Trends that piss you off. - Page 18

--
Trends that piss you off.

June 6th, 2012  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Good idea Pixie. I would love to hear that conversation.
I'll tell you how it would go.

*Ring, Ring, Ring*
*Please Hold, All Our Available Employees Are Working With Customers More Important Than You.*
***Badly recorded elevator music.***
*Please Continue to Hold, You Are Not Nearly As Important As You Think*

10 Minutes Later (30 Minutes if you are calling AT&T)

Hello This is Eesha with company XXX, how may I assist you today?
[Rawr]
Sir, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with XXX. What can I do for you today?
[Rawr, Rawr!]
[Raaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrr]
I'm sorry Mr. Smith, what can I do for you today?
[Raww,rawwrawr RAWWWWWWWR]
Yes sir, of course Mr. Smith, we will take you off our calling lists.
[Rawr]
Yes sir Mr. Smith, thank you and again we are sorry for the inconvenience, have a nice day.
[Meow]
***Press 1 if Satisfied, Press 2 if Dissatisfied.***

God. I really do hate automated and telemarketing systems.

(I hate it, but I have some patience.)
June 6th, 2012  
Sara

Too funny

The worst? Calling from your home or cell phone to pay bills and you're put on hold listening to recordings. If you do with with a "live" human it will cost extra. Imagine that....haha They'll pay someone to sell, yet not accept the payments. Ironic isn't it?

Why the phone and not computer?
I don't trust this hacked "pop up' "advertising" one month old computer. With all the anti-spyware purchased it hates me still.
I will never pay a bill online. Facebook? ha.. even that's jacked, and we all know it. So let's spread our feelings across the internet ,yet when it comes to our money,, wait.. what money?haha.. anyway.. stay off (my opinion).
June 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Lucky for them I have none. Not that I would notice. Please don't do it. It was a joke, not nice to play like that.
Very well, Madam, I shall follow your wise advice...
--
June 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Pixie, I understand that you do empathise with your brother being a telemarketer, having to make calls that he do not like, but this is something I do not understand-

Why do something that you detest? Even if we are somehow desperate for a paycheck, doing something that, at the end of the day, would make you miserable, is something you ought to ponder about. It will not make you a better person.

I am sorry if I sound like I looking down on your brother- I am not, really and truthfully...

Like Opa Brit, I was out of a job for about a year and a half, what sustained me (and my family) was doing some private nursing assignments on a adhoc basis. Considering there is a perpetual shortage of hospital employed nurses in Singapore, even my parents could not understand that I was unemployed- I just do not want to do something that I don't enjoy- interacting with people (in this case, patients) the way I want to, without any red tape involved.

I DID contemplate about a telemarketing job- after some consideration, I decided against it...
June 6th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Brit,
You have no choice but to ignore the calls, check your caller id, or do as you are now. Calling the company may help but as you stated earlier, which I knew you would, this is not your cup of tea.

good luck to you, hilarious Brit
Caller I.D.? We didn't have that in UK in those years, for all I knew they were calling from outer Mongolia (although they didn't have an Outer Mongolian accent as I recall). What annoyed me mostly, my phone number was ex directory, it was never in any phone book, so how did they get hold of it?. However, I thought my response was very tame and restrained, I could have gone off on her like a rabid bunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
If in those five years you had an offer to work at a telemarketing company wouldn't you have taken it? I am not trying to seem like these people are having it terribly 'rough,' all I mean is that they have a job, and they have to do that job to get a paycheck. They don't enjoy calling you. I promise. (That isn't to say you aren't a nice person in general, they just don't like you either).
In all honesty Pixie, I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick then take a job as a telemarketer. If I wanted to annoy people for a living, I wouldn't annoy one person at a time I would become a politician and annoy millions.

Quote:
I understand your frustration with the calls, I was right there with you and everyone else that gets annoyed by these calls until my brother started working as a telemarketer. (How shallow was it of me not to think of the other side prior to this). I just try and have more patience now - and I never!!! ignore the phone call. If you ignore the call chances are you will be put back into the loop and called randomly again and again.
As I said, I thought I was very restrained with her, I could have gotten extremely abusive.

