Trends that piss you off. - Page 5

--
Boots

May 17th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
People putting on fake accents or talk using "Gansta" speak wind me up.

Went to a white European lad who had been assaulted.
I asked what happened and I was told:

"He dissed ma *****. So I goes to him to get some respect but him and is blood slap me up. I gonna shank da...... etc etc."

His mobile rang and he then answered "Oh father! It was awful! I've been assaulted. The Paramedics are here now and I may need to go to hospital."

I asked, again for an explanation as to what had happened, but in real English please.
You should have smacked him in the head- sometimes people who suffer head trauma do have speech impediment...
May 17th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Yup, probably this is what I sound after visiting Scotland- "I'm taking a boos to the poob..."
lol If you visit Scotland you will come home grunting.
May 17th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I heard, the Scottish accent is actually English, but if you add a whole bottle of whisky you get the Scottish accent, the same phenomena occur with the Irish.
--
Boots
May 17th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
Another example of "gangsta speak" I heard recently was when a distraught young man explained to his friend
"Da poo poos ave taken ma skate!"
Translates to: "Those law enforcement chaps have confiscated one's automobile".

I worked a place once where a majority of the people there have convictions on their records hence why they could almost only work there , who did not even speak like this.

The cool "thug life" visage I guess wore off during their years in prison.

Which I found surprising.
May 17th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica

Ayyyyeee...!
May 17th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I heard, the Scottish accent is actually English, but if you add a whole bottle of whisky you get the Scottish accent, the same phenomena occur with the Irish.

Ahhhh, me ol matey... It depends on the amount of alcohol in the drink, I see....

Jolly good!
May 18th, 2012  
r.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSteliga
You're certainly not the last person. I can't stand texting in 'short form'.
full english makes texting far easier to understand. although i do hate it when predictieve text changes the word and you dont notice so you send a message like
" ok. im shaking u up from u.
tony"

quote from a text mum sent me. it came up on my screen like that. u stands for uncle, i didnt realise that.
May 18th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.fox
full english makes texting far easier to understand. although i do hate it when predictieve text changes the word and you dont notice so you send a message like
" ok. im shaking u up from u.
tony"

quote from a text mum sent me. it came up on my screen like that. u stands for uncle, i didnt realise that.

Don't text while driving.
May 18th, 2012  
Sara

Your cell phone calling someone without permission. You never know what the person on the other end is listening to or how long.
May 18th, 2012  
jillyz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetSarah
Your cell phone calling someone without permission. You never know what the person on the other end is listening to or how long.
Is that what's known as "butt dialing", Sarah?