Transformers

Yeah but "Born on teh Fourth of July" I thought did a good job of showing people what can happen to servicemen once they are seen as "no longer useful" by the government.
I thought that was pretty important and I didn't think there was so much in the way of dishonest propaganda in it. I could be wrong but that's what I thought anyway.

Well, yeah, but a combat veteran Marine turned into an anti-war hippie. Not good.

It's a true story about a real guy actually and let's just say it wasn't, the movie tells you a story about a lot of people.
And also, the guy's earned his right to be an anti-war hippie. His words have more weight than any of ours.

I love Mil-Forums, our most violently patriotic American is actually an Iranian born resident of Canada.

Ok Phoenix... understand your point but if you understand our culture of taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists you'd see this film in this way... its not degrading the US government, its actually making fun out of people who believe that that kind of stuff really goes on.

-MINOR SPOILERS

OK I saw it, -MINOR SPOILERS

And I must say that despite the overly-effective US Government, the obvious great publicity for the U.S Army and Air Force, and Optimus Prime's speech about liberty and Freedom I have to say that this by far the worst anti-American piece of filth I have ever seem. I blame those damn robots, how dare they think they could be better than us? :sarc:

But other than that, I really liked it, The Transformers themselves were very nicely done. My criticisms are:

1. There were too many human scenes and not enough robots.
2. Secondly, not all the transformers were right. Megatron is a P38 handgun, Bumblebee is a VW Beetle (not a comaro) and both Prowl (police car) is an autobot.

Transformers 2 is already in the works set for June 2009 release date. Might not be Micheal Bay however...

The Simpsons is for Tommorow night.

Last edited:
OK I saw it, -MINOR SPOILERS

And I must say that despite the overly-effective US Government, the obvious great publicity for the U.S Army and Air Force, and Optimus Prime's speech about liberty and Freedom I have to say that this by far the worst anti-American piece of filth I have ever seem. I blame those damn robots, how dare they think they could be better than us? :sarc:

But other than that, I really liked it, The Transformers themselves were very nicely done. My criticisms are:

1. There were too many human scenes and not enough robots.
2. Secondly, not all the transformers were right. Megatron is a P38 handgun, Bumblebee is a VW Beetle (not a comaro) and both Prowl (police car) is an autobot.

Transformers 2 is already in the works set for June 2009 release date. Might not be Micheal Bay however...

The Simpsons is for Tommorow night.

All of the Autobots were cars owned and made my General Motors. Hence why Bumble Bee wasn't a VW Bug....

Product placement, pretty hard to say no when GM offers you $3 million to use their vehicles, means you can put in that little bit of extra time in the studio to make the graphics so freakin awesome.

Yeah I noticed the robots weren't exactly what the toys were but that didn't bother me much. I saw it a few days ago and I thought the movie was fantastic. I loved it.
Other than the cool fight scenes between the robots there was loads of other stuff of which the bit with the AC-130 hammering away at that Scorpion thing, thought that was real awesome.
Sam was funny as hell.

I enjoyed the movie - there were parts in it that were sheer brilliance. The product placement was a little annoying especially regarding the use of all GM vehicles. As for the American bashing comment by the OP all I can say is I've never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life. I can't think of a movie director today who is more PRO American. I mean, take a look at the movies this guy has directed. It's pretty much about America saving the world in one way or another. If anything, Bay is TOO pro American IMO.

Back