Trends that piss you off.

So call the company directly if you feel it is that much of an issue. Don't take your annoyance out on the people just doing their jobs.

Why should I? Why should I waste my time and money phoning some dipshite company who are probably con artists anyway? Besides which the people who call chose that job, no one held a gun to their head AND they are the ones annoying me!. And before you come back that someone only does the job because they are working through college or their mogey is having kittens and needs more money or some other excuse, they are not the only ones who's had it or having it rough. I was out of work for 5 years, not because I was lazy but because there was no work, for every job there were something like 20 applicants, so don't have the audacity to tell me what I should or shouldn't do.

Opa Brit, a suggestion if I may, Opa.

You need to be with "Albert"? (your granddaughter) more often. Left alone, you seemed more grumpy...

But we still love you all the same.:horsie:

Albert is being a noisy little bugger at the moment, as I said before, "Its amazing how much noise (and poo) comes out of something so small."

I'm not alone, I'm chasing Molly around the property trying to catch the little bugger.

Me grumpy? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.:p <------- look I'm smiling

Last edited:
I have to wear an identification badge with my name and photograph on it.
I have a foreign sounding name, so people who actually take time to look at it and read it spot this immediately. I have often had this conversation, in various formats.
“Ooh! That name is not English.”
No its not. Well spotted.
“Where were you born?”
England.
“Really?”
Yes, really. I was born, brought up, educated and I work here.
“Oh, but your name is not English though.”
No its not. My parents are not English, they come from Italy.
Then there is a short pause while they think a little.
“Do you go home often?”
Yes, at the end of every shift.

I have a foreign sounding name, so people who actually take time to look at it and read it spot this immediately. I have often had this conversation, in various formats.
“Where were you born?”
England.
“Really?”
“Do you go home often?”

See in America we don't have that problem, even simple to pronounce names are commonly spelled so strangely that one would think some people are not from this world at all.

For instance, Amy, is spelled Amei.

Or Savanna , is spelled Savanaa.

Or James , is spelled Jaems.

I understand where you are coming from, pixie, truly I do...

What I get pissed about is when they call to tell you that you've won something when you know you've not entered any competition of sorts, then they try to push some product that you do not need- I call that deceitful tactics.

I've had calls from telemarketers who HAVE gone straight to the point of what they try to sell, if it does good for me to purchase it, I will, as I have done on several occasions.

Being a telemarketer is choice. You made your choice and you will deal with whatever comes along.

Believe me when I tell you that I don't enjoy doing these things, but sometimes theres a limit to things that you can tolerate. The funny thing is that even when you tell them you are not interested, in about 2 weeks later, the same guy will call you again!

Now, if that is not frustrating, I really do not know what is...

Viper,

THEY have invaded our computers now. (mine) And if I give them my cell (or someone else's) :evil: . It never ends.:shock: Ignoring is the key.:spam2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEeJE3tzDE"]Electric Company - The Plumber - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
“Where were you born?”
England.
“Really?”
“Do you go home often?”

This... I like... :cheers:

Viper,

THEY have invaded our computers now. (mine) And if I give them my cell (or someone else's) :evil: . It never ends.:shock: Ignoring is the key.

I know, Maam, there is no running away... so you have to deal with it in your own way, I suppose... To me , as long as I do not cause any bodily harm, I find it legitimate to respond in which ever manner I choose. Leave me alone, and I would likewise.

When I do get soliciting e-mails from these fellas, I usually respond by calling them, and giving my "enemies" contact number, and also giving them my "enemies" name of course, naturally...

Lucky for them I have none. Not that I would notice. :lol::lol::lol: Please don't do it. It was a joke, not nice to play like that.

Why should I? Why should I waste my time and money phoning some dipshite company who are probably con artists anyway? Besides which the people who call chose that job, no one held a gun to their head AND they are the ones annoying me!. And before you come back that someone only does the job because they are working through college or their mogey is having kittens and needs more money or some other excuse, they are not the only ones who's had it or having it rough. I was out of work for 5 years, not because I was lazy but because there was no work, for every job there were something like 20 applicants, so don't have the audacity to tell me what I should or shouldn't do.
If in those five years you had an offer to work at a telemarketing company wouldn't you have taken it? I am not trying to seem like these people are having it terribly 'rough,' all I mean is that they have a job, and they have to do that job to get a paycheck. They don't enjoy calling you. I promise. (That isn't to say you aren't a nice person in general, they just don't like you either). :mrgreen:

I understand your frustration with the calls, I was right there with you and everyone else that gets annoyed by these calls until my brother started working as a telemarketer. (How shallow was it of me not to think of the other side prior to this). I just try and have more patience now - and I never!!! ignore the phone call. If you ignore the call chances are you will be put back into the loop and called randomly again and again.

