A trip to the beach.

--

February 4th, 2015  
Kesse81

Topic: A trip to the beach.

Hey Boss, is it ok if we use the company car for a drive on the Beach?

February 4th, 2015  
dadsgirl

I used to go ( in a former life) four wheeling at the beach!!!! Damn that was fun! Dunno about this though. Where doya put your beer?
February 5th, 2015  
MontyB

At least he shouldn't have any issues clearing a spot to put his sun umbrella down.

However the sand must be pretty hard packed to be able to take a 43 ton Leopard 1 without any signs of churning up the sand.
--
February 5th, 2015  
Sara

I want one so that I can demolish ex's cars with it...
February 5th, 2015  
Kesse81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
At least he shouldn't have any issues clearing a spot to put his sun umbrella down.

However the sand must be pretty hard packed to be able to take a 43 ton Leopard 1 without any signs of churning up the sand.
The beach is reinforced and prepared as a runway. During the Cold War, it was designed to receive reinforcements from NATO.

The beach is open to the public almost every day of the year even if itīs part of a military training area.

February 5th, 2015  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesse81
The beach is reinforced and prepared as a runway. During the Cold War, it was designed to receive reinforcements from NATO.

The beach is open to the public almost every day of the year even if itīs part of a military training area.

I figured there was something odd about it as most water packed sand will take a couple of tons dispersed over it but not 40 and I was pretty sure that no one has come up with a way of spreading an MBT's weight that efficiently.

So we can assume the beach is Atlantic side not Baltic (due to the NATO part) can I guess South West part of the country.
February 6th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

The C130 is an amazing aeroplane, I flew from Malta to Cyprus in one and I'm still bloody deaf!
February 6th, 2015  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The C130 is an amazing aeroplane, I flew from Malta to Cyprus in one and I'm still bloody deaf!
It's amazing how long they have been in service. Probable only the B-52 has been around for a longer time period.
February 7th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
It's amazing how long they have been in service. Probable only the B-52 has been around for a longer time period.
Not only the B52, South Africa still operates DC3 Dakota's/C47's, albeit with turbo prop engines. Amazing aircraft. Its not that long ago that the fleet of Havard/Texan were taken off strength as trainers.
February 7th, 2015  
Yossarian

I see no tank to speak of in that video... All I see is one sexy a$$ sports coupe!

Love the Leo 1, just something about it, it always looks like to me as some futuristic space age machine!

And those Danish colors suite it so well!