Transformers - Page 3




 
--
 
July 17th, 2007  
phoenix80
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
If everyone had such blind faith as you, Pheonix80, there'd be no need for democracy.
LOL

I am not blind... i m just suspicious of some people and it is my right to be. Indeed, if democratic values were left to people like you, we wouldnt have democracy at all.
July 17th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
LOL

I am not blind... i m just suspicious of some people and it is my right to be. Indeed, if democratic values were left to people like you, we wouldn't have democracy at all.
Maybe thats because his idea of democracy ISN'T the one where only the extremist far right point of view is tolerated and where dissent is crushed.

Transformers comes out next week in Europe, I will see if it is 'America-bashing' as you claim.
July 17th, 2007  
Damien435
 
 
I actually thought that, by any standards, the respect shown towards the US Military in this movie was amazing, it wasn't like Independence Day where 90% of our armed forces (err, 85%, sorry) were wiped out in one day. Even in the scenes where the US Forces were slaughtered I felt that it was done in a realistic (as realistic as you can get when the whole basis of the movie is that these cars transform into 80 foot robots) manner, the soldiers at the base in... the UAE? at the beginning didn't just run around like chickens with their heads cut off, they were scrambling to return fire, you could see men running towards their tanks, infantryman returning fire. During the movie I even thought to myself "Even though this is showing the US military getting demolished, I don't feel as though it is doing so in a negative, intentional manner."

Edited for Content
I removed any parts of this post that I thought gave away aspects of the plot since mmarsh hasn't seen the movie yet. You owe me.
--
July 17th, 2007  
Rabs
 
 
I dont give a rats rear about Mmarshs movie experience he should come back to the states where he belongs.

The only 2 thigns that caught me was the detection of a helicopter 5 miles out of a major US military base. Hopefully it would be long before that. And the fact that at the end of the movie the F-22s were being used for ground attack, with missiles not JDAMs.
July 17th, 2007  
phoenix80
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
I dont give a rats rear about Mmarshs movie experience he should come back to the states where he belongs.

The only 2 thigns that caught me was the detection of a helicopter 5 miles out of a major US military base. Hopefully it would be long before that. And the fact that at the end of the movie the F-22s were being used for ground attack, with missiles not JDAMs.
hmmm, good point
July 17th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
Rabs -Your wish is granted, I'm on my back August 2. WOOHOO!
Damien435 -Thanks.

July 25 is going to be tough. The Transformers, AND the Simpsons Movie come out the same day.

Decisions, Decisions.
July 17th, 2007  
Damien435
 
 
Transformers first, then Simpsons.

There you go, I made the decision for you. :P
July 17th, 2007  
phoenix80
 
 
I'll watch the Simpsons!
July 17th, 2007  
5.56X45mm
 
 
SPIDER-PIG!
July 18th, 2007  
Infern0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh

Decisions, Decisions.

dont go to work....problem solved


Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
I'll watch the Simpsons!

even though "the simpsons" has traditionally bashed US government and culture for much of their television run?


im shocked



Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
SPIDER-PIG!

er????


que?