking China, yet they were invaded by China for allying into the wrong circles (from China's point of view). What do you think would have happened to Vietnam had that invasion been successful? "Welcome to Vietnam, southmost province of the People's Republic of China." At the very least, they'd have annexed parts of Vietnam.

Yes,China did attack India,Vietnam and "Soviet Russia(in 1969) ".
And China want to occupy them
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Oops, you're right, forgot about the Chinese attack on Russia.
December 8th, 2004  
jz

Quote:
Oops, you're right, forgot about the Chinese attack on Russia.
Then Chinese r all crazy .
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I disagree. They've just had a bit of an aggressive spirit over the past 60 years. The point I'm making is, against the backdrop of having attacked in 1949, 1951, 1960, 1969 and 1980 and all of them involving China attacking -- well, the claim that China is a peaceful nation with absolutely no aspirations for attack nor conquest seems like a contradiction. We all HOPE for China to be a peaceful nation, but its history under the PRC Communist rule hasn't truly been a rule of love and peace. Its been a very militaristic thusfar.

Its not the people of China that are at fault, its their government that has led them into each of those conflicts. We hope that their current leaders will not fall back to the PRC's habits of agressiveness. And its not unexpected to see a major military power like China get into some fights from time to time. It just seems odd that all of the ones the PRC has been in have involved China attacking and/or invading.
December 8th, 2004  
jz

Maybe u r Right,but I want to say:Welcome to China and just take a look.
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

US is a peaceful country?
US attack how many county?
china never attack any country,
To find nuke in Iraq?find?oh,my god,
no reason, just attack,just to show the power of us?
yeah,US has a strong troop,and only 1000 soldiers dead
compare to the large number they killed.
but do you us people ever think about, human life is equal,
the killer and the killed all have their own family.

Quote:
I disagree. They've just had a bit of an aggressive spirit over the past 60 years. The point I'm making is, against the backdrop of having attacked in 1949, 1951, 1960, 1969 and 1980 and all of them involving China attacking -- well, the claim that China is a peaceful nation with absolutely no aspirations for attack nor conquest seems like a contradiction. We all HOPE for China to be a peaceful nation, but its history under the PRC Communist rule hasn't truly been a rule of love and peace. Its been a very militaristic thusfar.

Its not the people of China that are at fault, its their government that has led them into each of those conflicts. We hope that their current leaders will not fall back to the PRC's habits of agressiveness. And its not unexpected to see a major military power like China get into some fights from time to time. It just seems odd that all of the ones the PRC has been in have involved China attacking and/or invading.