Trends that piss you off. - Page 24

--
Trends that piss you off.

June 20th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAngel
...I dont understand why my generation likes to wear baggy pants and have it basically off their arse...it just doesnt make any sense to me! o_o
You see, friend, that is the thing... you don't see it, we do...

Honestly, sometimes... I'd rather be looking at photos of the Grand Canyon instead of someones crack..
June 20th, 2012  
MatthewAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
You see, friend, that is the thing... you don't see it, we do...

Honestly, sometimes... I'd rather be looking at photos of the Grand Canyon instead of someones crack..
Or Niagara Falls lol
June 20th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAngel
Or Niagara Falls lol

Or the Niagara Falls...
--
June 21st, 2012  
Sara

Xbox game systems are 'updated" every eighteen mths or so it seems with something slightly better which will cost twice as much. This has gotten to be something I've put a stop to after the first two upgrades. Now we're at xbox 360. Another name for this game.

One more,
Facebook may or may not be a trend but the only problem with it is the young teenagers spilling out information on the web , not realizing or not caring that it may come back to haunt them. The young men put anything they want to say and the young girls who respond are more than you might expect at that age. If I had a daughter I wouldn't let her have one or it would be monitored.
June 21st, 2012  
Yossarian

"Xbox game systems are 'updated" every eighteen mths or so it seems with something slightly better which will cost twice as much. This has gotten to be something I've put a stop to after the first two upgrades. Now we're at xbox 360. Another name for this game."

First model was I believe 2001-2005. ( The old one that looks like a VCR)

Second platform the 360 was 2005 through projected 2014 (Talk about getting your money's worth).

The marketing strategy here is that even though new variations of the 360 console was released, it's the same exact thing in terms of what it can do, save for build in wireless of the new slim models.

Releasing very expensive new generations so quickly, console manufactuer's have found this practice may in the long run affect sales by disuading buyers to buy new consoles and hold on to their old ones for longer...

So they decided to put much more longevity in their current lineup. Which price wise is a third of what it was when they were released, and you can get a helluva lot more, very hard to find these traits in other market genres.

Meaning different variations of the same exact console. ( Think about a standard sedan, then a sport model being released a few years later.)

In all actually being on the same console , if you still have a 360 console from 2005, all you would have do to is let if automatically update and it will do every thing that one that you can buy brand new today, everything, all you may need is the external wireless adapter if you choose to connect via that option.

This is rather impressive, considering that with phones and PC's manufuacurer's love to shove the fact that somthing new comes out every few month's or so down consumers throats.

Microsoft still using the same platform for close to 10 years, yes the 360 is projected to be supported for a decade, is unheard of in terms of the industry.

Sony is projected to do the same for their PS3. Talk about breaking the status qou.

So in all in all, the 360 is very very old in terms of the technological terms, but the way it's manufacturer has supported it rather unheard of.

For once in my life I can honestly say, kudos to Microsoft.

But honestly what pisses me off is their phone support...never call their phone support....EVER.
June 21st, 2012  
Chief Bones

Topic: Another trend ...

Another trend that po's me, is the trend where the closer we get to an election, the political ad calls increase exponentially and the quotes and claims get even more outrageous.
June 21st, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
Another trend that po's me, is the trend where the closer we get to an election, the political ad calls increase exponentially and the quotes and claims get even more outrageous.

"During a campaign, the air is full of speeches—and vice versa”
June 22nd, 2012  
Sara

Quote:

It's gotten so ourtageous that I've laughed and turned the set off. The accusations have gone further and more like kids throwing insults. It's sad yet to see is comically is the only way sometimes. "throwing a kid down and cutting his hair,,, daffy duck and his 'is it a real birth cerificiate?' I can't remember the last comment by the Obama campaign as it must have been too far out there for me to take seriously now. It seems they're more into slinging insultes than letting the people know of their policies.
Trend? I don't know, seems more like an every four year show we see which is worse this year.
June 22nd, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
It's gotten so ourtageous that I've laughed and turned the set off. The accusations have gone further and more like kids throwing insults. It's sad yet to see is comically is the only way sometimes. "throwing a kid down and cutting his hair,,, daffy duck and his 'is it a real birth cerificiate?' I can't remember the last comment by the Obama campaign as it must have been too far out there for me to take seriously now. It seems they're more into slinging insultes than letting the people know of their policies.
Trend? I don't know, seems more like an every four year show we see which is worse this year.

Call me naive, but I wanna really peek up the skirts of who is paying for who's campagin, and see what industry has what lobbyists rubbing who's shoulder in Congress.

THATs where the magic of misfortune happens, THATs where I would wanna be with my pen and pad.

We can shoot critisism at the front guys all day wrong, but our woes are much deeper than that.

I want names.
June 24th, 2012  
Imakuni

Quote:
Tell me about it!!! here in Mexico we get politic-related info, commercials, propaganda, debate, etc. 24/7, EVERYTHING is about the presidential election... fortunately just a week to gomand it'll be FINALLY over!!!!