Trends that piss you off.

People who deliberately mangle the English language because they think it's cute or cool to do so....

In order to operate an electronic device - a computer, phone, Ipad, whatever - you need a certain level of literacy and articulation.

But why, oh why, do people feel the need, once they've logged on to the net, to become snivelling monosyllabic ****tards?

Wut? U jus cRaZee! U r jus hella nutz!

There are few things in life that irk me more than this deliberate, calculated bastardization of our language.

Last edited:
Oh gosh. I think Lunatik is right with you there.

I can't help it, I am the same way.

Us women want to get to the point, but we want to share the story of getting to the point first.

We don't mean to drive you crazy. :oops:

To quote Sgt. Joe Friday of Dragnet fame, "Just the facts, Maam" is all we really want.

(The interesting thing is that even though that quote is attributed to his character he never actually said it).

Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
Oh gosh. I think Lunatik is right with you there.

I can't help it, I am the same way.

Us women want to get to the point, but we want to share the story of getting to the point first.

We don't mean to drive you crazy. :oops:

This is why tomboys are fun. They understand guyspeak, and how to speak it. They're much easier to deal with than the typical girly-girl.;)

So that put you in a place where you.....never mind!

What about people when they are not doing what they are saying, or when they don't do what they are paid to do, I dislike that a lot.

war documenties about the Battle of gallipoli, or about VC winners and there all about ****** Australians

war documenties about the Battle of gallipoli, or about VC winners and there all about ****** Australians
That's odd because I always see ones about "The ANZACs".

But taking into account there were more than three times as many Australians as Kiwis there it's not really surprising that you see more Australians. I've never seen or heard anyone belittle the part played by New Zealand in this battle or any subsequent actions.

If anyone has a legitimate *****, it would have to be the French, who had over 27,000 men there, and I must say they do rarely get a mention.

Texting in short form. Sometimes it's not a big deal, but when it is every single word it drives me bonkers.

Also, I am getting annoyed with the "Dear Life, Dear Car, Dear Shoe" sort of letters that people write.
(i.e.
Dear Car,
Tomorrow do you think you could not have a flat tire?
Love,
Me)

Which also brings me to another HUGE trend annoyance. People that talk. In Short Sentences. Or. Like. Even words. For everything. Seriously.

Here and there I like that and it brings a fresh, fun way of reading emotions, but for Christ's sake I'm so tired of seeing it for. Every. Thing.

(And I'll just put here and now, I hate Facebook games, and generally everything that I don't want to see. I just want to put up cute pictures of my baby and go (nicely) stalk some of my friends. I don't want to feed a freaking cow.)

:D:D:D

I have a few also... hahaha, but they can wait for tomorrow.

This is funny Pixie. Wow, we all have our gripes don't we?

Mine would fill this page right now. The computer has made me tired tonight with the freezing. It's time to get another "geek" in here. Who knows? Maybe I'll wake up in the morning and all will be well again.;)

Last edited:
I've got a couple that haven't been covered yet, such as:

1. Explaining at the top of their lungs the upcoming scene in the movie in a crowded theater.

2. Taking a perfectly decent car and covering it with tacky, plasti-chrome, non-functional vents/air scoops.

3. People who weave in and out of interstate traffic at 80mph+ like it's the final lap of the Indy 500.

4. Driving in the right hand lane with the left turn signal on for 5 miles and then taking the right hand off ramp.
(I clearly spend too much time in my car)

Number 1-- on the flip side of this (which I should start a new thread on things you love and make you laugh) You're in the movie theatre and there's always one guy who laughs before anyone else, or even the only one laughing. This gets the whole crowd going. These are the good ones.

I hear you! I've never seen traffic like we have here in Houston. The people drive like bats out of hell...bats with broken sonar radar.

Like on foggy mornings passing on a doulbe line?

Or racing the yellow light at the intersection only to get caught with red and stopping in the middle of a four way then trying to back up into the turning lane full of traffic already?

My theory people who have never been in a accident do not fear consequence and drive as they please, until they either face the cost of an accident or the injury.

The later is the more pre dominant influence on driving saftely. You would think childeren's saftey would influence driving patterns but I have people blow by me at 75 mph all the time with kids in the car.

No body cares anymore.

I hear you! I've never seen traffic like we have here in Houston. The people drive like bats out of hell...bats with broken sonar radar.
I know that it's nearly 40 years since I was in the States for any time, but my opinion of drivers there was excellent.

Of course you had traffic and road systems, the likes of which I'd never seen before, but as a very cautious "furriner" I found your drivers to be very considerate and competent.

Perhaps they realised I was a "hillbilly" and decided to give me a wide berth?

I've been to Houston a few times and the stop in SanAntonio, while well worth the visit, was unbelievable as far as driving. The highways there remind me of Dallas yet a little more complicated. The loop which goes around the whole city, I wonder how many times I've been around it. lol
Yet my son navigated while there and we had the best time. :p

If you think that Houston traffic is bad, do not try driving around the D.C. metro area. Take equal parts bad drivers and continuous road construction, toss into a blender, and serve!

That's odd because I always see ones about "The ANZACs".

But taking into account there were more than three times as many Australians as Kiwis there it's not really surprising that you see more Australians. I've never seen or heard anyone belittle the part played by New Zealand in this battle or any subsequent actions.

If anyone has a legitimate *****, it would have to be the French, who had over 27,000 men there, and I must say they do rarely get a mention.

probably, but i only see the ones that are made in Australia and although we are mentioned, not much is really made of it. it was basically me just being a dick. that`s true about the French unfortunately which sucks because of the effort they put in.

Back