True facts about American Firearm related death...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvacci.html

Guncite.com said:
Introduction A fatal gun accident, particularly when a child is involved, often makes state or national news. This gives the impression that: fatal gun accidents are more prevalent than other fatal accidents, gun accidents are increasing, and civilian gun ownership must be further restricted or regulated.
The reality does not correspond to the perception created by media coverage. Fatal gun accidents declined by almost sixty percent from 1975 to 1995, even though the number of guns per capita increased by almost forty percent.
Fatal gun accidents involving children (aged 0-14) also fell significantly, from 495 in 1975, to under 250 in 1995. More children die from accidental drownings or burns than from gun accidents.
(Gun supply statistics are from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, gun accident rates from the National Safety Council).​

Read the rest of the facts to the HTML Address listed above.

Fatal gun accidents involving children (aged 0-14) also fell significantly, from 495 in 1975, to under 250 in 1995. More children die from accidental drownings or burns than from gun accidents.

Could that not be credited to stricter gun control laws?

No, I view it as proper education with firearms and childern. Parents need to store firearms in a safe place that is out of reach from childern.

But what's really interesting is that more people die from Drownings than from firearms.

They actually made a good point about the swimming pools and accidents compared to gun accidents. But when I read the article I just realized OI object to whole gun-thing. I can't offer solid facts to that, but it's my gut feeling and it's strong. Imo having guns around cause more unnecessary death then when they are not around.

The only "solid" remark I have is that the numbers are handled by members from the GunCite and that they are estimates. I was taught that numbers can be used to express anybody specific goal. They can be misleading, so where it boils down to is your intrinsic value: I just object to so many guns in the households!

5.56X45mm said:
No, I view it as proper education with firearms and childern. Parents need to store firearms in a safe place that is out of reach from childern.

But what's really interesting is that more people die from Drownings than from firearms.
I think you (U.S. citizens not you personally Louis),need to address how you store firearms and not ownership issues.
I may be making a sweeping statement but all my friends and family in U.S. tend to leave firearms unsecured in their homes.
All firearms in the U.K. are required to be kept in locked cabinets with two BS3621 locks (can be keyed alike but personally I think two keys to allow dual key holding).The cabinet must have hinge-interlock and be secured securely to the structure of the building.
Failure to comply in ANY way or if during a random check weapons are found unsecured any licences are withdrawn and criminal proceedings can occur.
If you do this and keep keys in a separate coded key safe then their is NO WAY children can get hold of them.
This is about the only sensible gun law in U.K.
If you are in a situation where you may need instant access at home e.g.Police officer then something like a Mass Hamilton digital com-lock would provide adequate security and ease of use.(I can open a bedside safe fitted with one in 3-5 seconds).
I dont think peoples right to own firearms should be taken from them just that acting responsibly with them should be enforced.
What are your experiences of how firearms are stored(usually) in the U.S.?
Is it just those cases I know of personally and those that end in tragedy(and media hype) that involve unsecured firearms or is it more lax in U.S. than U.K?

Data

Ted said:
They actually made a good point about the swimming pools and accidents compared to gun accidents. But when I read the article I just realized OI object to whole gun-thing. I can't offer solid facts to that, but it's my gut feeling and it's strong. Imo having guns around cause more unnecessary death then when they are not around.

The only "solid" remark I have is that the numbers are handled by members from the GunCite and that they are estimates. I was taught that numbers can be used to express anybody specific goal. They can be misleading, so where it boils down to is your intrinsic value: I just object to so many guns in the households!

"The one thing i have learned about data is that it will admit to anything if interrogated enough"- British Home Office pathologist.

Firearms are not the problem. People are. Today's society has a bad habit of trying to blame everything BUT the person.

A responsible gun owner knows how to safetly store his weapons. How he choses to store them will depend on his household, are there others in the home, children, wife, etc.

While I would never be in favor of random house checks on firearms, I would be in favor of stiffer penalties, even criminal charges, for those whose children or family members have found access to your personal firearm and commited crimes with them. If Mom and Dad know they may go to jail for a long time if little Johnny brings a firearm to school (regardless if he shoots anyone or not), I think we would see a rise in trigger lock and gun safe purchases.

As a firearm owner. I keep all of my firearm in two safes. Looked. I don't have to do it but I do for my own reasons. I don't want them stolen. But I do always keep on firearm out for home defense when I'm in the house. When I have small childern around. The firearm goes on me. I'll carry on a holster instead of leaving it lying aorund to be within the reach of childern. But if I'm just home. It will stay on my night stand.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Why should law abiding citizens have their right to own firearms be taken away from them when criminals break the law. If firearms are outlawed criminals will still have firearms because criminals break the law.

Anyways Ted, you should check out the pictures of my collection over at
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?p=211838#post211838
&
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?p=211959#post211959

I own all of these and there has not been one accident in my house with childern.

