Trends that piss you off.

trailbrake2088

Well my wonderful generation has created a couple. First Flat brim hats look @!$@%#% stupid. Bend your hat. Second white kids leaned back in there seat bumping rap music. (I am white).

Going out in public wearing pajamas, bedroom slippers, pants down, underwear showing.

Sagging jeans where they are showing their ##. and the wide wheels too big for the cars, and bass which booms so loud you can feel it vibrating your own windows.

Parents who let their children throw tantrums in public, argue or back chat the parents and then do nothing about it.

Yakking loudly while using the mobile phone, so much so that almost anyone within a 500 metres radius can hear them...

I'm not sure if this is actually a trend, but I'm seeing it more and more. People who will drive around endlessly in a parking lot looking for a closer parking space so that they won't have to walk an extra two or three feet. No wonder we're the most obese nation on earth. :sarc:

I'm not sure if this is actually a trend, but I'm seeing it more and more. People who will drive around endlessly in a parking lot looking for a closer parking space so that they won't have to walk an extra two or three feet. No wonder we're the most obese nation on earth. :sarc:
I'll be more discrete in future.:-D

I never realised that you were watching me,.... Naaahh, just jokin' it's only 30 yards to the furthest parking spot in out local parking lot, and that includes avoiding savage dogs, kids on bikes and shopping trolleys.

504171f2.jpg

We don't see many fights over parking spaces

Last edited:
Queue jumping... that can really makw me mad. I wish I had the opportunity to do something like this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52f4avsOXyY"]Queue Jumper gets a talking to! - YouTube[/ame]

For some reason, people have seemingly forgetten how to proceed at a 4 way stop sign.

Or, motorists who need to get over during high traffic and drive on the shoulder to the front of the line then cut off motorists who have been sitting there waiting their turn.

Sagging pants and backwards ballcaps.

Disrespectul youths to people older than them.

People who find out I'm military and then proceed to offer their ideas on how things should be when they have no clue as to what they're talking about.

Misuse of the words: to and too...Their, there, and they're...its, it's, and its'...etc

There are numerous ones, I'll post more as I think of them.

I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi myself.

Also, some things are general stupidity - a girl once asked me "How do you say Happy Birthday in Europe?" like it was a language...

Ignorance and arrogance, flat-brimmed caps, people who ask if I've ever had tea with The Queen... to which my response usually is "Oh yes, every day me and Her Majesty sit down and have a nice little chat over a cuppa."

I have more... many more... *flips table*.

I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi myself..
Me too, and to this end I hate to see the Americanisation (Yes, it's spelt with an "s" not a "z") of the English language.
I know that it's inevitable, but I detested school, where I spent years of my life having English language drummed into me, and I hate to think that all that time was just wasted.

It's nothing personal, just a fact of life.

Last edited:
this probably isnt a trend, but i hate the idiots in classes who are always mouthing off the teacher and generaly making in impossible to get any work done :bang:

I hate bosses not investing in their staff. I hate bosses who disrespect you and question your integrity when they should be looking in the mirror.

I hate bosses not investing in their staff. I hate bosses who disrespect you and question your integrity when they should be looking in the mirror.

Mate you must be young, New Zealand management is operating under the same structures the rest of the civilised world abandoned in the 1950s and don't forget the Peter Principle, most people are promoted to their level of incompetence.

There is of course Putts law as well which says..."Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand." this is completed by Putts Corollory which says..."Every technical hierarchy, in time, develops a competence inversion."

Last edited:
Mate you must be young, New Zealand management is operating under the same structures the rest of the civilised world abandoned in the 1950s and don't forget the Peter Principle, most people are promoted to their level of incompetence.

There is of course Putts law as well which says..."Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand." this is completed by Putts Corollory which says..."Every technical hierarchy, in time, develops a competence inversion."

How very true...

This was something I used to hang behind my desk, on the wall, of course...

We are the willing
Led by the unknowing
Doing the impossible
For the ungrateful

You old cynics. Maybe I am young and idealistic, but I'm not exactly trapped in my job either so I'm going to ask for an apology and if not maybe tomorrow will be a bright new start for me!

Well as long as you go in there with the understanding that most managers only want the title of "manager" and not the responsibility of being one you wont come away disappointed, you wont get what you want either but that is a different battle.

:)

Well my wonderful generation has created a couple. First Flat brim hats look @!$@%#% stupid. Bend your hat. Second white kids leaned back in there seat bumping rap music. (I am white).

What pisses me off is all the young, bright vibrant young girls I'd like to date seem to fall for these beltless (*&(*heads, and have one or two kids by 20 with the idiots so they can run out on their brood and end up in jail at 25 for lack of child support.

So much for daddy's little girl's college dreams.

And what the hell is it about speeding everywhere? It's like If I do the speed limit to the number, this is without fail two or three morons behind me trying to push me up 20 mph to drive a like a maniac like them.

And they have the nerve to seem p#ssed when the say the hell with this and blow by on a double line. You can't just leave home earlier?

Also blue tooth... I hate that, walking through an establisment only to have someone say "hey how are you"? For me to reply and they look at me like I am insanse. Just for me to discover they are not talking to themselves they have a headset.

Lastly, about parking right up front...

This is another thing along these lines I hate. Grocery stores have scooters for the disabled and the elderly. People who either can't help their condition or have worked their whole life to a rightful old age and deserve to spend their later years at least in a small sense of comfort.

NOT for people who who weigh 500 pounds sipping a big gulp form the nearest 7/11 who are on the verge of discovering a new form of diabetes.

If I can watch the walrus waddle into the store without problems only to smile with glee as they see the scooter so they can plob their overburdned @#$ down and ride through the store, then they can walk. I hate seeing a gaggle of elephants on scooters rolling through the store stuffing sweets into their mouths before they pay for them, especailly when a elderly gentlmen comes in with a walking cane having to ASK a stranger to help him carry his things.

Good to see the universe still in alignment.

Last edited:
What pisses me off is all the young, bright vibrant young girls I'd like to date seem to fall for these beltless (*&(*heads, and have one or two kids by 20 with the idiots so they can run out on their brood and end up in jail at 25 for lack of child support.

So much for daddy's little girl's college dreams.

Good to see the universe still in alignment.

I know how you feel mate, it's like "WTF! I am staring you in the face, and yet you go for that *@#* head?"

Back