Trojans lose? TO STANFORD?

Stanford beating USC wasn't the greatest upset of all time, I don't even consider it that great of an upset, it was one very bad team doing their homework and beating a good team on the road. USC is over-rated, they have been for a couple years now, the reason is that they are in such a weak conference. The Pac-10 has fallen behind the Big Ten, SEC, Big East and Big XII in recent years, this year could prove to be an exception since Cal and Oregon are playing so well. USC got an automatic BCS birth the last five seasons by simply being being a big fish in a medium size pond. Remember when ESPN did that "Road to History" thing or whatever where they compared the 2005 USC Trojans to the "Ten Best Football Teams of All-Time" which of course every college football fan knows the list was BS because the number 1 team of all-time
is the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers followed closely by the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers, yet the '71 team wasn't on the list and '95 Neb. was ranked third. USC, with its two Heisman winners, lost to Texas in the 2005 national championship game. This upset isn't as big as people are making it sound because USC isn't as good as people make them sound. When I read articles about USC today I would think they had been on the verge of surpassing OU's record for consecutive wins when this happened or that USC had won four of the last five National Championships, when they're really only won one and that was against the third ranked team in the nation when Auburn should have been the ones playing USC.

Michigan loses to two-time defending Div-1AA champion Appalachian State and drops from 5th to unranked, USC loses to a team that finished 1-11 the previous season when they were a 41 point favorite and stays in the top ten. Hmm, bias? Oh it's ok, they're USC, they get a second chance. And now of course USC will be ushered to the front of the line for the one loss teams, yet if LSU loses one game they are out of the race for the NC, same with Ohio State, Cal and Boston College.

When Ohio State thumped Kansas State 3 years ago in their bowl game, Oklahoma (who had been mauled by K-State and had lost their bowl game badly) finished AHEAD of Ohio State!

The ACC, Big 12, and Big East are overrated. The Big 10 is having a bad year. The SEC has the likes of Tennessee at the top. (not dissing Tennessee, but they look awful in big games)

Notre Dame could still be ranked in the Top 25 by year's end, just because they're Notre Dame. They were ranked as late as the 8th or 9th week in Bob Davie's last season as head coach, even though they were at best a .500 team!

The way the Top 25 SHOULD look:
1-LSU
2-Ohio State
3-California
4-Boston College
5-South Florida
6-South Carolina
7-Oregon
8-West Virginia
9-Missouri
10-Arizona State
11-Hawaii
12-Cincinnati
13-Illinois
14-Kansas
15-Kentucky
16-Wisconsin
17-Texas A&M
18-Oklahoma
19-Virginia Tech
20-Indiana
21-USC
22-Texas Tech
23-Auburn
24-Virginia
25-Tennessee

(PS- I just read on ESPN that Reggie Bush may have recieved improper benefits from USC while he was there. Wait until this **** hits the fan.)

Wow, I've been hearing that Reggie Bush received improper benefits since the day after USC's loss to Texas in the NC game. It's nothing new, his family stayed in a house owned by a USC alumni for free his senior season, Pete Carroll has been accused of doing all sorts of dirty things in his time at USC, just like the other stories this one will go away in short order because USC is the little media darling child. Two Oklahoma players get paid for working 40 hours at a car dealership when they were actually only working five and they get suspended from NCAA football, all divisions, Reggie Bush receives... $280,000? his senior year and there won't be any punishment against him or USC. SMU was given the death penalty for this stuff, USC will be given a very stern warning saying if they don't stop their behavior the NCAA might possibly consider one day taking things a step further and perhaps condemning their behavior.

18 months ago the story broke about Bush's family and their rather cheeky living conditions, nothing has happened. Nothing is going to come of this latest accusation either, although I wouldn't mind seeing USC go on probation, losing a few scholarships, and the Heisman given to Young since it's a little too late to suspend/expel Reggie.

The story about Bush's family living rent free in a house owned by a USC Alumni is old, old news. That was in the press the day after the Rose Bowl where Texas beat USC. This latest story, that Bush received... 280,000? in gifts, cash, etc. from boosters is new, but still, nothing will come of it because it's USC.

Back