FACTS TO PONDER:
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S.
is700,000
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year
are120,000
(C) Accidental deaths per physician
is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
Health Human Services.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now think about this:
Guns:
(A)The number of gun owners in the U.S.
is 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million..
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups,
is 1,500.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(C) The number of accidental deaths
per gun owner
is.000188.
Statistics courtesy of FBI
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So, statistically, doctors are approximately
9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,
BUT
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please alert your friends
to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors
before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Out of concern for the public at large,

I withheld the statistics on
lawyers

for fear the shock would cause
people to panic and seek medical attention!

Last edited:
Hahahaha point taken Luis!!

I have done some thinking why I object so much, and I came up with somewhat of an answer. I just don't trust my neighbor to do something stupid once he blows his fuse. (I just moved house and on the 2nd night my neighbor called the cops because my cat was sitting in his window-sill. This was about 01.30 am!) Also at work I see kids go bananas over absolutly nothing. They throw a fit over nothing and beat the crap out of another pupil. (We just expelled 8 students who beat up another kid and filmed it. Before you knew it the film was on the internet... with their faces too!)

This is related to stricter rules about locking up your guns. But I just don't trust my neighbor to lock up his. So I find it's better to rule them out of the equation all together. But I am aware that I will dupe responsible gun-owners in the process... so be it. Better a disappointed responsible person than a looney with a loaded gun.

Like he said, guns dont kill people...people and doctors kill people.hell,if you wanna ban something good...ban alcohol. Beer is http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/ardi/Report.aspx?T=AAM&P=9d3057a6-5cda-416d-ba10-41e7b8ebd521&R=c22869f8-a1d3-48a8-8095-9142c6de5baf&M=1d04dc84-f775-4032-9ab3-75bc10221b2b

all of that...and notice that it does save some lives...So if you want to stop the killer, bring up Prohibition in Congress...and see how fast you get thrown out for being "Un-American"...cause we gotta have our liquor

Last edited:
C/1Lt Henderson said:
Like he said, guns dont kill people...people and doctors kill people.hell,if you wanna ban something good...ban alcohol. Beer is http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/ardi/Report.aspx?T=AAM&P=9d3057a6-5cda-416d-ba10-41e7b8ebd521&R=c22869f8-a1d3-48a8-8095-9142c6de5baf&M=1d04dc84-f775-4032-9ab3-75bc10221b2b

all of that...and notice that it does save some lives...So if you want to stop the killer, bring up Prohibition in Congress...and see how fast you get thrown out for being "Un-American"...cause we gotta have our liquor

I think you should back very slowly away from the keyboard, young guy. Very. Very. Slowly.

Ban alcohol. Pfft, must be "out 'yo mind."

:drink:

While locking your firearms away in a safe that takes twelve people and an act of parliament to open would tend to prevent kids from tangling with your firearms, it also negates any home protection value of the firearms. While I enjoy collecting, tinkering with, and shooting my firearms, I also have them for the remote possibility that someone with no regard to the law (carrying a firearms they acquired in a manner that was in no way legal) will break into my home. Granted the police are minutes away, but those are minutes you don't have when someone is wandering around your dining room looking for the silver.

moving0target said:
While locking your firearms away in a safe that takes twelve people and an act of parliament to open would tend to prevent kids from tangling with your firearms, it also negates any home protection value of the firearms. While I enjoy collecting, tinkering with, and shooting my firearms, I also have them for the remote possibility that someone with no regard to the law (carrying a firearms they acquired in a manner that was in no way legal) will break into my home. Granted the police are minutes away, but those are minutes you don't have when someone is wandering around your dining room looking for the silver.

That's what Ninja throwing stars are for. :mrgreen:

PJ24 said:
That's what Ninja throwing stars are for. :mrgreen:

Yeah. They work even with one of those silly trigger locks on them! Don't forget your katana. Swords are better than guns, too, M I RITE?!

C/1Lt Henderson said:

Well first off, congratulations on the promotion but you need to update your sig.

Second, are you crazy? Banning alcohol would destroy professional sports as we know it. What do people do at baseball games? They drink, heavily, which is why baseball is so popular and NASCAR? Oh man you don't even want to know those figures man. For something that our friends from overseas can understand, soccer. Those guys are always so drunk they don't even know where they are, which explains how they got there. (It's true, I saw it in a movie once.)

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Like he said, guns dont kill people...people and doctors kill people.hell,if you wanna ban something good...ban alcohol. Beer is all of that...and notice that it does save some lives...So if you want to stop the killer, bring up Prohibition in Congress...and see how fast you get thrown out for being "Un-American"...cause we gotta have our liquor

Police Sniper - "Sir, can I take the shot?"

Commanding Officer - "Take it, he wants to outlaw liquor!"

Saying comments like outlawing alcohol is stupid and deadly. Please, if you value your life. Don't make any comments like that again or some very angry people will hunt you down.

;)

Back