Quote:
In the end, all I mean to say is that your frustration is misplaced, being angry at the callers. You should be angry with the company, hence why I said call the company directly.
If someone kicks me in the ankle, I'm not going to punch his brother on the nose.
June 6th, 2012  
lolwhassup

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Well, as Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick!"...
I believe that was what Theodore Roosevelt said when he was bullying around the Latin American countries.
June 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwhassup
I believe that was what Theodore Roosevelt said when he was bullying around the Latin American countries.

I believe so, too, upon reflection...
June 6th, 2012  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Pixie, I understand that you do empathise with your brother being a telemarketer, having to make calls that he do not like, but this is something I do not understand-

Why do something that you detest? Even if we are somehow desperate for a paycheck, doing something that, at the end of the day, would make you miserable, is something you ought to ponder about. It will not make you a better person....
Agreed, that is why he ended up quitting. He got up higher in the company, and asked if he would be able to stop calling and instead only do the supervising (which he was already doing). They told him no so he quit. Agreed, it's terrible to live doing something you HATE with a passion, but it's hard to find a job where he is. He took the job because it looked good. He was working on par with his University, it was decent pay, and like I mentioned, it's hard to find decent jobs in the U.P. (It took him four months with no work to find another job - and while our parents were able to help him someone with no family support can't just choose to up and quit because 'they don't enjoy' their job).

He gratuadged this may (yay!) and he was able to snag a job in his field for part time...which is huge up there. Almost all of the gratuates go down to lower Michigan or out of the state to find jobs in their field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
If I wanted to annoy people for a living, I wouldn't annoy one person at a time I would become a politician and annoy millions.
...ah, but here is the beauty of telemarketing...you get to spend one-on-one time with your annoyee's.

...sorry, I seemed to have gone a bit off the topic. Something that annoys me, this trend of wooshy hair boys and men are getting. The EMO or Justin Biber style. I HATEHATEHATE it and I want to walk up and shave the hair from their head!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hairemo.jpg (34.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg hairbieber.jpg (77.2 KB, 0 views)
June 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
He gratuadged this may (yay!) and he was able to snag a job in his field for part time...which is huge up there. Almost all of the gratuates go down to lower Michigan or out of the state to find jobs in their field.

...ah, but here is the beauty of telemarketing...you get to spend one-on-one time with your annoyee's.

...sorry, I seemed to have gone a bit off the topic. Something that annoys me, this trend of wooshy hair boys and men are getting. The EMO or Justin Biber style. I HATEHATEHATE it and I want to walk up and shave the hair from their head!

Hell, we all go off the tangent every so often, Pixie, no need to apologise. I am glad your brother found something better for himself.

Speaking of hair, what I don't understand about youngster's hair nowadays- why have the fringe cover the eyes? Have these guys never heard of shades- and for the benefit of the uneducated, I shall even make it simpler to understand- SUNGLASSES! They are much cooler and don't make you look like an idiot- unless you wear them at night (you can call them moonglasses?)

Another trend I noticed among our younder generation is this- the more they wish to be individuals, they more they tend to dress in similarity... or has this been mentioned already?
June 7th, 2012  
Sara

Hey!! Leave my kid alone.. My youngest looks like" Justin Beber?"and he looks cool in his shades if I do say so myself.

He's a good kid and remember the wonderful 70s?

My older two kept theirs shaved and designed with cool styles as if tattoos (yet not).This is art for them. Let them be kids and enjoy their youth. The clothes- I completely agree, yet the hair? Who cares as long as you can see their eyes? It's not as if they're in the military (yet).

Does anyone remember the parachute pants in the eighties?

The gumby style jeans in the nineties?
I've been through two so far and everyone lived through it -much to the eyesore of others,
As we all agreed before, the sagging pants is the worst and thank goodness there's a law against it, although it doesn't seem to be enforced very well.