Trends that piss you off.

Life is too short to be pissed off

When has being pissed off ever made you feel better? Think about it. Never. It's a reaction your mind have been conditioned to trigger in response to vile feelings, such as anger, jealousy, and fear. And most of the time we accept this, writing it off as "natural". **** happens. Every second you spend being pissed off about something you can't change is a second you could have spend being happy. How many seconds going on days are you willing to waste being pissed off?

Life is too short to be pissed off

When has being pissed off ever made you feel better? Think about it. Never. It's a reaction your mind have been conditioned to trigger in response to vile feelings, such as anger, jealousy, and fear. And most of the time we accept this, writing it off as "natural". **** happens. Every second you spend being pissed off about something you can't change is a second you could have spend being happy. How many seconds going on days are you willing to waste being pissed off?

Two things I have learned.

One

I've tried the opposite of being pissed off, this physchological term is known as "F#*& IT". Upon entering a "F#$# IT" mentality I am much more prone to making very very bad/ borderline illegal or dangerous behavior.

So sometimes it is benificial to stay in the "pissed off" mental state, for my own personal saftey and the saftey of others / mailboxes/ city buses ect.

Two,

Here is an example of how staying pissed off can help you. ;-)

Example, I get pissed off when someone thinks way too hard on a simple subject that can use a simple yes or no answer. Making complex dialouge out of nothing.

But I will refrain from entering the "F*#( IT" mentality, which may entail me spamming this thread with useless cat calls and provactive comments.

Only to be followed by me drinking a bottle of 90 proof and shooting bottle rockets at the neighbor's bird bath while screaming naked F@*$ THE POLICE!.

Not normally acitivties I would partake in, making a a## of myself and racking up jail time, but when athourities finally did wrestle me in my drunken deliberated state to the ground and bring me in for questioning, they will quickly find I was under the "F#($ IT" mindset because I was not capable of being a little pissed off and handling a small setback in life like a mature adult. :crybaby:

Cheers my friends,

This lesson is now dismissed.

Last edited:
Yo, You need a drink (non alcoholic of course). Serious. Lighten up, your'e a good guy and you know it so be merry.

As I stated, you're very intelligent and know this already.

Last edited:

One

I've tried the opposite of being pissed off, this physchological term is known as "F#*& IT". Upon entering a "F#$# IT" mentality I am much more prone to making very very bad/ borderline illegal or dangerous behavior.

So sometimes it is benificial to stay in the "pissed off" mental state, for my own personal saftey and the saftey of others / mailboxes/ city buses ect.

Two,

Example, I get pissed off when someone thinks way too hard on a simple subject that can use a simple yes or no answer. Making complex dialouge out of nothing.

But I will refrain from entering the "F*#( IT" mentality, which may entail me spamming this thread with useless cat calls and provactive comments.

Only to be followed by me drinking a bottle of 90 proof and shooting bottle rockets at the neighbor's bird bath while screaming naked F@*$ THE POLICE!.

Not normally acitivties I would partake in, making a a## of myself and racking up jail time, but when athourities finally did wrestle me in my drunken deliberated state to the ground and bring me in for questioning, they will quickly find I was under the "F#($ IT" mindset because I was not capable of being a little pissed off and handling a small setback in life like a mature adult. :crybaby:

Cheers my friends,

Sounds like a perfectly acceptable behaviour for a Saturday night but not a Monday.

One

Two,

Cheers my friends,

Negative emotions like anger kick us into survival mode, as if saying to our body, "we are in danger". There is a physiological change that takes place in our body to prepare us for fight or flight.

These physical responses disrupt the natural flow of energy in our body – affecting our heart, immune system, digestion and hormone production. A negative emotion is therefore toxic to the body and interferes with its harmonious functioning and balance. Prolonged anger, stress and holding grudges will hurt our adrenal gland and immune system.

Aren’t your physical and mental health worth more than the mental pressure you are voluntarily piling onto yourself? Is it worth it to react out of spiteful emotions and hurt feelings, so that we might temporarily satisfy our pride? Anger also clouds our judgment and we become consumed with problems and pain. Instead of cutting ourselves loose, free from the self-inflicted pain; we make irrational, unreasonable, regretful and hurtful decisions.

("I've tried the opposite of being pissed off, this physchological term is known as "F#*& IT".")

You're wrong mate. The opposite is the Alternate Story technique.

