Transformers

phoenix80

Banned
Just saw it... Didnt like it. waste of time and money. Also, it is in the business of bashing America.

Don't recommend it at all! :sarc:

I think it was an okay film. A little kiddy in some parts but then again it was about Transformers.

It wouldn't really be a film bashing America because the USAF gave the film so much support that it is crazy. The three V-22s in the start of the film are the three real V-22s that the USAF has. 99% of the troops on screen were real USAF personnel. Most of the military scenes were film on base at Edwards Air Force Base if I'm correct. The F-22s you see on the tarmac are real F-22s along with the F-117. Also the tactics pf the Spooky being used to lay down cover fire. etc.....

The Department of Defense does not allow any support for films if the film in anyway makes the US Militray or the USA as a whole look bad.

Oh, before I forget. The pilot of the helicopter pilot in the Transformer was the base commander of Edwards Air Force Base. All he did was glue on a mustache.

I found the first half of the money great (military scenes). The scenes with the kid was okay. But the whole Sector 7 was kinda Men in Black kiddy....The fight scene towards the end of the film was great. As I said, I'm not a Transformer Fan. I thought that it was a little kiddy at times but in general it was a good film.

Anyways, I support this film for one reason....

GIJoeCC1f_cmyk.jpg

Hasbro has said that if Transformer does good they will make a G.I. Joe movie. And I love G.I. Joe!!!!!!!

Also, it is in the business of bashing America.

Don't recommend it at all! :sarc:

er.....what???

michael bay ( the director ) has the biggest hard on for the US military in his movies EVER

im sorry, but i just dont see how you could consider it anti-american...and since you dont cite your reasons, there's absolutely no chance

er.....what???

michael bay ( the director ) has the biggest hard on for the US military in his movies EVER

im sorry, but i just dont see how you could consider it anti-american...and since you dont cite your reasons, there's absolutely no chance

Okie Dokie!

I think it was an okay film. A little kiddy in some parts but then again it was about Transformers.

It wouldn't really be a film bashing America because the USAF gave the film so much support that it is crazy. The three V-22s in the start of the film are the three real V-22s that the USAF has. 99% of the troops on screen were real USAF personnel. Most of the military scenes were film on base at Edwards Air Force Base if I'm correct. The F-22s you see on the tarmac are real F-22s along with the F-117. Also the tactics pf the Spooky being used to lay down cover fire. etc.....

The Department of Defense does not allow any support for films if the film in anyway makes the US Militray or the USA as a whole look bad.

Oh, before I forget. The pilot of the helicopter pilot in the Transformer was the base commander of Edwards Air Force Base. All he did was glue on a mustache.

I found the first half of the money great (military scenes). The scenes with the kid was okay. But the whole Sector 7 was kinda Men in Black kiddy....The fight scene towards the end of the film was great. As I said, I'm not a Transformer Fan. I thought that it was a little kiddy at times but in general it was a good film.

Anyways, I support this film for one reason....

Hasbro has said that if Transformer does good they will make a G.I. Joe movie. And I love G.I. Joe!!!!!!!

V-22s are, I think, of USMC not Air Force, but I can be wrong. Moreover, I think it was filmed at Holloman AFB since at the end of the movie that famous US Army UH-1N, used in the white sands and Holloman AFB, appeared on the screen. Looked like the below chopper (this is a model thou but still looks the same)

963-b103.JPG.JPG

There are couple of UH-1Ns in this scheme at the range and also at Holloman AFB so I assume they filmed it there.

Updated:

And look what I found

Two V-22s (of only three in the United States Air Force inventory) were filmed in flight at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, on May 26, 2006 for the 2007 Transformers film.

Last edited:
The movie was actually entirely better then I thought it was going to be. The fight scenes were well set up, the CG was amazing, my only issue was that the plot was a bit weak. All in all, a good movie if you are going for the action, which I was.

On a side note, I didnt see anything bashing the American Military, in most scenes it is shown in the best possible light, under intense circumstances.

Phoenix, you need to lighten up man.
There's a lot of Americans who are about as far as America hating as you can get who don't see America bashing where you claim to see it.

Phoenix, you need to lighten up man.
There's a lot of Americans who are about as far as America hating as you can get who don't see America bashing where you claim to see it.

true. and sorry for being late to reply. had some classes today...

Well, it is Hollywood. And the fact that at the end of the movie it shows really nasty people representing the US government blackmailing people, and that it is into simple conspiracy theories like US hiding secrets for 5 decades or so, and no one knows about it makes one wonders why they had to put these lines in the movie. ????!!!!

Stuff like that... may be it s not really anti-america at all, you could be right. But these days any thing like this prompts me to feel that way.

true. and sorry for being late to reply. had some classes today...

Well, it is Hollywood. And the fact that at the end of the movie it shows really nasty people representing the US government blackmailing people, and that it is into simple conspiracy theories like US hiding secrets for 5 decades or so, and no one knows about it makes one wonders why they had to put these lines in the movie. ????!!!!

Stuff like that... may be it s not really anti-america at all, you could be right. But these days any thing like this prompts me to feel that way.

every govt in the world has secrets dude, in the US's case the most obvious would be the skunkworks, and various "black" operations and units.

and when history has area 51 and the roswell crash....then the back story for transformers becomes quite believable. the public, at the end of the day, is quite able to believe that the US govt has the means and desire to keep huge secrets....because they have in the past.

in fact many many movies dealing with alien life coming to earth involve the govt/military attempting to cover it up (for good or bad reasons).

from war of the worlds, to MiB, to transformers.

It DOESN'T mean they're bashing america....my suggestion? start watching movies for enjoyment, rather than hunting for treason

Yep. you're right. I'll do my best not to watch Hollywood movies any more. It's waste of money and time.. Instead I'll watch movies made by non-professional movie makers on beautiful stuff and ordinary matters.

Hey Pheonix80, you know where I stand for the Good Old USA but come on man. Sure, Hollywood has it's head up it's collective ass but still. See a movie to entertain you. Yeah, stuff like Michael Moore's Sicko is something that I will boycott and not spend a single penny on but Transformers was a good movie to watch.

I look at it this way, idiots will bash the USA if I watch a movie or not. I'd rather watch a movie and enjoy, and if it turned out to be a piece of crap I will tell people why it was a piece of crap. There was not any bashing of the USA in Transformers. It's all plot. The Big Government Secret, Building the Damn to hide Megatron, etc.... It's all plot. It was like that in the cartoon and the comics back in the 1980s.

My favorite comic and show is G.I. Joe. The entire unit in the show and comics are a military secret. Not even most of the military in the G.I. Joe universe know about G.I. Joe. They're a top secret unit and guess what, if you ever read the G.I. Joe comics you will see nothing but 110% support for the good old USA.

Back