In the end, all I mean to say is that your frustration is misplaced, being angry at the callers. You should be angry with the company, hence why I said call the company directly.

When they screw ya you gotta threaten somebody for your monthly payment for no service with legal action.:cens:
Hahahaha! Yes, well, if a company is screwing you I agree, get grumpy and go to the top ASAP. If I have serious issues with service I don't talk to the general staff anymore. I ask to be transferred to a manager right away. I was on the phone with AT&T for over two hours one day playing around with people that couldn't get their crap together. I will never put up with that again. :confused:

You're not shallow. You're defending your little brother and you should.:smil:

Brit,
You have no choice but to ignore the calls, check your caller id, or do as you are now. Calling the company may help but as you stated earlier, which I knew you would, ;) this is not your cup of tea.

good luck to you, hilarious Brit

Good idea Pixie. I would love to hear that conversation.:smile::lol:
I'll tell you how it would go.

*Ring, Ring, Ring*
*Please Hold, All Our Available Employees Are Working With Customers More Important Than You.*
***Badly recorded elevator music.***
*Please Continue to Hold, You Are Not Nearly As Important As You Think*

10 Minutes Later (30 Minutes if you are calling AT&T)

Hello This is Eesha with company XXX, how may I assist you today?
[Rawr]
Sir, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with XXX. What can I do for you today?
[Rawr, Rawr!]
[Raaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrr]
I'm sorry Mr. Smith, what can I do for you today?
[Raww,rawwrawr RAWWWWWWWR]
Yes sir, of course Mr. Smith, we will take you off our calling lists.
[Rawr]
Yes sir Mr. Smith, thank you and again we are sorry for the inconvenience, have a nice day.
[Meow]
***Press 1 if Satisfied, Press 2 if Dissatisfied.***

God. I really do hate automated and telemarketing systems.

(I hate it, but I have some patience.) :shoothea:

Last edited:
Too funny :-D

The worst? Calling from your home or cell phone to pay bills and you're put on hold listening to recordings. If you do with with a "live" human it will cost extra. Imagine that....haha They'll pay someone to sell, yet not accept the payments. Ironic isn't it?

Why the phone and not computer?
I don't trust this hacked "pop up' "advertising" one month old computer. With all the anti-spyware purchased it hates me still. :crybaby:
I will never pay a bill online. Facebook? ha.. even that's jacked, and we all know it. So let's spread our feelings across the internet ,yet when it comes to our money,, wait.. what money?haha.. anyway.. stay off (my opinion).

Pixie, I understand that you do empathise with your brother being a telemarketer, having to make calls that he do not like, but this is something I do not understand-

Why do something that you detest? Even if we are somehow desperate for a paycheck, doing something that, at the end of the day, would make you miserable, is something you ought to ponder about. It will not make you a better person.

I am sorry if I sound like I looking down on your brother- I am not, really and truthfully...

Like Opa Brit, I was out of a job for about a year and a half, what sustained me (and my family) was doing some private nursing assignments on a adhoc basis. Considering there is a perpetual shortage of hospital employed nurses in Singapore, even my parents could not understand that I was unemployed- I just do not want to do something that I don't enjoy- interacting with people (in this case, patients) the way I want to, without any red tape involved.

I DID contemplate about a telemarketing job- after some consideration, I decided against it...

Last edited:
Brit,
You have no choice but to ignore the calls, check your caller id, or do as you are now. Calling the company may help but as you stated earlier, which I knew you would, ;) this is not your cup of tea.

good luck to you, hilarious Brit

Caller I.D.? We didn't have that in UK in those years, for all I knew they were calling from outer Mongolia (although they didn't have an Outer Mongolian accent as I recall). What annoyed me mostly, my phone number was ex directory, it was never in any phone book, so how did they get hold of it?. However, I thought my response was very tame and restrained, I could have gone off on her like a rabid bunny.