Every time something happens that starts to get me feeling negative, judgmental, sad or angry, I tell myself an alternate story about what might’ve been going on for the other person.

For example, say a person cuts me off in traffic.
My first response is to think, "Hey, look out, jerk!" And then I could proceed to get mad, feel my adrenaline rise, and start tailgating that car, just to show him he can’t treat me like that.

But before I take any action or speak, I think to myself, is there any other possible reason that guy could’ve made that lane change right in front of me?

…Maybe he’s on the phone hearing news that someone in his family just had to go to the hospital and is totally not paying attention.
…Maybe HE’s trying to get to the hospital because he’s having chest pains.

…Maybe he’s had a horrible day and his wife left him and he’s totally disconnected from anything besides his own pain.
…Maybe he’s just had a bug fly into his eye.
…Maybe he really looked in his mirror and thought he saw no one there.
…Maybe he’s really nervous on the freeway and just made a mistake.
…Or maybe he really is a jerk.

Maybe, but I just can’t know. As you can see from my list of maybes, there’s no way for me to know what’s going on with anybody else as they do whatever it is they’re doing.

(Sure, I may have really good guesses sometimes, but the point of this is this: none of us can EVER know for sure what’s going on with anyone else. Unless we ask them…and sometimes even then, we can’t be sure.)
Going through some alternate stories whenever I feel reactionary helps me to remember that I can’t know what’s up with that other person. And that sometimes my behavior could look just as annoying to someone else, even if I didn’t mean it that way at all.

The power of the Alternate Story technique is that it reconnects me to my compassion, my sense of "oh, yeah, sometimes I do that, too." If I don’t know for sure that he meant to run me off the road, it’s easier for me to allow space in my heart for him.

Try it and see what you think. I’d love to hear your comments!

Exactly, Freyja

With the times the way that they are and the challenges that we face, one needs to focus on the mentally strong part more so than ever. Deployments after deployments gives us no choice.

One must develop a "Warrior Mindset" by taking time to acknowledge and appreciate all the good things in life and recognizing that things in life happen, and one must not dwell on the issue but focus on its resolve to strengthen one’s character, health, and well being. Taking time to look at what you have versus what you don’t have allows for forward momentum and growth. Recognizing that you can’t change the fact that highly stressful events happen , but you can change how you interpret and respond to those events is the key to regaining balance and self control - it is the very definition of a Warrior Mindset. "10% of life is what happens, 90% of life is how you interpret it".

Strengthening your mindset strengthens your focus, which in turn strengthens your physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well being.

I disagree slightly I think if I read that epos right..

Agression and the pissed off feeling must be allowed to coexist with the I can fix it mentality.
Otherwise you risk getting to the point where you can´t make your adrenaline race through your body at will.
You get complacent, and you wither and die.

So alittle pissed off is fine, as long as you can control it and your actions.

KJ sends..

I think we are saying the same KJ, each in our own way.
Controlled aggression is a key element in our profession. I can turn it on and off. After a mission when we are defusing / debriefing, I'm back down to my normal level again very quickly.

But in my civilian life, I don´t bother spending time and energy on being pissed off.

Controlled aggression is a key element in our profession. I can turn it on and off. After a mission when we are defusing / debriefing, I'm back down to my normal level again very quickly.

But in my civilian life, I don´t bother spending time and energy on being pissed off.

Lol I did not mean gritting teeth and having issues angry.

Or going borderline homicidal. You have to let many of the woes others throw on you roll off your back like water if you are to have any appreciation for society.

There not to much for my post. Although I agree with your points, I rarely loose any sleep over some one else's disagreances , let alone pursue some one over it.

But a little disatisfaction can be a good thing at least I found, what better motivator sometimes than to not have things go your way?

Taking the good with the bad, making the best from the worst. It's all we really can do.

I get pissed at ALOT of things in civviesociety.
Not to the point where I act on it obviously as I have worked hard to be here and I don´t want to go back.

I am allready bored out my mind when we get to the debrief in many cases.
I tend to spend the things yawning.

My favourite pet peeve in civvieworld is them gymrats that eats steroids to get big as busses and then spend all their time taking up the weights for people that want to train and GTFO with their day.
Just sitting around on the machines with towels wrapped around their necks that haven´t seen a drop of sweat since the late 80,s.
Preferably a white one that contrasts tres ghey against the solarium tan.
They just sit around yapping with everyone taking up valuable space..
UGH!
Some people are around because it´s illeagal to hurt them..

