Trends that piss you off.

Hey!! Leave my kid alone..:lol: My youngest looks like" Justin Beber?"and he looks cool in his shades if I do say so myself.

He's a good kid and remember the wonderful 70s?:peace:

My older two kept theirs shaved and designed with cool styles as if tattoos (yet not).This is art for them. Let them be kids and enjoy their youth. The clothes- I completely agree, yet the hair? Who cares as long as you can see their eyes? It's not as if they're in the military (yet).;-)

Does anyone remember the parachute pants in the eighties? :shock:

The gumby style jeans in the nineties?
I've been through two so far and everyone lived through it -much to the eyesore of others, :sorry:
As we all agreed before, the sagging pants is the worst and thank goodness there's a law against it, although it doesn't seem to be enforced very well.

You mean theres a law against sagging pants?- well done America!

I can't stand those...

I think you are referring to the bell bottom pants.... Yup, those were the rage of the eighties...

We sure do wear the outrageous stuff back in the 80's- I'll grant you that...

For me somehow- my dad was in the police force, so discipline was kinda the in-thing in my home. I still maintain and love short haircuts since young, therefore can never understand the long hair principles by some- but hey... to each his own, I always say.

But nowadays, things are changing, what we kinda disprove seems to be the in thing nowadays- no guys want to be caught dead with ankle socks, but now it seems that everyone is wearing them, some with pompoms at the heel! Back then, if you see a guy talking by himself, you can safely assume that "the lift does not go all the way to the top". Now he would probably on the mobile phone.

So I suppose we do have to adapt to the changes, but some thiongs will never change for me. One of them is ROCK & ROLL!!!:cheers:

I hate the 80's, and I really hate that it seems to be coming back around.

The hair is bad. The fashion is bad...yuck.

I agree Viper, I don't understand the long hair fashion for men. Very few men look good with long hair. (And those that look good with long hair look really good with long hair). Rawr.

Other than that, in my mind every man, boy, child etc, that I see with bangs in their face and long flowing rat tails in the back are cut and shaved quickly before they can even figure it out. Alas, this is just a wonderful day dream. (Hehehe).

=Back then, if you see a guy talking by himself, you can safely assume that "the lift does not go all the way to the top". Now he would probably on the mobile phone.
Ahhh, another HUGE pet peeve...the smaller these Bluetooth pieces get the stupider I get!

I can't tell you how many times I've answered people talking on their Bluetooth. pixiedustboo you IDIOT!

It seems like people have gone a lot comfortable with a lot of things that are considered to be taboo from way back.

Though the trend that most pisses me off is how people are so okay with going out without being able to fix up that much. You could claim that would be because of confidence but in reality, it is a great way of saying that I do not care about what others say I am because I still look good in it.

Ahhh, another HUGE pet peeve...the smaller these Bluetooth pieces get the stupider I get!

I can't tell you how many times I've answered people talking on their Bluetooth. pixiedustboo you IDIOT!
Guilty as charged, your Honour.

Yep, I've fallen for that a lot, especially when my desk was within about 8 feet of my boss. One minute she'd be chatting to me, next minute she'd be answering a call, and me having my head buried in a spreadsheet wouldn't know what was going on, as half the time I was only "half listening" anyway.

Poor Leslie would just purse her lips and slowly shake her head, prolly thinking that her ship manager was a complete and utter Froot Loop.

Last edited:
the only thing that really gets me is cockiness and the attitude that the world owes you. honestly no one is naturally owed anything, they should work rather than expecting constant support

the only thing that really gets me is cockiness and the attitude that the world owes you. honestly no one is naturally owed anything, they should work rather than expecting constant support

Everybody feels so self entitled to EVERYTHING. And when they don't get what they want they become "Victimized"

Poor things, such a pity.

But it's the brick that was cast out 50 years ago, I guess with push button convience and 31 flavors of Baskin Robbins it's now the cornerstone?

Guilty as charged, your Honour.

Yep, I've fallen for that a lot, especially when my desk was within about 8 feet of my boss. One minute she'd be chatting to me, next minute she'd be answering a call, and me having my head buried in a spreadsheet wouldn't know what was going on, as half the time I was only "half listening" anyway.

Poor Leslie would just purse her lips and slowly shake her head, prolly thinking that her ship manager was a complete and utter Froot Loop.

Or three... :oops:

What pisses me off is that I can't follow majorly obese people with a tuba,

Without being scorned by others.

:firedevi:

i`d like to see a majorly obese person play the tuba. i think it`ll look funny.

let alone what it will sound like.

i also hate people who insult people they have no right it insult/for the wrong reason people just being general d#&*

i`d like to see a majorly obese person play the tuba. i think it`ll look funny.

let alone what it will sound like.

i also hate people who insult people they have no right it insult/for the wrong reason people just being general d#&*

Hey I feel ya,

But some people have to justify their shortcomings as human beings somehow.

Imagine an emotional pair of crutches for those people to fill that empty black whole deep down inside them.

People listening to music on the bus,using their cellphone speakers.... why don´t they use their headphones???!!!

Not to mention they usually pick the strangest groups and songs, those you couldn´t expect to find anywhere else....

People listening to music on the bus,using their cellphone speakers.... why don´t they use their headphones???!!!

Not to mention they usually pick the strangest groups and songs, those you couldn´t expect to find anywhere else....

Hey, bro... I agree with you..., but I also say, to each his own.... What may sound like crap to us, is music to some ears... remember how our parents think Micheal Jackson is some punk who can only dance, when we think that classical music is only good for elevator music... times a changing, bro...

As for not using headphones, well, some people has only begun to discover fire... :peace:

I know, everyone is entitled to listen to whatever they want... But if you are using public transportation you must respect the other ppl there, some of us use that time to study or catch up on our reading... If you want loud music, choose other place! That's all i'm saying!

I know, everyone is entitled to listen to whatever they want... But if you are using public transportation you must respect the other ppl there, some of us use that time to study or catch up on our reading... If you want loud music, choose other place! That's all i'm saying!

I agree....

Pass the headphones,

This reminds me of the insanity of those talk to themselves wearing blue tooth.

Who knew?

That 15 years ago we would be completley worried about someone talking to themselves beings as they may have mental issues.

Pass the headphones,

This reminds me of the insanity of those talk to themselves wearing blue tooth.

Who knew?

That 15 years ago we would be completley worried about someone talking to themselves beings as they may have mental issues.

That will always be weird for me, I can't even use voice commands on my phone it's just too sci-fi, and i still miss the phone keys...(while typing on an ipad XD)

Back