Trends that piss you off. - Page 16

--
Trends that piss you off.

June 4th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
These people are trespassers there is no need to speak softly.
But carry a big stick anyway and beat the crap out of them. I REALLY love bullies.
June 4th, 2012  
Freyja

Thank God that we in Denmark has a law against telemarketing. Its not allowed to call people without their own consent and door to door selling is also prohibited.

Reality shows - personally I hate them like the plague.

Latest hit is all these chefs / food shows and they're on all channels and its broadly the same **** all the way through. And all the dating shows are only designed to make people see the participants as fools and make fun of them.

I detest these programs ..
But its actually a problem .. for every time someone says:
Did you see XXX - she was just so stupid in XXX yesterday ...
Then I answer NO - because I've never seen it ... and when I ask, have you seen the broadcast on the earthquake in Haiti? Then they say, My God! there have been an earthquake?

Well excuse me .. I get angry at the mere thought.
June 4th, 2012  
MontyB

I agree I can not even be bothered watching any of the so called "reality" shows, I was thinking about how much money is wasted each year in developing idiotic shows about flash in the pan "celebrities" which was triggered as walked past a TV showing celebrity horoscopes.

I guess that shows how screwed up our priorities really are.
--
June 4th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I agree I can not even be bothered watching any of the so called "reality" shows, I was thinking about how much money is wasted each year in developing idiotic shows about flash in the pan "celebrities" which was triggered as walked past a TV showing celebrity horoscopes.

I guess that shows how screwed up our priorities really are.
I love watching one of these:

Do it all the time.

And there is a new line up everyday, also if I want to re watch what was on last the day before.

I can just go back through yesterday's line up as well.
June 4th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja
Thank God that we in Denmark has a law against telemarketing. Its not allowed to call people without their own consent and door to door selling is also prohibited.

Latest hit is all these chefs / food shows and they're on all channels and its broadly the same **** all the way through. And all the dating shows are only designed to make people see the participants as fools and make fun of them.

Then I answer NO - because I've never seen it ... and when I ask, have you seen the broadcast on the earthquake in Haiti? Then they say, My God! there have been an earthquake?

Calm down to a mild panic young lady and take a deep breath.

I was watching one last night hosted by Mike Brewer, he did a follow up on Chinook "Bravo November" and her career from the Falklands right through to Afghanistan where she was nearly shot down after picking up casualties. The pilot got a round in the face but managed to get her back and landed safely, then it was found that the hydraulics were down. Mike Brewer followed her when Bravo November went back to UK for modifications to a digital cockpit and basically rebuilt to new standard with more powerful engines and other kit.

The pilot was awarded the DFC.
June 4th, 2012  
Freyja

Have also seen it, great.
Granted, there are some programs that are worth seeing.
June 4th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja

Well, as Opa Brit said, and I will repeat it again, a little bit more tenderly, of course- "Calm down, you are good hands, I am a trained nurse who will take good care of you, dear... Now, tell me clearly, who do you want me to terminate with extreme prejudice?" (of course, this is said with a great big, loving smile... naturally...)

Reality shows- the only reality show I know of are those that I watch on the nine o'clock news...
June 4th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
But carry a big stick anyway and beat the crap out of them. I REALLY love bullies.
Opa Brit, a suggestion if I may, Opa.

You need to be with "Albert"? (your granddaughter) more often. Left alone, you seemed more grumpy...

But we still love you all the same.
June 4th, 2012  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Sorry I don't agree Pixie, telemarketing in my opinion is an invasion of my privacy, if I wanted to buy anything I go shopping, I don't expect anyone to phone me at home offering all kinds of crap. I also get highly annoyed with door to door sales people coming to my home trying to sell me substandard goods, the same applies to Jehovah Witness's and mormons. If I wanted to pray I'd go to church.
So call the company directly if you feel it is that much of an issue. Don't take your annoyance out on the people just doing their jobs.
June 4th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
So call the company directly if you feel it is that much of an issue. Don't take your annoyance out on the people just doing their jobs.

When they screw ya you gotta threaten somebody for your monthly payment for no service with legal action.