True facts about American Firearm related death...

Beside the fact that you would possibly become the most unpopular guy in your street, this project has been tried before..... and it didn't work! The glory days of Al Capone and Co. owed their livelyhood to this prohibition.

Im just saying, comparing alcohol to guns, alcohol is the more dangerous substance...I realize that it didnt work and that's why people wont try it again.Because they fear modern Al Capone's and Babyfaces...So why dont we ban alcohol, because of our lessons learned by Prohibition...for those same reasons will we never ban guns..because people will start the same "tactics" as before, people will horde guns and sell them for money and we would have a bunch of crime.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Im just saying, comparing alcohol to guns, alcohol is the more dangerous substance...I realize that it didnt work and that's why people wont try it again.Because they fear modern Al Capone's and Babyfaces...So why dont we ban alcohol, because of our lessons learned by Prohibition...for those same reasons will we never ban guns..because people will start the same "tactics" as before, people will horde guns and sell them for money and we would have a bunch of crime.

We won't even worry about what the constitution says about our "Right to bear arms" then since those are the only reasons.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Im just saying, comparing alcohol to guns, alcohol is the more dangerous substance....

What do you reckon of the fantastic mix of guns together with alcohol? If the first won't kill you the second most certainly will!

Dude, Ted, my family routinely mixes the two, at least once a year, and I have all my fingers. The cattle across the highway have never been the same, but they aren't people.

Actually, what you need to do is drink, drive, smoke, eat at McDonald's three times a day and carry around a shot gun wherever you go. Why? Well if memory serves me correct cholesterol, automobiles and smoking are the three biggest killers in America, oh, don't forget 12 minutes of tanning everyday.

5.56X45mm said:
Police Sniper - "Sir, can I take the shot?"

*ahem* Police Counter-sniper! When PDs get snipers, I'm moving. lol

Marinerhodes said:
We won't even worry about what the constitution says about our "Right to bear arms" then since those are the only reasons.

Ding, ding, give this man a beer and some 5.56! :mrgreen:

Opps. I meant POLICE COUNTER SNIPER.

I think we have a winner. Marinerhodes
You just won an all all expense payed trip to the Remingotn Factory and Anheuser Bush plant.

moving0target said:
While locking your firearms away in a safe that takes twelve people and an act of parliament to open would tend to prevent kids from tangling with your firearms, it also negates any home protection value of the firearms. While I enjoy collecting, tinkering with, and shooting my firearms, I also have them for the remote possibility that someone with no regard to the law (carrying a firearms they acquired in a manner that was in no way legal) will break into my home. Granted the police are minutes away, but those are minutes you don't have when someone is wandering around your dining room looking for the silver.
If you read my post you'll see I said 3-5 seconds to gain access to your firearm.
If you need one sooner than this upon waking then I suggest you need to post sentrys outside your bedroom door.

I know the constitution says that...and by the wayside if you havent figured it out, im for guns. I like my pistol and i dont care what anyone says

Hey guys, thanks for all this interesting discussion, I have to do a research paper and all this talk about gun control has made my topic(gun control) a whole lot easier...grazie! and keep it up. i need more data and opinions!!!!!!!!!!

Ted, I don't know about you but I'm old, out of shape, brittle bones, the whole bit. Any ex convict who has spent ten years lifting weights in prison can take me. I have kept one ability from my youth, I seldom miss with any type of gun. Now, rather than being tortured and/or beaten to death by fists larger than my head, I will protect myself and family because, you see, that is why you are called the "man of the house," to not only love and procreate but protect your family from threats from those who would rape and kill for fun or gain, it doesn't matter to them.

Italian Guy said:
You uhm speak Italian? :?:
Have you ever heard of a woman by the name of Cornelia Funke? She wrote a book called The Theif Lord. Thats where I know the few words of Italian that I can say...I want to learn it though...My mothers side is 1/4th Italian...I reallllyyy wanna learn it...

Well said Missileer.

You are absolutely right Missileer. I have adjusted my views somewhat and I reckon that a gun in the house together with a well balanced owner aren't all that harmful. They might even work preventive.
But I do have some troubles with owning an assault rifle and not being all that stead fast... And often it's hard to see what kind of owner buys what.

Ted said:
You are absolutely right Missileer. I have adjusted my views somewhat and I reckon that a gun in the house together with a well balanced owner aren't all that harmful. They might even work preventive.
:jump::drunkb::love:

Hallelujah, praise the lord and pass de munitie!

A liberal, left-leaning European has come to see the light, another soul has been saved by the church of Smith&Wesson.
:pray:

I could not be more shocked were I to learn that Bush and Cheney were actually lovers.
:)

So, Ted, will you begin lobbying and protesting in the street to change the laws of the Netherlands or will you wait for me to get there first?

bulldogg said:

A liberal, left-leaning European has come to see the light, another soul has been saved by the church of Smith&Wesson.

I could not be more shocked were I to learn that Bush and Cheney were actually lovers.

So, Ted, will you begin lobbying and protesting in the street to change the laws of the Netherlands or will you wait for me to get there first?

Hahahaha Bulldogg, you obviously haven't seen the latest issue of Der Spiegel.... they really have great pics of them two! :)

But I am not afraid to reflect on my new insights. I am a splinter within the red ranks who advocates a strong and healty military. I even believe in a draft, because that garantees a certain standard of quality, which it lacks at the moment. And regarding my knowledge on guns, I dare say that I am fairly well schooled for a non-combatant civvy. I used to leave in the States remember!!

bulldogg said:

bulldogg u made me snort diet coke on that one...ahahahahaha...that hurt...lol

One thing though, these stats list fatal gun accidents but not murders or "violent crimes" committed with firearms.

Back