If in those five years you had an offer to work at a telemarketing company wouldn't you have taken it? I am not trying to seem like these people are having it terribly 'rough,' all I mean is that they have a job, and they have to do that job to get a paycheck. They don't enjoy calling you. I promise. (That isn't to say you aren't a nice person in general, they just don't like you either). :mrgreen:

In all honesty Pixie, I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick then take a job as a telemarketer. If I wanted to annoy people for a living, I wouldn't annoy one person at a time I would become a politician and annoy millions.

I understand your frustration with the calls, I was right there with you and everyone else that gets annoyed by these calls until my brother started working as a telemarketer. (How shallow was it of me not to think of the other side prior to this). I just try and have more patience now - and I never!!! ignore the phone call. If you ignore the call chances are you will be put back into the loop and called randomly again and again.

As I said, I thought I was very restrained with her, I could have gotten extremely abusive.

In the end, all I mean to say is that your frustration is misplaced, being angry at the callers. You should be angry with the company, hence why I said call the company directly.

If someone kicks me in the ankle, I'm not going to punch his brother on the nose.

Last edited:
Pixie, I understand that you do empathise with your brother being a telemarketer, having to make calls that he do not like, but this is something I do not understand-

Why do something that you detest? Even if we are somehow desperate for a paycheck, doing something that, at the end of the day, would make you miserable, is something you ought to ponder about. It will not make you a better person....
Agreed, that is why he ended up quitting. He got up higher in the company, and asked if he would be able to stop calling and instead only do the supervising (which he was already doing). They told him no so he quit. Agreed, it's terrible to live doing something you HATE with a passion, but it's hard to find a job where he is. He took the job because it looked good. He was working on par with his University, it was decent pay, and like I mentioned, it's hard to find decent jobs in the U.P. (It took him four months with no work to find another job - and while our parents were able to help him someone with no family support can't just choose to up and quit because 'they don't enjoy' their job).

He gratuadged this may (yay!) and he was able to snag a job in his field for part time...which is huge up there. Almost all of the gratuates go down to lower Michigan or out of the state to find jobs in their field.

If I wanted to annoy people for a living, I wouldn't annoy one person at a time I would become a politician and annoy millions.
...ah, but here is the beauty of telemarketing...you get to spend one-on-one time with your annoyee's. :D

...sorry, I seemed to have gone a bit off the topic. Something that annoys me, this trend of wooshy hair boys and men are getting. The EMO or Justin Biber style. I HATEHATEHATE it and I want to walk up and shave the hair from their head!

Attachments

• hairemo.jpg
    hairemo.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • hairbieber.jpg
    hairbieber.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
He gratuadged this may (yay!) and he was able to snag a job in his field for part time...which is huge up there. Almost all of the gratuates go down to lower Michigan or out of the state to find jobs in their field.

...ah, but here is the beauty of telemarketing...you get to spend one-on-one time with your annoyee's. :D

...sorry, I seemed to have gone a bit off the topic. Something that annoys me, this trend of wooshy hair boys and men are getting. The EMO or Justin Biber style. I HATEHATEHATE it and I want to walk up and shave the hair from their head!

Hell, we all go off the tangent every so often, Pixie, no need to apologise. I am glad your brother found something better for himself.

Speaking of hair, what I don't understand about youngster's hair nowadays- why have the fringe cover the eyes? Have these guys never heard of shades- and for the benefit of the uneducated, I shall even make it simpler to understand- SUNGLASSES! They are much cooler and don't make you look like an idiot- unless you wear them at night (you can call them moonglasses?)

Another trend I noticed among our younder generation is this- the more they wish to be individuals, they more they tend to dress in similarity... or has this been mentioned already?

Hey!! Leave my kid alone..:lol: My youngest looks like" Justin Beber?"and he looks cool in his shades if I do say so myself.

He's a good kid and remember the wonderful 70s?:peace:

My older two kept theirs shaved and designed with cool styles as if tattoos (yet not).This is art for them. Let them be kids and enjoy their youth. The clothes- I completely agree, yet the hair? Who cares as long as you can see their eyes? It's not as if they're in the military (yet).;-)

Does anyone remember the parachute pants in the eighties? :shock:

The gumby style jeans in the nineties?
I've been through two so far and everyone lived through it -much to the eyesore of others, :sorry:
As we all agreed before, the sagging pants is the worst and thank goodness there's a law against it, although it doesn't seem to be enforced very well.

Back