KJ sends..

My favourite pet peeve in civvieworld is them gymrats that eats steroids to get big as busses and then spend all their time taking up the weights for people that want to train and GTFO with their day.
Just sitting around on the machines with towels wrapped around their necks that haven´t seen a drop of sweat since the late 80,s.
Preferably a white one that contrasts tres ghey against the solarium tan.
They just sit around yapping with everyone taking up valuable space..
UGH!

KJ sends..

Opposite problem persons Stateside.

Over here it's people who never work out and are only there using their free 30 day membership from their job to sit on machines for half an hour confused on if they should try or stop kidding themselves.

The regulars know the routine, where everthing goes, what they are there for, where to kindly stand out of the way of traffic if they see a friend of theirs.

It's strange, yes my gym has the usual over exagerating borderline skin cancer victimized amatuer model wannabees. But it's the people who never stay there who throw their purse/umbrella/ child down on an empty bench as if that's what it is there for that bothers me the most.

Or the unsanitary people who scratch their crotches pick their nose and don't wipe the bench down.

Cellulitis anyone?

I don't go to impress anyone, but I go because it's my routine, and to unwind, then as you said "GTFO" and get on with my morning.

And no I don't leave angry, just shaking my head in dissapointment.

Last edited:
:confused:Shaking head in disappointment?
Many of us wouldn't go to those stinky gyms where all the bacteria and sweat is sitting there waiting to infect our 'perfect' bods.

A nice walk through the natural beauty of our parks, lifting your own weights at home, there are limitless ways to keep your body in shape without joining a sesspull of fungi..

Oh yes,, things which piss off.

The fake commercials selling "before and after" ... :lol:

Last edited:
:confused:Shaking head in disappointment?
Many of us wouldn't go to those stinky gyms where all the bacteria and sweat is sitting there waiting to infect our 'perfect' bods.:wink:

Oh yes,, things which piss off.

The fake commercials selling "before and after" ... :lol:

I am not perfect Ma'am. Lol it's really just habbit, and whatever happens to my body is just side effect.

I do run thank you very much, have a 1.1 mile track 5 mins run from my house. ;-)

I normally do so to supplement days I choose not to stay long at the gym, even there I will never take my shirt off or try to "say it with my chest" there, to me just another relaxer.

And do not challenge my respect for nature, something everyone of us are part of.

Of course a lady never judges? ;-) Lol.

And some food for thought for your other comment.

post.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, YO, I was trying to go back to delete a small portion yet you get there before and quote.. what??? :lol::lol:

I didn't notice the routine comment. I'm glad you enjoy it, and pretty sure you're reaping the benefits. :type:

Too funny.

Another "trend"?.. Our computers freezing, slowing down for all the "viruses" spreading through our machines of communication. Question: Will there ever be an immunization for this terrible disease? Or shall the anti-viral software continue to benefit from this?
The bacteria spreading over the internet seems to be making us all feel a little grumpy and sick. Have you noticed a sneeze after a 'pop up'?:smile: My computer is brand new yet still, "five thousand viruses "Ma'am"..:shoothea:

Last edited:
I feel someone pushing my feet.. or at my heals?? lol

Wow, YO, I was trying to go back a delete a small portion yet you get there before and quote.. what??? :lol::lol:

I didn't notice the routine comment. I'm glad you enjoy it, and pretty sure you're reaping the benefits. :type:

Too funny.

I fill a unique and special role on the forum, although not as crucial as other members, I do have a job to do.:thumb:

Quote me again.. I like seeing it.. :shock::lol::lol:'

Resistance Leader... I see that.:brave:

Good job Yo. :bravo:

Last edited:
We all know what happens with targets don't we? OK.

Trends ..

All the cars which look just alike on the roads. So many, no wonder there are accidents happening every second?.. Maybe you know the answer to that statistic. :lol: So please don't quote me here. :roll:... Not again. :smil:

We all know what happens with targets don't we? OK.

Trends ..

All the cars which look just alike on the roads. So many, no wonder there are accidents happening every second?.. Maybe you know the answer to that statistic. :lol: So please don't quote me here. :roll:... Not again. :smil:

I promise not to qoute anymore...Starting now!.

And you are right, I know at least four other vehicles around my are who have almost identical apperances.

Great thing it's not the same for people.

Back