Trends that piss you off.

Quite a lot. Have been on lots of patrols with you chaps.

Actually quite true, Freyja...

I have actually advised a lot of my female friends to marry someone in the service- they are trained, disciplined, and focused...

They make their own beds, they can survive without much supervision, and you know what is the best thing of all- they carry out your instructions without any argument...

Actually quite true, Freyja...

I have actually advised a lot of my female friends to marry someone in the service- they are trained, disciplined, and focused...

They make their own beds, they can survive without much supervision, and you know what is the best thing of all- they carry out your instructions without any argument...

If your female friends ever met me they would call you bonkers.

I make my own bed? Carry out instructions? Viper you need help from a Pukka chauvinist.

If your female friends ever met me they would call you bonkers.

I make my own bed? Carry out instructions? Viper you need help from a Pukka chauvinist.

Bonkers are usually the polite term they would use for me, Opa Brit...

Why you think I decided to be a civilian?- taking instructions have never been my strongpoint, Opa Brit.

Pukka chauvinist?- sounds kinky...:oops::oops:

Now you know how I feel.[/QUOTE

At your age you have no need to worry of time flying by, believe me. Although it does fly by quickly, these are your best learning experiences. Hold onto them and have no worries of this time going by too quickly, you'll have plenty of it later. "time" only a clock which reminds us of our appointments and to look in the mirror every so often to see how well our bodies are adapting. :lol:

Now you know how I feel.[/QUOTE

At your age you have no need to worry of time flying by, believe me. Although it does fly by quickly, these are your best learning experiences. Hold onto them and have no worries of this time going by too quickly, you'll have plenty of it later. "time" only a clock which reminds us of our appointments and to look in the mirror every so often to see how well our bodies are adapting. :lol:

If only you held a ticket into the persona of my mind, and you would quickly understand how I believe someone long since past thier expiration date has inherited this new body. lol

This is a funny thread, so I'm bumping it up and adding...:smile:

Latest trend that's beginning to bug the.. out of me is the way everyone is communicating ONLY through face book nowadays..OCCASIONALLY OK BUT EXCLUSIVELY?? :shock: What pisses me off the most is that they don't seem to know how to communicate unless it's through a text or message on the cell ...Bleep.. bleep.. every time someone "likes" something or has a comment .. :shoothea:

a trend??? we'll see...

I AGREE

I'm with you Sara. I was an electrical engineer yet I hate all this nonsense. I like my cell phone to for phone calls not texting, my email for emails, not Facebook. Although to participate in some groups you are forced to resort to Facebook, etc. Guess I'm getting old and stubborn.

I've been feeling that way a lot lately because of the technology available which I'm not interested...:type:(while typing on laptop):lol: oh well....

How many times have I walked out of a room and, within minutes, someone I just saw in the flesh sends a text?.. it's fudging unbelievable.:-x

Last edited:
I've been feeling that way a lot lately because of the technology available which I'm not interested...:type:(while typing on laptop):lol: oh well....

How many times have I walked out of a room and, within minutes, someone I just saw in flesh sends a text?.. it's fudging unbelievable.:-x

If I see a friend of my step son text while in front of me, while talking to me, I will leave the room. Screw that! Unbelievable!

This is a funny thread, so I'm bumping it up and adding...:smile:

Latest trend that's beginning to bug the.. out of me is the way everyone is communicating ONLY through face book nowadays..OCCASIONALLY OK BUT EXCLUSIVELY?? :shock: What pisses me off the most is that they don't seem to know how to communicate unless it's through a text or message on the cell ...Bleep.. bleep.. every time someone "likes" something or has a comment .. :shoothea:

a trend??? we'll see...

Facebook is fine for a while. But I like the "old fashioned "way of communication... talking on the phone. Now I do text my daughter. Without that, probably wouldn't get to " talk" to her sometimes.: (
Letters too!

Sagging jeans where they are showing their ##. and the wide wheels too big for the cars, and bass which booms so loud you can feel it vibrating your own windows.

I laughed so loud at this one! These kids probably don't even have the the foggiest where the baggy ass jeans thing started to begin with!
Parked, in my driveway, with the windows rolled up I was cranking tunes...some Ziggy. From the vibration, a dragonfly was zooming around the window. Watched it for a while, blue and purple it was.

Yakking loudly while using the mobile phone, so much so that almost anyone within a 500 metres radius can hear them...

Or, having the phone on so everyone can hear everything the other person is saying. Now that is disrespectful to the that person! Because they are not aware!

I do not like it when someone says they will call you back . you damn well know that they are not gonna. Why won't they just cop to the fact???!!! Er!
My dearest, dearest daughter does it! Guess I am used to it now. It could be worse. She could be not calling at all. Or worse than that.

Last edited:
I hope it's a trend and not permanently embedded in our brains but.......acronyms used while having a conversation with a human being, the kind of human being which is actually speaking and in the same room with you or on the cell, or heaven forbid, an actual landline in your home.

"OMG.. my BFF is coming over so I'll TTYL..":lol:

(slight exaggeration)

lol , new language?

I hope it's a trend and not permanently embedded in our brains but.......acronyms used while having a conversation with a human being, the kind of human being which is actually speaking and in the same room with you or on the cell, or heaven forbid, an actual landline in your home.

"OMG.. my BFF is coming over so I'll TTYL..":lol:

(slight exaggeration)

GM Sarah,
lol! I just had too.
No, I'll use the term bff, but the rest - no. Boy friend doesn't understand anyway. It's Poor taste. The new Spanglish.....Textlish!

Back