Trends that piss you off.

People putting on fake accents or talk using "Gansta" speak wind me up.

Went to a white European lad who had been assaulted.
I asked what happened and I was told:

"He dissed ma *****. So I goes to him to get some respect but him and is blood slap me up. I gonna shank da...... etc etc."

His mobile rang and he then answered "Oh father! It was awful! I've been assaulted. The Paramedics are here now and I may need to go to hospital."

I asked, again for an explanation as to what had happened, but in real English please.

You should have smacked him in the head- sometimes people who suffer head trauma do have speech impediment...:shock:

Another example of "gangsta speak" I heard recently was when a distraught young man explained to his friend
"Da poo poos ave taken ma skate!"
Translates to: "Those law enforcement chaps have confiscated one's automobile".:lol:

I worked a place once where a majority of the people there have convictions on their records hence why they could almost only work there , who did not even speak like this.

The cool "thug life" visage I guess wore off during their years in prison.

Which I found surprising.

I heard, the Scottish accent is actually English, but if you add a whole bottle of whisky you get the Scottish accent, the same phenomena occur with the Irish.

Ahhhh, me ol matey... It depends on the amount of alcohol in the drink, I see....

Jolly good!:cheers:

You're certainly not the last person. I can't stand texting in 'short form'.

full english makes texting far easier to understand. although i do hate it when predictieve text changes the word and you dont notice so you send a message like
" ok. im shaking u up from u.
tony"

quote from a text mum sent me. it came up on my screen like that. u stands for uncle, i didnt realise that.

full english makes texting far easier to understand. although i do hate it when predictieve text changes the word and you dont notice so you send a message like
" ok. im shaking u up from u.
tony"

quote from a text mum sent me. it came up on my screen like that. u stands for uncle, i didnt realise that.

Don't text while driving.

:mrgreen::mrgreen:Your cell phone calling someone without permission. You never know what the person on the other end is listening to or how long.

I heard, the Scottish accent is actually English, but if you add a whole bottle of whisky you get the Scottish accent, the same phenomena occur with the Irish.

In Germany many years ago, I led a section of trucks loaded with stores to a Scottish Regiment location, on arrival I asked a Jock where the CP was, I didn't understand a word he said and he was sober!

If you want to empty crowded a pub in Scotland, open the door and shout, "JOCK IT'S YOUR TURN TO BUY THE BEERS." Then stand back out of the way, otherwise you will be killed in the rush as they fight to get out.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
In Germany many years ago, I led a section of trucks loaded with stores to a Scottish Regiment location, on arrival I asked a Jock where the CP was, I didn't understand a word he said and he was sober!

If you want to empty crowded a pub in Scotland, open the door and shout, "JOCK IT'S YOUR TURN TO BUY THE BEERS." Then stand back out of the way, otherwise you will be killed in the rush as they fight to get out.:mrgreen:

Are you sure he was sober? Another explanation might be; he had grown up around drunks so he sounded like one. These stereotypes are funny, I will try to do that if I am in Scotland, however, the ability to use other languages increase when you consume alcohol, I am even able to speak German when I am drunk, or at least I believe so anyway, really drunk; then French will work as well.
This was a bit off topic, but what annoys me is; when people are telling me something but it takes them forever to reach their point.

One thing that I witnessed today that utterly without fail saps all my confidience left in humanity is this.

When you walk up to the grocery store and see a childeren's charaity organization taking donations, reach in your pocket and muster a few ones for the cause on a beautiful warm summer afternoon, birds chirping, childeren laughing, all is right in the world.

And then a idiot with huge woofers in his trunk rolls slowly by blarring music along the lines of.

"a## a## a## a## now where ma mot####****ing money h**?"

This was a bit off topic, but what annoys me is; when people are telling me something but it takes them forever to reach their point.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

My missus does that, drives me bloody bonkers. I keep telling her, "Get to the point, GET TO THE FREAKING POINT!!!!"

My missus does that, drives me bloody bonkers. I keep telling her, "Get to the point, GET TO THE FREAKING POINT!!!!"
Oh gosh. I think Lunatik is right with you there.

I can't help it, I am the same way.

Us women want to get to the point, but we want to share the story of getting to the point first.

We don't mean to drive you crazy. :oops:

Oh gosh. I think Lunatik is right with you there.

I can't help it, I am the same way.

Us women want to get to the point, but we want to share the story of getting to the point first.

We don't mean to drive you crazy. :oops:

Of course you don't mean to drive us crazy, driving blokes crazy is in a womans gene's, it just comes naturally.:wink:

Back