The true history of Taiwan. - Page 10

--
Boots

December 4th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Very good point!

Still, that doesn't make anything definite for China today.
December 4th, 2004  
MadeInChina

thats really funny to hear zyca's repeated comments on taiwan, but since i havent been nett'in for long time, i have a whole truck-load to read

contridction is what taiwan is, they speak the same lauguage but calls themselves taiwanese, they write the same writing but calls it taiwanese, they eat the same type of dish but call it taiwanese cusine, they are born chinese but calls themselves taiwanese, their flag is KMT but callsthemselves taiwanese, their army is called the KMT but they conitnuous to call it the taiwnaese army, their airlines are called china airlines but they admit they are taiwanes.....WTFFFFF

ONe major thing you ignorant ppl doesnt know, is that chian is made up of more than 55 minorties and a han majority. since china's history many corss-marriages had happened and cultures combined to for the chiense culture, though mainly dominated by hans, chinese is basically many ethenics combined together, all have mongolian features

like for example, my friend has mogolian blood, my cousin has a bit of manchus blood, and my chinese teacher was tibetian+han.

taiwanese, is basically chinese in nature in which the ethenic groups on taiwan are all chinese...

zyca speaks of the taiwanese as if they are an ethenic group, when in fact the taiwanese, or so-called mainland-emmigrants, are basically chinese...

this subject has been talked over and over and over.... which makes me cry because taiwanese ppl are a lost bunch of rebellion chinese trying to escape form their parent country
December 4th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

It wouldn't be the first time that a nation wanted to break off from its "parent country". That's happened more times in history than any of us could possibly count. The difference is, China says "No or you'll regret it."

Language isn't a definite means to determine what country you belong to or England and Spain would be the biggest countries on the planet. China and its people seem to think that China is somehow special in this regard. Nobody else defines nations entirely based upon spoken language ... except China apparently. Be wary, oh ye people of the earth for learning to read and write in Mandarin has a hefty commitment to it!

Ancestry also is no definite means of determining what nation you belong to, yet China is a complete contradiction in this regard. They are more than happy to take part of the Mongolian race, numerous others and all of Tibet by force, yet they're definitely NOT Chinese, but for some reason if you DO have some Chinese ancestry, you have no right to not be part of China. On this one, China is quite content to use a double standard. Once again, its a rule that only applies to China, and once again, China is "special".

Endless examples are thrown around that all come back to the same thing: Taiwan has an identity crisis that it hasn't sorted out yet. "Chinese Airlines" and "Republic of China" and so forth. Some of them believe they are 100% a part of China, some of them don't believe that. All that Zyrca and many other people are saying is that Taiwan ought to be allowed to decide the matter for themselves. After all, it would be the first time that island was actually given the right to decide for itself, but that's not the way China opperates. "We pissed on you (like a dog marking its territory), now we own you. You say anything different and we'll beat the hell outa ya!"

Taiwan has never been given the right to decide for themselves and they never will.
--
Boots
December 4th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

When KMT lost Civil War and fled to Taiwan, they took ALL Chinese treasury (national money) and those historical treasuries (whole museum's stuff) to Taiwan, which belongs to whole Chinese people.
December 4th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Right, which inadvertantly may have saved some of said treasures from the Cultural Revolution. Not the case for the most part, but they were safer in Taiwan IMO. Regardless of the outcome, Taiwan needs to return them to China. That goes without saying really.
December 5th, 2004  
ironface

without the gold ,Jiangjieshi brought from mainland,will taiwan has
its economy today????
i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Now is Taiwanese Independence a good idea? No, of course not. Its a really stupid idea because you have an enormous military that the PRC has 100% guaranteed use to invade the moment Taiwan tries to declare independence for itself. Right or wrong doesn't enter into that. That's just bowing to overwhelming superior force. Overwhelming force doesn't really make a thing right or wrong.
I think TI is great. When under no threats, most of the Taiwanese want TI, and the number supporting TI will only grow in the future. But I won't put my bet on winning the war against a far stronger military power. China's military superiority will only grow and the distance between China's power and Taiwan's will only increase, Taiwan will not be able to reverse that trend no matter how much money is spent buying US equipments.

I come in with the realization that China will invade Taiwan and conquer Taiwan and make it part of its own. What I cannot agree is that a lot of the Chinese in mainland seem to believe that they can have a pie and eat it. Do not glorify the motive, justify the threats, or disrespect the idea of TI. We do not welcome invaders and we do not think our lives will be better when we become part of China, that myth should be clarified now. With that said, flex your muscle, knock out the kid, take away his candy. But don't say you had the rights to the candy all along, because it never entered your pocket until you robbed it.
December 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

They should pay back ALL the GOLD and rente of it back to ALL Chinese people.
December 5th, 2004  
ironface

You can ask CSB to try,to declare TI.
You can get the results,and the movie <troy>
already said,only victors can be remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
taiwan independence:
1) war from china
2) as ppl already mentioned, taiwanese<_> trade will collaspe: thouhg unhealthy for china, china gets to keep the factoires and goodies already built, who needs the capital when these already-built factories could be sold for profits
3) formally and dipolamatically, the international world will not reconize taiwan except for some measily small countrie+ panama.
4)mostly likely a naval blockade will cut off taiwans trade and commerence: but there will be little trade anyways since most countries fear china's powers and does not like to tip favor for the taiwanese
5) china will take air supoirircy over taiwan( sry for the spelling), in which air commerence will breakdown
6) taiwan has more mouths to feed than the amount of foo dit could support in its own gardens, thereby china could gain by selling food to the taiwanese with a complete blockade ( if the independent government is good to the people, they will buy the food, if they are tyrants, they would not buy the food)

i dont think taiwan wants to choose independence

rather, joing with china or fear this!!!!!
Exactly, what can Taiwan do when China blocks Taiwan, both air and surface? Nothing. And Taiwan economy will collapse immediately because Taiwan does rely heavy on trading with other countries (China is definitely a big trading partner, but losing China will not collapse Taiwan; however without ANY trading partner, Taiwan will collapse, so will probably many countries). Most countries doing trades with Taiwan will whine about the blockade since they can't do trades anymore, but no one is going to mess with China unless they're crazy.

That brings me to another question, I always wondered how long Taiwan could stand a Chinese attack. Let's forget about the ground forces, it's over when PLA lands in Taiwan. We should just look at the Navy and the Air Force. Is there a good website that shows the current technology PRC has in its military?
December 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
already said,only victors can be remembered
That's true. And I like it. Only the FINAL Winners willbe remembered, and glorified. That's human history.
December 6th, 2004  
ironface

if taiwan declare its independence,it will definitely lose the war,
and after the lose ,it has not any rights to get on a table to talk about
anything,since loser will not have rights to speak
if taiwan admitted that it is a part of china,anything is negotiable.

So,i just want taiwan to declare the independence,and shut up
all the disputes